Page 920 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4208208709109169179189199209219229239249309701020 ... LastLast
Results 13,786 to 13,800 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Actually I think we are seeing the benefit of them holding onto talent. The big criticism we are seeing of AEW among it's fanbase is "We don't know who these people are that you keep throwing into matches every week!" (Since most people don't watch all the extra online stuff) If they had more familiar names to help introduce people that would have been helpful, but as it is, they are introducing 90% new people to a bunch of casual wrestling fans they are hoping to retain.
    For what it's worth I do think to a degree AEW is being carried by ex-WWE talent. We're certainly seeing a lot of fun matches from non-WWE guys. But I think the best content we're seeing overall is from Cody, with Jericho coming in second. I think as far as storylines go, the WWE guys seem to be doing the best job of telling stories and getting viewers emotionally invested. I think their time in the WWE, where you are forced to try getting over doing little as possible, actually shows.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    the ascension has been redundant since getting called up from nxt.
    HOnestly I never saw the appeal of them in the first place. THey're a big monster team which frankly aren't THAT big. And their gimmick and look are a bit to 90's. They're out of a video game or something. I know they were a big deal in NXT but I never entirely understood why.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    HOnestly I never saw the appeal of them in the first place. THey're a big monster team which frankly aren't THAT big. And their gimmick and look are a bit to 90's. They're out of a video game or something. I know they were a big deal in NXT but I never entirely understood why.
    They were the Dark Order before the Dark Order. They had the benefit of a really hot vignette in NXT, and they were pushed and presented well.

I could see them in the NWA in faux road warriors gimmick.

Astonishing Member

For what it's worth I do think to a degree AEW is being carried by ex-WWE talent. We're certainly seeing a lot of fun matches from non-WWE guys. But I think the best content we're seeing overall is from Cody, with Jericho coming in second. I think as far as storylines go, the WWE guys seem to be doing the best job of telling stories and getting viewers emotionally invested. I think their time in the WWE, where you are forced to try getting over doing little as possible, actually shows.
    AEW hasn't done the best in acquiring just good hands.

Jimmy Havoc,Avalon,Stunt,Cutler,Janela,and Marshall are just a waste of money.

They could really use an Eli Drake or a James Storm to cut a promo that can carry feud.They could use a couple of hot heads like Aries and Low Ki. Some blue chippers like Davey Boy Smith,Jeff Cobb,and Marty Martinez.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It really shouldn't. They have a ton of cruisers that have no place to with 205 being gone.
    205Live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it would simply be a matter of WWE finally deciding to release a couple people that wanted to be released.

I wonder if this is an indicator that WWE is maybe slightly less worried about AEW now than they might have been a few months ago. Not that they ever had a whole lot of reason to be legitimately worried in the first place.
    I saw Cultaholic posit that they're letting these guys go so they'll have more money to entice people they actually care about to stay.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-09-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    Boo, they need to recognize all of the 20something nWo members at some point. (Including nWo Japan!)

They were the Dark Order before the Dark Order. They had the benefit of a really hot vignette in NXT, and they were pushed and presented well.

Honestly I think the only cool thing about the Dark Order is the vignettes. If they had only debuted them AFTER those vignettes, I think Dark Order could be pretty cool.

Maybe the Asesnion is in the same boat. I never saw their NXT vignettes. Just saw them at the tail end of their NXT run before going to the main roster. They didn't wow me personally.

Jericho is on a creative roll right now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

They could really use an Eli Drake or a James Storm to cut a promo that can carry feud.They could use a couple of hot heads like Aries and Low Ki. Some blue chippers like Davey Boy Smith,Jeff Cobb,and Marty Martinez.
    I do think the roster is somewhat more shallow than I would expect given the resources AEW seems to have. How that Stunt guy can get on national TV as often as he does when there's a much available talent out there is kina surprising.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Marshall works as a producer for AEW. He isn't there to be a wrestler.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

yep. don't judge them for what the main roster did to them. remember when ricc was cool or allester wasn't always in a dark room?

Extraordinary Member

Batista wants Fit Finlay to be the one to induct him

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

NWO having four inductees is criminal. Induct all 20+ guys. I want Konnan, NWO Sting, Steiner, Virgil, Bischoff to get rings. Throw in NWO Japan while your at it.