Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Probably. I think it's a great image that sells the idea of a rebel force against overwhelming odds. But it also made me think of his plan at the beginning of TLJ, where he actually was working virtually alone.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the visual.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

New Thanksgiving TV spot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjdjyvnOGtg

-New Palpatine line, in his evilist voice.
    -Use of Duel and the Fates and the Imperial march, although I'm not sure if either are from the film's soundtrack given that the trailers usually have their own music seperate from the films.
    -Poe giving a classic Star Wars "NOOOOO!" as an X-wing gets destroyed. Maybe Snap dies?
    -Lots of TIE related action, including what looks like the burned wreckage of Kylo's new TIE and the Daggers.
    -Looks like Rey goes back to Ach-To as some point, it looks like a rocky, green area. burning TIE also looks like it too. Kind of reminds me of the funeral pyre in ROTJ.
    -
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    New Thanksgiving TV spot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjdjyvnOGtg

-New Palpatine line, in his evilist voice.
    -Use of Duel and the Fates and the Imperial march, although I'm not sure if either are from the film's soundtrack given that the trailers usually have their own music seperate from the films.
    -Poe giving a classic Star Wars "NOOOOO!" as an X-wing gets destroyed. Maybe Snap dies?
    -Lots of TIE related action, including what looks like the burned wreckage of Kylo's new TIE and the Daggers.
    -Looks like Rey goes back to Ach-To as some point, it looks like a rocky, green area. burning TIE also looks like it too. Kind of reminds me of the funeral pyre in ROTJ.
    -
    going back to ach-so would strengthen some spoilers...
    DotF+Imperial March firing on all cylinders, lol. wish we got something new. nooo, i take it back, donīt give us anything new

brace yourselves for star wars the ultimate rehash
    Last edited by abulafia; 11-28-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

So along with Rey (Apparentally more of her past being revealed/central to the plot?) and Poe (his relationship with Zori Bliss) Abrams has said that the film will also focus on Finn's origins as well.

Of course we know that he was taken to be a Stormtrooper at a young age, so maybe perhaps he'll find his real family? Jannah perhaps being his sister? There seems to be a lot of her with Finn in the various trailers.

any opinions on the ongoing re shoots? rumors say there are up to 5 cuts handled atm. one (apparently droped) having the falcon being blown up with all the old school heroes on it?
    jj debunked all the rumors, but amount of leaks makes me tend to believe there is meat there...
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    any opinions on the ongoing re shoots? rumors say there are up to 5 cuts handled atm. one (apparently droped) having the falcon being blown up with all the old school heroes on it?
    jj debunked all the rumors, but amount of leaks makes me tend to believe there is meat there...
    There's a huge difference between leaks and stuff people make up to get clicks.

I have to write something before the saga ends, there was no way that Luke would strike down a sleeping Kylo that destroyed my interest in these films, leave the original three movies alone. I won't be going to see the new film which will be the first time since 77 that I haven't, Han, Luke, Leia deserved better even poor Lando and Chewie. I have no interest in these new characters other than BB8 and Finn and the way it's going Lando says to him "Finn...I am your father!" Please don't end on this stupidity.
    Hail Hydra!

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    I have to write something before the saga ends, there was no way that Luke would strike down a sleeping Kylo that destroyed my interest in these films
    Not really what happened there.

I remember there was a rumor that there's a cut of ROTJ where Lando and the Falcon doesn't survive the Death Star. There's no evidence that such a scene exists or ever existed; seems to be built mainly on Han's line "I just have a funny feeling that I'm not going to see her again".

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Not really what happened there.
    LOL I'll take your word on the scene however you have got to admit it was not the Luke from the earlier trilogy.
    Hail Hydra!

Technically it was two scenes-one from Ren's POV and one from Luke's. Luke was about to do something but hesitated at the last minute, however Ben saw it as a clear threat.

It also seems like a bit of a callback to him about to deliver the killing blow to Vader in ROTJ, but then realizing what he's about to do (Although Palpatine kind of pointed that out).

The film was locked on November 24th.

Reshoots are a normal thing ... we're just more aware of them now with social media and the like.

JJ indicated the reshoots were largely around continuity (lighting was an example he stated) as well as alternate camera angles (another common reshoot).
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I'm guessing we're about a week or so out from the first few reviews, although it should be noted that while TLJ got many good reviews, fan reaction was generally more mixed.

Astonishing Member

There is a substantial amount of rumours going around. But the one about all of the old crew being taken out on The Millennium Falcon is the most incredulous of the bunch. The backlash would be immeasurable. Then again, it is Disney Star Wars so...

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    There is a substantial amount of rumours going around. But the one about all of the old crew being taken out on The Millennium Falcon is the most incredulous of the bunch. The backlash would be immeasurable. Then again, it is Disney Star Wars so...
    Chewie is probably safe and will pal around with Rey and/or whoever shows up in a sequel film/show later on.

Threepio and/or Artoo might go out in a blaze of glory in this movie.

I think Lando is safe, too.

I'd be more concerned about Finn or Poe biting it.