Page 204 of 655 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 9824
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Actually Jeen kind of accepted everything about adult Jean was also part of her. When she rejected adult Jean she kind of annoyed me.
    I liked Jeen but adult Jean is the real deal.
    I can't blame her for wanting to set out and do things differently though; I mean, would any of us try for less?

In any case, we'll have to agree to disagree; I don't find adult Jean nearly as engaging or interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    And yet, despite all of it, she really was able to come out of it for the better. Like the ultimate 'healing' in a way; she might not have agreed, but she knew she couldn't run from it forever, and once she turned around and really started to face it all she came out so much stronger! I argue it was finally a way to move the character forward and on her own terms, away from the Phoenix, the love triangle drama, all of it!
    Bendis taking out the love triangle was wonderful.
    *Then comes hoxpoxdox and we have the 3 rooms interconnecting jean, scott and Logan rooms.Just undoing everything Bendis did.
    nothing progressive for Jean character

I keep thinking of all the things Bendis could had done if adult Jean was alive and he could use her on Avengers books
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-28-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Bendis influence specially regarding Jean is severely underrated.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-28-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Oh, what the hell, I'll play.

Magneto just might be the most painfully predictable/overwritten/boring character, these days. I mean, the guy's such a senseless-tragedy-survivor-turned-egomaniacal-jerk-but-wants-to-have-his-cake-and-eat-it-too-love-him cliche it's practically impossible for writers to screw it up, lol. Oh well.
    Which is actually sad. Beside Claremont and Carey, it seems no one is willing to write a three dimensional character, but instead do a pretty superficial caricature. That includes Bunn and Hickman. I really hope that changes with the upcoming Giant Size, but I'm not holding my breath.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Which is actually sad. Beside Claremont and Carey, it seems no one is willing to write a three dimensional character, but instead do a pretty superficial caricature. That includes Bunn and Hickman. I really hope that changes with the upcoming Giant Size, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I 99% agree with you; the only thing I would say is that Percy's pretty good at giving Logan, at least, a sense of nuance.

I miss Cullen Bunn though, where'd he go, man...

BANNED

I got another one too: Jean, Logan and Scott are a thousand times more interesting out of the love triangle. And to add to that; Jean's leagues ahead of the game when she's on her own. Let those two run off to wherever, they're dragging her down!

Spectacular Member

I 99% agree with you; the only thing I would say is that Percy's pretty good at giving Logan, at least, a sense of nuance.

I miss Cullen Bunn though, where'd he go, man...
    But I was talking specifically about Magneto.

Bunn would be a blast on X-force, actually But unlike so many others, I didn't particularly thought his Magneto was all that good. He got a lot of elements right, tho.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    But I was talking specifically about Magneto.

Bunn would be a blast on X-force, actually But unlike so many others, I didn't particularly thought his Magneto was all that good. He got a lot of elements right, tho.
    Oooh, ok sorry, I missed the context!

Bunn's X-Men Blue was honest to god perfect to me.

Spectacular Member

Oooh, ok sorry, I missed the context!

Bunn's X-Men Blue was honest to god perfect to me.
    No problems.
    I actually think he shines in the greyer areas. It got a bit excessive with Mags, but the Sabertooth and Monet arc was amazing. And unlike the atrocity that was Psylocke/Mags showdown, S/M arc had also a very nice closure, even if slightly ambiguous.

My turn

X-men almost always fail as team books. Solo titles give the characters the development they deserve, but the more the characters are held to the main X group the worse they fare. The Iceman book is a prime example, it felt like an average X-men story featuring Iceman. Shatterstar was its opposite, in that it was a great character story about Shatterstar that couldn't be told with anyone else.

Agreed on Magneto. Every time he opens his mouth i want to punch him.

I got another one too: Jean, Logan and Scott are a thousand times more interesting out of the love triangle. And to add to that; Jean's leagues ahead of the game when she's on her own. Let those two run off to wherever, they're dragging her down!
    Is that unpopular? I think most would agree that the love triangle needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    My turn

X-men almost always fail as team books. Solo titles give the characters the development they deserve, but the more the characters are held to the main X group the worse they fare. The Iceman book is a prime example, it felt like an average X-men story featuring Iceman. Shatterstar was its opposite, in that it was a great character story about Shatterstar that couldn't be told with anyone else.
    I agree with the bold. Characters kind of become ruined when writers get so attached to always having them as part of the main team.

Kitty has especially suffered from always having to be placed on a flagship title. I always thought that it made more sense for her to want to settle down at some point. Mekanix showed that she was actually really good at leading a normal life. I'd be interested in seeing what she does in-between titles that she leaves (Post GotG; Post X-Men: Gold) but she's always thrust into leading a new team.

I don't think this is unpopular. Jean is much better out of the love triangle, doing her own thing. I hope hoxpoxdox won't regress her

Love triangles are definitely an issue. Though Jean hasn't been with either guy for decades. Maybe she is with both this time but still no love triangle.
    But I don't get how they loving her is a bad thing. If anything it was the only reason some people remembered she existed when Marvel wanted to forget about her.
    They are not fighting over her and she will do or stop doing the same thing with or without them.
    Seriously, sometimes the Wolverine and Cyclops bashing is just exaggerated. It is like people just disliked them and find every reason to blame them for everything.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-05-2019 at 02:19 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Love triangles are definitely an issue. Though Jean hasn't been with either guy for decades. Maybe she is with both this time but still no love triangle.
    But I don't get how they loving her is a bad thing. If anything it was the only reason some people remembered she existed when Marvel wanted to forget about her.
    They are not fighting over her and she will do or stop doing the same thing with or without them.
    Seriously, sometimes the Wolverine and Cyclops bashing is just exaggerated. It is like people just disliked them and find every reason to blame them for everything.
    Exactly why the three of them need to be kept apart for a while. Like opposite ends of the island apart. Like, let them establish themselves as individuals and then bring about the healing. And don't even start with the romance; go full platonic! Let them be casual, let them have fun, let there be no strings attached so that they might grow as people beyond those boundaries.

Except that is what happened. Wolverine and Jean haven been platonic since forever and Cyclops and Jean since Morrison and the time displaced X-men. Everybody was also dead or on AUs until Hickman.

I don't want to argue, talking about shipping is so tiresome, most of the time people look at the worst things. I'm just saying that these characters loving her doesn't present any more or less of a problem than they don't doing it or someone else doing it.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-05-2019 at 02:54 PM.