Page 67 of 233 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'd like to think in this continuity, Two-Face was cured and went back to being Harvey Dent.
    Bad idea. As soon as they show Harvey Dent, everybody is going to be waiting for him to become Two-Face again. And CW will oblige them!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    With Tyler, I got nothing. I mean, what did he think- that Sophie was a virgin and had never been in another relationship before him?
    No. I think he just expected her to be honest, and Sophie did lie to him repeatedly about her relationship with Kate.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Agreed. I actually grew to like Eddie (the episode where he was framed by a shapeshifter and, after Flash broke him out, convinved Barry to take him back was the turning point for me), and when he died I was genuinely sad.

With Tyler, I got nothing. I mean, what did he think- that Sophie was a virgin and had never been in another relationship before him?
    I think the main difference with Eddie and Tyler was that Eddie was a main character and fairly plot relevant while Tyler is basically a Sophie supporting character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    No. I think he just expected her to be honest, and Sophie did lie to him repeatedly about her relationship with Kate.
    Yeah, his main issue was that she wasn't upfront about her relationship with Kate, and he thinks there is something to the fact that she continually tries to hide and downplay their past relationship.

Over al the writing is hit or miss(like all the cw shows) however like black lightning it is more hit then miss. I kee hopeing for more villian of the week stuff to work ut more of batwoman...

Each review i d hs gotten shorter and shorter..but unlike supergi i am still wtching.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Yeah, I'm not seeing him as the bad guy here. I believe his reaction would have been the same had Kate been a guy, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

If Sophie only had lesbian relationships prior to meeting Tyler I suppose it is possible he thought she was a virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If Sophie only had lesbian relationships prior to meeting Tyler I suppose it is possible he thought she was a virgin.
    Not an expert, but I'm pretty sure that's not how things work.

But, if we're gonna judge virginity by a broken hymen, my ex lost her virginity to a bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I know it didn't directly lead to it, but Mary can make the claim that it was a factor. Of course the argument against anything going on IMHO is Catherine kicked off this entire **** storm because she wanted to jump Jacob's bones. Had she not lied about the bones, Jacob keeps looking, maybe he finds her. (yes yes, maybe he doesn't) but Catherine's shady ish certainly had a large hand in this.
    Make no bones about it, a lot of blame does go to Catherine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was a Dent cell in Arkham, so unless they just never got around to removing his nameplate...
    Crap. Uh...maybe that was Duela Dent?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Bad idea. As soon as they show Harvey Dent, everybody is going to be waiting for him to become Two-Face again. And CW will oblige them!
    I don't want Harvey to make an on-screen appearance. Just a passing reference that he was cured by Arkham and redeemed. At least one Batvillain should be.

Make no bones about it, a lot of blame does go to Catherine.

Crap. Uh...maybe that was Duela Dent?

I don't want Harvey to make an on-screen appearance. Just a passing reference that he was cured by Arkham and redeemed. At least one Batvillain should be.
    Just one?

Condiment King.

Because Arkham is oh so well known for being good at rehabilitation and successfully treating it's prisoners oops I mean patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Because Arkham is oh so well known for being good at rehabilitation and successfully treating it's prisoners oops I mean patients.
    Anyone else hoping they eventually bring in Hugo Strange or Scarecrow?

I just don't think TV Kate cares a lick about style. She just puts on whatever she feels like (even if looks like she only really has one outfit).
    The red sections on the batsuit look too cool for her not to care about style, plus her wig is neatly combed and that red-lipstick applied perfectly.

What would a casual batsuit even look like? I guess she would have kept wearing the same suit as eps 1 and 2, but maybe with a 'not Batman' sign stencilled on it somewhere?
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 12-05-2019 at 05:26 AM.

To be honest, I'm surprised they didn't say "you're under arrest for the murder of your wife" when they arrested him.
    The cops probably assumed he knew who he had just killed and I'm guessing the writers want a quieter moment to let Dougray Scott really react to the news rather than have it happen during such a chaotic moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I agree it's not the same as Lena's plight, but I just wish the others would at least attempt to explain to Alice they did the best they could.
    But that's not how guilt works - they've both said that they don't feel they did the best they could have.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well NOW Kate stops trying to treat Mary like ****. A bit late, ain't it?
    Let's hope it's not too late before she stops treating Fox like her butler...

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Anyone else hoping they eventually bring in Hugo Strange or Scarecrow?
    I think they might have a better chance getting access to Strange then Scarecrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I feel bad for Luke that he seemingly has no life outside helping Kate be Batwoman. And that Kate treats him little better then an assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well NOW Kate stops trying to treat Mary like ****. A bit late, ain't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    First season is all about Kate's growth, and gradual development into a hero. She hasn't had much empathy for anyone other than her sister up until now. The blurb for the first season literally says "don't call her a hero yet".

She's been concerned with her own wants and needs, and her own feelings. Even being Batwoman after the rescue of Sophie was mostly about guilt because Gotham thought Batman was back (and she was worried about disappointing Bruce). She spent 5 years doing survival training to become a Crow, seems maybe it was just her and her teacher/s, so she will have been self-focused for some time.

Prime examples of this are an early episode where the radio is talking about Magpies crime spree while Batwoman ignores it. Luke also brings this up, and Kate takes a while to act because she's more concerned with her personal life than being a hero. She held Dodson herself, rather working with police, or establishing contact with them, because she isn't concerned with bringing criminals in, just 'saving' her sister. And her lack of planning or care causes him to need hospitalization (with Mary).

I think she will learn some things from her time with the others (mostly Supergirl but also Flash and Arrow) during COIEs. Probably Supergirl and Flash's influence will teach her some things.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 12-05-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Kate not being a hero doesn't excuse being a dick to (or at the very least treating in a disrespectful way) someone who's been helping you out a lot and has saved your life a couple of times. But yes, I'm sure she will grow to be a better person overall.