View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 986 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 48688693697698298398498598698798898999099610361086 ... LastLast
Results 14,776 to 14,790 of 16971

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Footage from The Eternals was recently shown at a convention and it confirms that Ikaris is in a relationship with Sersi, which thus confirms that Phastos is the gay character.
    Valkyrie. Phastos. Even Joey Gutierrez.

I just realised that makes all the MCU’s current LGBTQ+ characters POC. It could be argued that Victoria Hand was LGBTQ+ since she is canonically but since they never showed it, it doesn’t really count. Even then, only the B and G have been represented.

Extraordinary Member

Footage from The Eternals was recently shown at a convention and it confirms that Ikaris is in a relationship with Sersi, which thus confirms that Phastos is the gay character.
    Where is the confirmation?
    You do know there other characters in eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Valkyrie. Phastos. Even Joey Gutierrez.

I just realised that makes all the MCU’s current LGBTQ+ characters POC. It could be argued that Victoria Hand was LGBTQ+ since she is canonically but since they never showed it, it doesn’t really count. Even then, only the B and G have been represented.
    If you're counting the tv shows then there's a bunch more like Karolina/Nico from Runaways and Jeri from JJ(two of those being white lesbians lol).

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Where is the confirmation?
    You do know there other characters in eternals.
    There has been rumours, leaks and hinting from a film critic with insider information saying that Phastos is going to be the gay character and months ago in this thread I went over the evidence suggesting Phastos might be the gay character. The new information revealed about The Eternals movie corroborates one of the leaks claiming that Phastos is the gay character. I have no doubt that Phastos is indeed the gay character in this movie.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Black Cat #7

Excalibur #3 - Rictor makes his first appearance in the book and apparently is having problems with his powers.

Marauders #3 - this book just keeps getting gayer. Now Shinobi Shaw has been added to the cast, and it looks like there's some drama and hidden agendas brewing there.

As always, if I missed something please let me know.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Carol doesn’t have a strong rogues gallery but if she’s to do more in each of her movies that fight the Kree again and again, they needed to develop some characters for her. I don’t think Star’s future in the MU is gonna be anything other than villainous. Even the end of Captain Marvel hinted that she’s gonna be back with a vengeance given her new power boost and one of the covers hints at a battle between her and Scarlet Witch, a hero. It wouldn’t preclude her being trans (they can be villains too) but it wouldn’t be great representation if the only starring trans person was a supervillain.
    Actually, this is exactly what the solicit for Star #2 says:

As Star struggles to master her powers, she gets a visit from one of the world’s greatest — and most dangerous — reality warpers. But is the Scarlet Witch here to guide a fledgling, would-be hero…or put down a deadly villain?
    They're obviously casting doubt over her status as a villain in this series. And I stand by my opinion that I don't think they would be putting this much energy into this character if she was just a villain. When was the last time Marvel created a brand new villain and then immediately gave them their own series? Villains get a lot less opportunities to have solos, and the ones that do are usually a lot more established than Star currently is. Maybe she won't be a picture perfect hero, but I think it's entirely possible she's coming out of this series with some redeeming qualities that would put her on the more heroic side of things.

Plus, Star was just an example. I'm not saying she HAS to be the trans character; just that if Marvel were to push a trans character right now, they could do it with someone who's receiving this kind of spotlight.

I'm not convinced yet. I've been doing my research on several different websites that described the footage, and I've noticed something: the reason one particular website is claiming that there SEEMS to be a romance between Sersi and Ikaris is because of a particular moment in which they are holding hands. However, brazilian website Omelete also wrote a description of the scenes and, according to them, Sersi is seen holding hands with Sprite on what appears to be a ritual or something. It's possible this is all a part of the same scene, and people are misinterpreting the hand holding as romance because that's pretty much heteronormativity 101 when a man and a woman are close to each other. It's hard to tell without seeing the actual footage ourselves. I'm gonna wait for more info before jumping to any conclusions.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-08-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not convinced yet. I've been doing my research on several different websites that described the footage, and I've noticed something: the reason one particular website is claiming that there SEEMS to be a romance between Sersi and Ikaris is because of a particular moment in which they are holding hands. However, brazilian website Omelete also wrote a description of the scenes and, according to them, Sersi is seen holding hands with Sprite on what appears to be a ritual or something. It's possible this is all a part of the same scene, and people are misinterpreting the hand holding as romance because that's pretty much heteronormativity 101 when a man and a woman are close to each other. It's hard to tell without seeing the actual footage ourselves. I'm gonna wait for more info before jumping to any conclusions.
    At this point there's been way too much evidence suggesting Phastos is the gay character. Like I've talked about before with that gay film critic talking about Brian Tyree Henry when The Eternals cast was revealed, his tweets makes 100% sense in hindsight; he knew he was playing the gay character. And the new info about the movie corroborates the leak claiming Phastos is the gay character.

And I've specifically read that the footage shows Ikaris and Sersi holding hands alone together in a field. Let's be real; Marvel is only including a gay character in this film to finally get us off their back when it comes to gay representation, do we really think that the very first footage they're going to show of their first gay superhero (who they've said is going to be married to a man) is going to be him holding hands with a woman in a romantic setting?

I think it's time to face the music and accept that the less significant character is going to be the gay one. There is a more recent rumour claiming that Ikaris is going to be bisexual but I haven't seen any credible sources backing this up, it's just hearsay on Reddit.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

At this point there's been way too much evidence suggesting Phastos is the gay character. Like I've talked about before with that gay film critic talking about Brian Tyree Henry when The Eternals cast was revealed, his tweets makes 100% sense in hindsight; he knew he was playing the gay character. And the new info about the movie corroborates the leak claiming Phastos is the gay character.

And I've specifically read that the footage shows Ikaris and Sersi holding hands alone together in a field. Let's be real; Marvel is only including a gay character in this film to finally get us off their back when it comes to gay representation, do we really think that the very first footage they're going to show of their first gay superhero (who they've said is going to be married to a man) is going to be him holding hands with a woman in a romantic setting?

I think it's time to face the music and accept that the less significant character is going to be the gay one. There is a more recent rumour claiming that Ikaris is going to be bisexual but I haven't seen any credible sources backing this up, it's just hearsay on Reddit.
    While I think it's entirely possible that Phastos will be the gay character, I'm still not taking the description of raw, unedited footage that was seen by few people just once as a solid confirmation of anything. Hand holding doesn't have to be necessarily romantic, specially if one of those characters is shown holding someone else's hand in the same trailer in a platonic way. For all we know, holding hands could be how the Eternals conjure up the Uni-Mind in the MCU.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-08-2019 at 11:47 AM.

I’m not sure too much stock can be placed in Sersi and Ikaris holding hands. Hand holding isn’t particularly romantic, nor is a field and she’s also stated as holding Sprite’s hand (yet there’s no romantic aspersions cast there and Sprite is supposedly an adult trapped in child form). Is it Phastos? Likely. Does hand holding confirm it isn’t Ikaris? That’s a long shot. If it’d been a kiss then yes, but it wasn’t.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    As always, if I missed something please let me know.
    In X-Men #3, there was some dialogue which some people are interpreting as Sebastian Shaw being bisexual. The context is weird, so that may not be what was intended.

I read that as Sebastian being a douche to everyone and anyone. He'll throw anyone under the bus of his own ambition. It's anti-chivalry (as in women are fair game for the same destruction he'd wreak on a man who crossed him) rather a declaration of sexual preference.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Yeah, that's how I took it as well. But I do think the wording is suggestive, so I can see why some are interpreting it differently.

Yeah I didn't think 'devour' was a popular synonym for sex :/
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah I didn't think 'devour' was a popular synonym for sex :/
    Perhaps not a popular one, but not an unheard of one with references to oral sex....

BANNED

synonyms for devour: eat, ravage, gobble, gorge, gulp, guzzle

I see you, Sebastian