Page 740 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 24064069073073673773873974074174274374475079084012401740 ... LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 36576

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

i have no mouth and i must scream.
    Edited in the link to the episode breakdown.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It doesn't seem to be.

EDIT: Episode is called "The Trouble with Edward".
    sigh.

le hurt.

sigh.

le hurt.
    I'm surprised TOS Kirk, Picard, and Sisko haven't forced themselves into the Kelvin timeline and fused into one super captain through sheer rage and proceeded to go on a Starfleet tour, putting their boot into the ass of EVERY Starfleet officer, Male or Female starting with that lady. Because the Captain does not discriminate based on gender, if you deserve a boot in the ass, he will give you a boot in the ass.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

i have no mouth and i must scream.
    I've seen the episode in question (Thanks to guile and deceit ). While Edward is a bumbling guy who doesn't seem to accept any fault with himself, will send multiple anonymous complaints to Starfleet calling superiors 'Dumb' etc, and will disobey orders to create born-pregnant-tribbles . . . that was several steps over the line.

I really hope the new Picard series can bring up the bar for the Star Trek franchise as a whole.

Extraordinary Member

The Watchmen TV show has god tier foreshadowing

Extraordinary Member

Did not expect to be bitten by the Equestria Girls bug last week and to spend a lot of Sunday going through all the shorts and specials on youtube (along with rewatching the movies) and then to be a bit bummed out by finding some cut scenes from the third movie containing an expanded subplot about Sunset Shimmer contemplating going back to equestria which would've made the movie even better, and the get further bummed when I discovered that the spinoff is probably abruptly canceled along with the main Friendship is Magic series.

Le sigh.

At least I found this really nice song.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The leaders of the Conservative Party and the far right Brexit Party both refused to show up the Channel 4 debate on climate change and what the UK can do to combat it.

Channel 4 responded by empty chairing the two leaders and replacing them with a set of ice sculptures of the earth to illustrate the growing catastrophe.

The Prime Minister then got upset that he was being effectively mocked and sent robot in a poorly fitting human suit Michael Gove and his own father down to complain and try and force their way into the debate. They were rebuked.

In a tough week of politics this has been a lovely moment of hilarity.
    That's really well-done. And well-done for them to say 'screw you, your rep can't come in now that your feelings are hurt'.

If only it actually wakes people up.

This election has been... honestly a bit less ugly than I expected. Tories seem to be losing their lead in the polls thua bit, which is good.

BBC has been doing a lot of extremely suss stuff in their coverage which is never a good sign.

Still in two weeks, we'll be done with it and either completely fucked or in a coalition which might lead to us being less fucked in the long run.

Am I drinking more as a coping mechanism? No, but only because I've been drinking more as a coping mechanism for like the last three years.

Aaaaaargh.
    Sorry, man.

I know, it's this looming stressor sitting at the back of the head, dark-clouding...well, everything. Hard to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    My husband talked me out of it, or at least to postpone selling them. All I wish is to get a steady job, somewhere. I hate being unemployed.
    Good luck, Tami. That's rough.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

This crossover is suprisingly fitting.
    Splash page.jpg

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

On a lighter note, in response to an article wherein Warner Bros said they didn't know how to make a Superman film that felt timely and made him relatable, Twitter has been awash with lots of people pitching good ideas for Superman films.

That's been nice.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Also, Subby - welcome back to Anima, and great post. If nobody has put up something for a reply by Tuesday night, I will do so myself.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Hey guys, I have a sad announcement.

I haven't been as active here as I would have liked in the past several weeks, and that's due to me looking for work, donating plasma, and doing whatever else I can to help my Mom as she's in imminent danger of losing her home of 20+ years. I hate having to ask for help like this but we have a GoFundMe going right now to try and save it, and rather than post the link here and possibly break any forum rules I'll send it via PM to anyone who's interested.

While any financial assistance at all is helpful, so is sharing our story in the hopes that it will reach someone who can give us a hand so if you want to help then let me know.

Thank you all for your time, your kindness, and your generosity!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Hey guys, I have a sad announcement.

I haven't been as active here as I would have liked in the past several weeks, and that's due to me looking for work, donating plasma, and doing whatever else I can to help my Mom as she's in imminent danger of losing her home of 20+ years. I hate having to ask for help like this but we have a GoFundMe going right now to try and save it, and rather than post the link here and possibly break any forum rules I'll send it via PM to anyone who's interested.

While any financial assistance at all is helpful, so is sharing our story in the hopes that it will reach someone who can give us a hand so if you want to help then let me know.

Thank you all for your time, your kindness, and your generosity!
    Hmu with that link.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Hmu with that link.
    It has been sent your way, thank you!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

hit me up too. i'll send out some feelers for you.