Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

When I was at my local Barnes & Noble I noticed they had a sale of 30% off cd's, so I picked up:

In Person! Tony Bennett
    with Count Basie and His Orchestra

(album originally released 1959
    © 2013 Columbia Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment)
    for a whopping $3.35 (U.S.) with sales tax!

I just picked up the new Sabaton album The Great War yesterday.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Beth Hart - War In My Mind

Mike Tramp - Capricorn (Reissue)

Helloween - United Alive

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I picked up three albums today, two on CD and one on cassette.

The CDS were the Kiss album Destroyer (Resurrected) and Dynasty.

The cassette was the Grim Reaper album Fear No Evil.

A friend of mine was out west the last couple of weeks and he picked up a couple of CDs on my want list for me.

Chastain's In Dementia and .38 Special's Bone Against Steel.

Attachment 89088

Attachment 89089

Various Artists – MAKE MINE MONDO

Not a Risky Business release but it feels like one, nonetheless.
    Even the pink stripe on the top of the cover is present to remind me of the collection I hold dear to my heart, with a selection of songs RB would be proud of.
    Here is the Editorial Review from Amazon:
    Quirky in the extreme, Make Mine Mondo does what it says on the tin and then some. Culled from the vaults of the eccentric Doré label, fuzzed-out garage bands, wayward rockabillies and mental instrumentalists cook up a melée of mondo mayhem in long-ago Los Angeles. Comprising 11 extremely rare and sought after garage band singles (nine previously uncompiled and new to CD); eight previously uncompiled instrumentals (also new to CD) and several unreleased rock 'n' roll/R&B numbers, all remastered for legitimate first-time release, Make Mine Mondo screams for attention in the busy collectors' market. Extensively researched booklet notes by mondo maven Rob Finnis.
    Tracklist
    1. The Altecs - Gorilla Hunt 2:02
    2. Spencer's Van Dykes - I'll Blow My Mind 1:54
    3. The Zanies - Mad Scientist 1:51
    4. Los Corvets - Satisfaction 3:21
    5. Johnny O - Meet The Bongo Man 2:11
    6. The Debonairs - Everybody's Movin' 2:34
    7. The Wrench - The Day Is Hard 2:16
    8. Bobby Fry - Grandchus 2:52
    9. The Rebels - TNT In A T-Shirt 1:18
    10. Davie Allan & Arrows - Camel Walk 1:48
    11. The Brentwoods - Midnight Star 2:18
    12. The Whips - Yes Master! 2:16
    13. Johnny Durain & The Cytones - Shang-Dang-Doo 2:20
    14. The Syndicate - My Baby's Barefoot 2:43
    15. Tony Casanova - Boogie Woogie Feeling 2:21
    16. The Zanies - The Blob 2:22
    17. Chuck Miles & The Styles - Rock That Boogie 2:18
    18. The Wrench - You'll Understand 2:55
    19. Motion - The Thief 2:26
    20. The South Hampton Story - Leave Me Behind 2:39
    21. Johnny "Z" - Midnight Beach Party 1:57
    22. John Winfield Jr. - She Touched My Soul 2:08
    23. Bobby Troup - Seventh Son 2:03
    24. The Capers - Rockin' Round The Mountain 2:11
    25. Basil & The Baroques - It's No Use 2:57
    26. The Syndicate - Love Will Take Away 3:13
    27. Opus Five - Haight (In Haight-Ashbury) Street 3:04
    28. The Zanies - Russian Roulette 2:00
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Incredible Member

Red Velvet: The Rev Festival Day 1

Default Prelude to 2019 Top 10 purchases

The white stuff on the ground means I better start listening to the 2019 CDs I bought throughout the year.

As have I predicted, this year was phenomenal for the music I like. Unfortunately, my work history was spotty at best, which means I could not afford to buy every CD I wanted and/or was great. In retrospect, what I did manage to purchase resulted in a stronger selection, due to the necessary culling.

Moreso, there were no major disappointments. Few artists I expected to come out with new material, did not, which only means next year could be just as strong as 2019 is/was. Although the financial strain leaned hard on me, I still bought so many CDs, that if I start listing them in a manner I usually do (one CD per day), I wouldn't be able to present them all by the end of the year, so I won't even try. Instead, I'll split my purchases into two groups:
    - The Classic Rock and
    - Everything else (which might sound broad, but yet again, because I couldn't buy everything I wanted, it is all Metal). While there is not much variation in the music styles, the geographical region they cover is especially amazing... if I may say so myself.

As a result, I'm doing three things differently than I used to do in the past.
    1. I will only list the "Everything Else" CDs here. (The "Classic Rock" releases will be posted someplace else).
    2. I'll post my purchases in order of their release dates (for as long as I can follow that rule since I'm still waiting for a few CDs to arrive) and reveal the Top 10 List on January 1st. The reason behind this is that some CDs come in late, and as such, they end up on positions I'm not comfortable with later. Want to give them all a once-over just before ranking, rather than ranking them as they arrive.
    3. While I will list all my "Everything Else" CD purchases here, the Top list will only have 10 entries, rather than ranking them all.

Before I start dispensing the "goods", I want to briefly touch 2 releases that I did NOT buy this year, not because they weren't good, but because of other circumstances. Yet, I believe they deserve to be mentioned.

THE HU - The Gereg CD
    I've been following this Mongolian (yes, you read it correctly) band for a few years now. Way before they became an overnight, internet sensation. So much so, that I've been sending links to people I thought might enjoy their music, to the point when few of them started sending the links back to me with a question "Have you heard of this great new band?" - Dude, you either don't pay much attention to my messages, or your memory is shorter than the fuse strip. I was the 26th like on their FB page. I also have a message from the band, stating the CD will come out in December 2018 (available for purchase from their Bandcamp site). Then they got popular, signed with a record label, and the release date was pushed back to 2019. Contacted them in order to get my CD signed, however, the shop is operated by the record company, so it was a no-go. I was disappointed, plus the new release date was Sep. 13th (time of my worst financial hurdle), so I had to pass on the purchase. If they ever release a Box-Set with their pendant as one of the items, I will reconsider, but until then, I'm good. If you haven't heard their music yet, here is one of their videos. (Note: THE HU is filed under Metal, but I'm not sold on that classification. Nevertheless, good music is good music.)

Enough for one day.
    Come back tomorrow, I tell you which other artists CD I did NOT buy this year, and why?
    Last edited by Attila Kiss; 12-04-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    links to my books:
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"

Default Interlude to 2019 Top 10 purchases

And the other artist whose CD I did NOT buy this year is:

CARTHAGODSThe Monster In Me (Digital Download)
    Despite this album being their second release, the Tunesian Metal band was completely unknown to me, until their music video showed up on my FB wall. I was immediately blown away with both, the quality of their music and the video itself. Streamed the album, and I really liked it, so I started searching for the CD but without luck. Contacted the band, and their label as well. Both sent me a similar message: It's coming soon. Time passed, and there was no news from either. Then one day, while I was visiting the band's FB page, saw the physical CD on one of their pictures. Contacted them again but got no reply, whatsoever. Contacted their record company, and the message I got was very vague, plus I sensed some tension in it, but basically they told me to get in touch with the band. Which I did, for the third time. Finally, they replied saying they "have some issues with distribution of physical CDs right now...they will let me know as soon as they have a solution." That was in October. Since then I haven't heard from them again. Shame, for if I had "The Monster In Me", it would have been a strong contender for my Top 10.

Anyway, here is the Best and the Creepiest music video I saw this year.

Tomorrow,
    The first CD I bought in 2019.
    Release date: January 17th
    links to my books:
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"

You did buy quite a few CDs this past year, my friend!

Every time I went by a bin, bargain or otherwise (most were "otherwise" as high regular price) I thought of you.

I did wonder if you were able to listen to all that awesome music. Ya got some really good tunes!

BANNED

I got the complete sessions of No Need to Argue by The Cranberries for my mom’s birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I got the complete sessions of No Need to Argue by The Cranberries for my mom’s birthday.
    I like a few songs by the Cranberries (the only one that I have heard). Sadly, I heard the female lead singer Dolores Riordan died, earlier this year I believe. I was shocked because she was only in her 40's.

Just picked up Bat out of Hell II by Meatloaf. The greatest cd of all time.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Default January 17

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You did buy quite a few CDs this past year, my friend!
    True, but still less than I wanted to. There was lots of great music this year.
    Thanks for thinking of me.

MICHAEL HARRISOrchestrate II: Rage & Restraint CD

**Not doing an all-out review of my 2019 CD purchases, but you can get the perFUNctory assESSment on my weebly page before I rank the Top 10 list at the end of the year.**

Tomorrow,
    A CD that was released on: February 8th
    Last edited by Attila Kiss; 12-06-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    links to my books:
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"

I picked up two CDs today:

Scorpions - Face The Heat
    Disturbed - Evolution