Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Okay, i have to ask, do they show smallville clark as incompetent or something really bad? I just want to know if i should quit while i am ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Don't assume for me, mate. I haven't watched the episode. Smallville is what introduced me to superman. I don't have a problem with superman ending his career. But, then the story ends.You don't follow normal clark kent's life unless he becomes superman or has superadventures.i can see that clark living out his life as a farmer to honor his pa after making a name for himself in the big city. But, if they really do him dirty then i will be so done with cw.
    Sorry, didn’t mean anything by it. But you did kinda lay out your opinion on the whole family man Clark, and low focus on the ‘super.’ So it didn’t seem like I was jumping to conclusions. Either way, maybe you should watch the episode before conversing further. Anyway no, he didn’t do anything stupid. He even has a pretty badass moment. Some of the best live action Superman content we’ve had in a loooong time.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-09-2019 at 09:01 PM.

BANNED

Okay, i have to ask, do they show smallville clark as incompetent or something really bad? I just want to know if i should quit while i am ahead.
    Nah 10char

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Sorry, didn’t mean anything by it. But you did kinda lay out your opinion on the whole family man Clark, and low focus on the ‘super.’ So it didn’t seem like I was jumping to conclusions. Either way, maybe you should watch the episode before conversing further.
    You do know i hang out in the jon kent thread. But, i have strict expectations from superman. I like every superman to have some siegel and shuster superman in him. That's it. If i don't get that then i am out.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

To be honest it is not a good look, but he might come back in the final hour.

I kinda doubt that the CW is going to do anything more than just fan service with this whole joint though- so I doubt it.

It's worth watching if only to see Tom Welling really looking the part and selling it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    To be honest it is not a good look, but he might come back in the final hour.

I kinda doubt that the CW is going to do anything more than just fan service with this whole joint though- so I doubt it.

It's worth watching if only to see Tom Welling really looking the part and selling it.
    To be clear, it isn't a good look if you have big problems with Smalville Clark ending his career as Superman.

In itself, Smallville Clark was pretty cool in his short appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    EDIT: just rewatched the scene again. He doesn't mention how. Maybe he has the Red Sun device at his Fortress like Reeve's did and just decided to use it. Which also means he can undo it at some point.

As long as his Earth isn't destroyed,I'm going with the head Canon that he is just taking some time away until his girls get old enough to come into their powers and join the family business,and he eventually gets his powers back and Superman flies again with his Supergirls at his side.
    Something like Busiek’s Secret Identity with Clark teaming up with his daughters would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    To be clear, it isn't a good look if you have big problems with Smalville Clark ending his career as Superman.

In itself, Smallville Clark was pretty cool in his short appearance.
    Okay, i can get behind that. I can't watch it until i get home, so thanks guys. To be honest, jor el was thrusting and pressuring clark with destiny nonsense from day one And jor el was a jerk. But, clark had other ideas. I can definitely, see this clark choosing to be a farmer.deciding factor will be how he does it. Does he just leave his world high and dry? Or did he decide because he had achieved the things he set out to?
    If its the former then it's bad. If it's the later, i don't mind.But,the story shouldn't focus on him until he decides to get back in the game.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-09-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You know, when I look at how they treated Kevin Conroy's debut as Bruce Wayne in live action, Superman made out pretty well in these two episodes... But man oh man, I'm reminded every couple minutes why I really cannot stomach the CW shows outside of Black Lightning.

What I will say, however, is that Routh's doing pretty well as Superman and I'm convinced he should reprise the role again in some fashion.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You know, when I look at how they treated Kevin Conroy's debut as Bruce Wayne in live action, Superman made out pretty well in these two episodes... But man oh man, I'm reminded every couple minutes why I really cannot stomach the CW shows outside of Black Lightning.

What I will say, however, is that Routh's doing pretty well as Superman and I'm convinced he should reprise the role again in some fashion.
    Routh really came out on top with this one. He got the best suit, the best lines, and the best version of Superman. It would be a shame to just kill him off at this point. I think we all knew that the only way they were going to get Welling back was to find some way to keep him out of the suit. His dialogue with Lex was good though. I have so many questions here. Namely, why was Smallville's designation number 162? I thought it had something to do with the number of episodes but I went back and checked and they had over 200. It just seems like an arbitrary number. He may get his powers back to save his universe and his family. If the entire multiverse is in danger, that would include his universe too. I don't see him sitting it out. Don't count on him in the suit, though.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

I really liked Routh's KC Supes, but for me Welling was the star of this one; his role was very in keeping both with his Smallville Clark, and with Superman, at least for me. Both Routh and Welling, (and Tyler H), have that...whatever it is that Superman MUST have. I wouldn't mind seeing KC Supes again from time to time in the CW.

spoilers:
    I love how they leave him alone for five minutes and Lex immediately goes on a Multiversal Superman killing spree .

Not to mention Welling's Clark was the only Clark Kent he could believe was also Superman .

I do find it kind of weird that they seem to be going out of their way to not have Cryer and Hoechlin interact. Are they saving that for Hoechlin's show?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

There’s confusion over the earth numbering. Some are years. Some are issue numbers.

The YouTube folks are caught up in “Superman 75” and the Doomsday scene being a slam on the 1975 musical. There’s no reference to the musical. It’s a reference to SUPERMAN #75 in 1992 which they copy the Superman death scene from.

Smallville being Earth-167 is probably a reference to Superman #167, the first Brainiac-Luthor team-up, as this is the first live action earth with a team-up between Luthor and Brainiac. It might be an Adventure Comics #167 reference as to Superboy pretending to give Lana powers or even Superman v2 167 as a reference to Jeph Loeb’s Return to Krypton since that was Loeb’s intended comic origin for Superman and Loeb was involved in Smallville. I’d lean towards the Brainiac-Luthor team-up issue number though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I love how they leave him alone for five minutes and Lex immediately goes on a Multiversal Superman killing spree .

Not to mention Welling's Clark was the only Clark Kent he could believe was also Superman .

I do find it kind of weird that they seem to be going out of their way to not have Cryer and Hoechlin interact. Are they saving that for Hoechlin's show?
    end of spoilers
    I think so, and honestly given how crowded the cast is, leaving a deeper dive into the dynamic between those two for the show is probably for the best.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

For what it's worth, I don't necessarily consider this to be THE Smallville universe so much as A Smallville universe. Keep in mind, the last episode takes place in 2018. So unless this is a few years into the future, he would have had to have given up his powers within the last year. We have no idea how old his daughters are either so they could be infants or they could be toddlers. The assumption being that he gave up his powers so that he and Lois could have kids (not having an Argo to go to to make sure they don't have powers in the womb).
    Assassinate Putin!