Page 880 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 380780830870876877878879880881882883884890930980 ... LastLast
Results 13,186 to 13,200 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He got that ranking due to singles wins. So they do matter. A big-time singles guy with an established record bringing a team in SHOULD get a title shot sooner than a team coming in cold.

If you count Lights Out matches, Mox is the clear #1 in the company.

They, however, have established some wiggle room to keep stories hot.

I really don't see an issue with the current system now but I do think it won't last long. One long series of matches with a champion or a hot 50/50 feud is going to wreck the ability to move people up without going on a hot streak, killing the momentum of a lot of people. And in theory, a 50/50 champion feud will mean that the former champ and the new champ will be dropped out of the top 5 or even 10 rather fast when they drop a title. And new people or injured people are going to take YEARS to catch up sooner than later.

That's the issues I see coming if they're focused on good storylines ... it's gonna cause some major issues later.
    They are handcuffing themselves to something unnecessary. They could just keep it simple, give a guy some big wins and have them challenge for a title.

Hell , if they want to be really cutting edge, have the fans vote on the #1 contender.

Push a few guys, then make them choices for fans to pick , who the champ faces one a month or so.

Other than Brandon Cutler, everybody is presented at the same level. You might as well embrace it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I really don't see an issue with the current system now but I do think it won't last long. One long series of matches with a champion or a hot 50/50 feud is going to wreck the ability to move people up without going on a hot streak, killing the momentum of a lot of people. And in theory, a 50/50 champion feud will mean that the former champ and the new champ will be dropped out of the top 5 or even 10 rather fast when they drop a title. And new people or injured people are going to take YEARS to catch up sooner than later.

That's the issues I see coming if they're focused on good storylines ... it's gonna cause some major issues later.
    I see it differently. A win/loss scoring system can be used to generate drama in a number of ways, and even add meaning to what would otherwise be throwaway matches.

Besides, they said it'd reset every year so it's not scores will be forever written in stone.

Ultimate Member

Team NXT losing here was stupid as heck, and oh so unnecessary. Vince and co are doing a terrible job of selling them, whom a lot of MR fans aren't familiar with, as proper threats. Also the "brand warfare" concept has always led to, weird character actions, and tonight was no exception.

I feel bad for Dakota fans, it's gotta be rough a lot of the time.

I love how a Kofi apparently doesn't give two craps about losing the WWE title, great character work there (sarcasm).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Team NXT losing here was stupid as heck, and oh so unnecessary. Vince and co are doing a terrible job of selling them, whom a lot of MR fans aren't familiar with, as proper threats. Also the "brand warfare" concept has always led to, weird character actions, and tonight was no exception.

I feel bad for Dakota fans, it's gotta be rough a lot of the time.

I love how a Kofi apparently doesn't give two craps about losing the WWE title, great character work there (sarcasm).
    I think Bazler and Rhea have looked pretty good in the invasion. Bazler has owned Bayley most of their encounters to the degree that Bayley is literally running scared from her, and Rhea did a pretty good job projecting herself as a superstar on par with Sasha despite her team not winning the match. Both women I think come off as credible threats to even top tier female superstars on the main roster.

The rest of the female NXT stars not so much though.

Extraordinary Member

Wow, I just completely forgot that Smackdown was on tonight and missed it

Ultimate Member

Bayley apparently took out all of Team Rhea except for Mia. That doesn't exactly make them look good, then she laid out Shayna as well.

Spectacular Member

Few complaints about smackdown. Why is nikki cross getting all these match opportunities? With all the wrestlers wwe has what was with the lousy heavy machinery match?

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Few complaints about smackdown. Why is nikki cross getting all these match opportunities? With all the wrestlers wwe has what was with the lousy heavy machinery match?
    With Alexa and Ember possibly being on the shelf and Bayley turning heel, I think Nikki has become the top female face on the brand weirdly enough.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Oney Lorcan requested his release

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wow. I love that guy.

Astonishing Member

I honestly think that low valued talent should be let gonif, they ask. There is so much talent out there that would want that opportunity. You have to keep your work environment as positive as possible. I don't care what the industry is.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I honestly think that low valued talent should be let gonif, they ask. There is so much talent out there that would want that opportunity. You have to keep your work environment as positive as possible. I don't care what the industry is.
    It's a tricky issue. On one hand I sort of doubt the WWE feels they are hurt in any way by letting Oney go (no offense to the guy... he's a very good worker), But on the flip side, there are definately guys you DON'T want to just let go, and it's easier and more defendable to just have a consistant policy rather than picking and choosing certain people to be exceptions. So I can go either way on it.

I will say I enjoyed a lot of his work in NXT. His singles and tag stuff always delivered.

Oney asking for his release puzzles me. He's wasn't being misused and honestly being a good hand was the best role for him. I doubt he gets his release.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It's like Jericho said, Shawn Spears ruined it for everyone. He was exactly as you described and he been doing well for himself in AEW. I bet Juice Robinson success in New Japan must sting too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    but whyyyyy!!!!
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player