Page 515 of 613 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525565 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 9194
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Been wondering that myself. Rucka I don’t expect to stick around after his Lois mini wraps up. He’s got a ton of creator owned work as well as other DC projects he might want to start on like that WW BL book Diana’s Daughter. Fraction has got Hollywood work and I don’t know how much of that eats up his time but I could see him sticking around and getting on another book if he wants one.
    Diana's Daughter was cancelled. Never got past the planning stage. That is no longer on Rucka's plate.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Been wondering that myself. Rucka I don’t expect to stick around after his Lois mini wraps up. He’s got a ton of creator owned work as well as other DC projects he might want to start on like that WW BL book Diana’s Daughter. Fraction has got Hollywood work and I don’t know how much of that eats up his time but I could see him sticking around and getting on another book if he wants one.
    I just keep coming back to the fact that both of them said yes to working on what they thought were ongoings, ya know? Granted that could mean they had a 20 issue run in mind rather than 12, but still. You've also got Kelly Sue DeConnick agreeing to work on Aquaman at the same time Rucka and Fraction agreed for their books, and from the looks of it--given how she's very clearly setting Jackson up as Aquaman 5G--she seems like she's gearing up to stay on in 5G. And she's doing creator owned stuff and very likely doing Hollywood stuff too.

I dunno, maybe I'm grasping at straws. I just hope they stick around.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Diana's Daughter was cancelled. Never got past the planning stage. That is no longer on Rucka's plate.
    Was it officially cancelled? Or is it just kinda in that Black Label limbo? Rucka does have quite a bit going on and takes his commitments to his creator owned work - and his co-creators there - pretty seriously. And well he should since Stumptown is doing well and The Old Guard is coming pretty soon.

I would love if he co-wrote Action with Bendis though. Bendis' stuff really could use someone else to flesh out his ideas more fully. That is what I love about the Lois Lane series, seeing Lois' POV in all this really makes Bendis' stuff read better.

I could definitely see Rucka and especially Fraction sticking around though. I don't think DC wants them to walk away. And with Bendis' role seeming to get bigger and bigger there I think they probably have a open invite to jump back in.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Was it officially cancelled? Or is it just kinda in that Black Label limbo? Rucka does have quite a bit going on and takes his commitments to his creator owned work - and his co-creators there - pretty seriously. And well he should since Stumptown is doing well and The Old Guard is coming pretty soon.
    Rucka confirmed as much in an interview. He said it never got off the ground and it wasn't happening, or something to that effect. But the point was, it's not limbo, it's DOA.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I could definitely see Rucka and especially Fraction sticking around though. I don't think DC wants them to walk away. And with Bendis' role seeming to get bigger and bigger there I think they probably have a open invite to jump back in.
    I really hope you're right and they stick around or return quickly. The Super-line needs people like them. So do a lot of other DC properties for that matter, but other than Nightwing and Cyborg, screw those other guys, it's time Superman got to keep the good talent for a change!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I really hope you're right and they stick around or return quickly. The Super-line needs people like them. So do a lot of other DC properties for that matter, but other than Nightwing and Cyborg, screw those other guys, it's time Superman got to keep the good talent for a change!
    Fraction on Nightwing sounds amazing actually. Especially if he could get Aja to come along.

From issue 3.

It's set on Ultra Boy's home planet Rimbor. The team's are splitting up into more manageable sizes. Seems like Jon, Saturn Girl, and Lightning Lad's crew will be on Planet Gotham.

That seems to be Ultra Boy's dad I'm guessing. Bendis said that he'd be having issues with his parents. And it seems like the people of Rimbor may have natural superhuman abilities to some degree judging by the way (what I'm assuming to be) Ultra Boy's dad flipped Colossal Boy and tossed Cosmic Boy.

It was also nice see Mon-El get some a moment.

Last edited by Superlad93; 12-05-2019 at 10:36 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

From Tynion's upcoming Batman issue #86

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Fraction on Nightwing sounds amazing actually. Especially if he could get Aja to come along.
    Yeah, much as I love him on Jimmy, Dick sorely needs a win.

Lol Damian's all tuckered out

Issue 3 of Legion

Lol Travis Moore is doing issue 3? He’s a good choice but I have to admit it’s funny that with all the lead time Sook is still already off.

From what I understand, a lot of that lead time was devoted to planning and logistics. But I wouldn't know for sure. It's great they got a talent like Moore though.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 12-06-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Lol Damian's all tuckered out
    >TT<

He's not tired, he's luring his enemies into a trap!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Keep Damian away from Bendis! Not once has a thing Bendis written about Damian been in character nor even sounded like him.