Page 151 of 182 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    A major weakness people forget that Wolverine has is being tossed into deep waters. His body weight would make him sink like a stone to the bottom of whatever body of water he’s in. Throw in his healing factor to somehow thwart the drowning effects and you get one agonizing way to get rid of this runt killing machine . Namor could discard him easily in this manor
    I agree and any fight with Namor in the water that ends up with him losing is a bad fight, hell! namor is very powerful on land too but he just has a weakness there that can be exploited by the opponent
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

A major weakness people forget that Wolverine has is being tossed into deep waters. His body weight would make him sink like a stone to the bottom of whatever body of water he’s in. Throw in his healing factor to somehow thwart the drowning effects and you get one agonizing way to get rid of this runt killing machine . Namor could discard him easily in this manor
    There was actually a case in which he's shown in the water in X-Men #101, though he doesn't sink.

Wolverine wouldn’t stand a chance in water . I remember the Submariner ( the initiative 6 part) mini series where a Namor gets into the X mansion pool and emerges through it lmao to absolutely destroy Wolverine by smashing him into the concrete . The healing factor kicked in but Logan looked like he needed a timeout
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Subby1939; 11-15-2019 at 01:04 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

@Subby1939

OMG. Is that yours? I LOVE that Bianchi art for the last Marvel Masterpieces card set.

Wow. It's smaller than I thought it would be for the amount of detail Bianchi put in that piece. Of course, I said the same thing about the Mona Lisa when I saw it in person. ;p

Oh, and welcome to the thread! Always great to find another Subby fan.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yes I do own that painting and prelim art it’s not small. I don’t know how to post bigger pictures here . It’s 18” x 14”. A very good size []89388[]

Since it’s Friday I’ll post another amazing piece I had done by famed artist Esad Ribic at NYCC 2019. I wanted an hommage to first ever marvel villain team up between Namor the Submariner and Dr Doom. My only stipulation was Namor had to be wearing his early red trunks. I think the results speak for themselves . Happy Friday!
    Last edited by Subby1939; 11-15-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Yes I do own that painting and prelim art it’s not small. I don’t know how to post bigger pictures here . It’s 18” x 14”. A very good size []89388[]
    That's so cool! I love how you framed them together. I haven't gotten my hands on even the trading card yet.

I was making that estimate by the comics it was propped against. Hmmm. So, close to the size of a comic art page? That's still an amazing amount of detail for the size. Bianchi is amazing! I love the cover he did of Namor fighting Sentry. I would love to see him do a Namor mini-series. Or even a one-shot.

Since it’s Friday I’ll post another amazing piece I had done by famed artist Esad Ribic at NYCC 2019. I wanted an hommage to first ever marvel villain team up between Namor the Submariner and Dr Doom. My only stipulation was Namor had to be wearing his early red trunks. I think the results speak for themselves . Happy Friday!
    That is GORGEOUS! I haven't seen this one at all, so thank you for posting this fabulous piece. Congrats!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This art is just so beautiful!

Doom and Namor are my all time faves!!! Ribic is amazing! I loved his Namor in the Depths and of course this is simply gorgeous!!! What a wonderful thing to see on a friday! Thank you! I love the idea to go with the red trunks since that is not one we see often!

Mighty Member

Wow these are amazing!!! Sad that they are so small.

Hello fellow Namor fanatics . It’s my first post so let’s start with a good one . I’ve been a fan since around 5 years old which puts me back few decades but it was my first superhero I ever was exposed to by my mom by a fluke. She purchased a view master toy for me and at random picked first cartoon discs she saw which happened to be Namor. The rest is history .

Fast forward to July 2019 the Toronto Fan Expo and a dream commission come true . Jim Lee redid his iconic splash page from 1996 FF reborn run. I’ll be posting most of my cherished Namor Collectsbles in upcoming days . Want other fans to be able to enjoy these as much as I do.[Img]89374[/Img]
    Holy cow! I think CBR or Bleeding Cool even did an article on this piece of art! I was wondering why Jim Lee chose to revisit the image, and now I know. Excellent! Super Congrats! Can't wait to see more of your collection.

We owe your mom a big debt! Hey, do you still have that ViewMaster disc? I couldn't resist when I saw it on eBay and bought one. Now I need the ViewMaster itself.

So, who is your favorite / favorites Namor artist?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    WELCOME!!! omg that art!!! That's amazing when I saw it online for the first time I loved seeing how different Lee's style changed! Can't wait to see all your Namor stuff and talk about the best character in comics!
    I agree 200%!

Wolverine wouldn’t stand a chance in water . I remember the Submariner ( the initiative 6 part) mini series where a Namor gets into the X mansion pool and emerges through it lmao to absolutely destroy Wolverine by smashing him into the concrete . The healing factor kicked in but Logan looked like he needed a timeout
    lol, I love that part, Namor SWIMS through concrete just to get to Wolverine and it's so great XD

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Wow these are amazing!!! Sad that they are so small.
    CBR's uploaded image restrictions.

If Subby1939 has the image posted on another site, he could use the IMG tags.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Hmm... John Byrne's art of Namor from Fantastic Four #260 (November, 1983) seems to have a weird-shaped head for some reason.

Just saw this fan art and all I have to say is! MARVEL GIVE US A NAMOR UNIVERSE!

Namor-Verse

The comic event that will shake the Marvel Universe to it’s core! Join Namor the Submariner of Earth-616, Ultimate Namor the Submariner of Earth-1610, Namor the Cursed of Earth-9997, Kaymar the Sub-merchandizer of Earth-8311, and Captain Namor of Earth-90214 in this thrilling prelude to Namor-geddon that Marvel calls “How did we let this happen?”.

Fan artist by: James Yusufi
    link

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    CBR's uploaded image restrictions.

If Subby1939 has the image posted on another site, he could use the IMG tags.
    It's why I always try to post it to twitter or tumblr first then here, though I think pintrest can work too? i havent't tried that though. Speaking of restrictions will the end of the year have us rebooting the thread?