Page 220 of 234 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That was brief and she definitely didn't become adept at anything from that. It wouldn't be until later when they did the Agatha stuff and then the Chthonic stuff that you really got to understand Wanda as a magical character for sure. I think they had intended on doing more, but the Arkon stuff happened. Then revisited it later. But definitely in the movies/tv, it shouldn't be vague or sudden. I don't think that does her any service. She needs her full origin. And Agatha is still important to her to this day, despite a lot happening between them. I think that's too powerful to ignore.
    I'm wondering if they're just going to have Strange take Agatha's role instead, at least in part? I'm sure all of you have had this thought too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It was already hinted that see had magical powers before she knew Agatha or Chthon, when she was looking through old books and spells to restore her powers
    I think it had more to do with Wanda desperately seeking a "cure", just like Stephen seeking out Karma-Taj to cure his hands doesn't make Stephen already magical/mystical before his visit to Karma-Taj.

That was brief and she definitely didn't become adept at anything from that. It wouldn't be until later when they did the Agatha stuff and then the Chthonic stuff that you really got to understand Wanda as a magical character for sure. I think they had intended on doing more, but the Arkon stuff happened. Then revisited it later. But definitely in the movies/tv, it shouldn't be vague or sudden. I don't think that does her any service. She needs her full origin. And Agatha is still important to her to this day, despite a lot happening between them. I think that's too powerful to ignore.
    I agree. If Nightmare is the Big Bad of this, they could at least have him explain why he was interested in Wanda, which could lead onto the Chthon stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think it had more to do with Wanda desperately seeking a "cure", just like Stephen seeking out Karma-Taj to cure his hands doesn't make Stephen already magical/mystical before his visit to Karma-Taj.
    True, but Strange only went to Karma-Taj after hearing about the ancient one. Wanda's powers fade and next time we see her, she's already digging through magic books, hinting at some knowledge of magic

Wanda seemed comfortable looking through those old mystical tombs. Wanda also knew where in Europe, in which castle they would be located and on which level and in which room!

Also, we never saw Miss Harkness "teach" Wanda magic per see; she did teach Wanda to control her hex, letting it flow out to do Wanda's bidding (putting a conscious desire with it), rather than letting it burst forth, as Wanda had done from the beginning and doing whatever just occurred. But in the end, it drained Wanda even more (initially).

We did hear Wanda say that Miss Harkness taught her to have a natural affinity for things witches like: earth, air, fire and water. This also applied to fibers that Wanda once used to wrap up Moondragon. Not sure how natural elements, that have nothing to do with her Hex Power, influencing it and amplifying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wanda seemed comfortable looking through those old mystical tombs. Wanda also knew where in Europe, in which castle they would be located and on which level and in which room!

Also, we never saw Miss Harkness "teach" Wanda magic per see; she did teach Wanda to control her hex, letting it flow out to do Wanda's bidding (putting a conscious desire with it), rather than letting it burst forth, as Wanda had done from the beginning and doing whatever just occurred. But in the end, it drained Wanda even more (initially).

We did hear Wanda say that Miss Harkness taught her to have a natural affinity for things witches like: earth, air, fire and water. This also applied to fibers that Wanda once used to wrap up Moondragon. Not sure how natural elements, that have nothing to do with her Hex Power, influencing it and amplifying it.
    Agatha's teachings were briefly shown, but Wanda was definitely there as her magical pupil. It's there on the pages. She's there to of course teach Wanda how to control her powers, but she does so using magic. So she learns magic to control what was then her natural abilities, that we'd learn later came from Chthon. When Wanda uses magic to bring back Eric Masterson from shards of glass, she references what she learned from Agatha. What she taught her DID influence her natural abilities, because Wanda has to fight to keep in control of holding the fragment of the power of an elder god. You have to keep in mind that much about Wanda plays out in the Avengers books. And that is a team book. So there's not a lot of time to spend on Wanda alone. But anyone who has read Vision and the Scarlet Witch even by itself would know the impact that Agatha had on teaching Wanda. She uses what she learned from Agatha in that book and takes on an apprentice.

Also, the whole Eastern Europe being magical thing, with vampires, witches and werewolves is an old trope. Stemming from Vlad the Impaler. So in fiction, any magical characters come from there, and already know what to do about magic and dealing with the supernatural. I think it was just an old B-movie reference to try and make it easy for her to get her powers back.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 12-10-2019 at 12:05 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    I'm wondering if they're just going to have Strange take Agatha's role instead, at least in part? I'm sure all of you have had this thought too.
    Yeah but that's not obviously preferable. It likely just will be to save time, development and casting. But it doesn't do Wanda a lot of good. Because she already doesn't have much of her support cast.

Who's gonna tell them

Nothing new for CBR. They've been claiming this all along. Sometimes I wonder if anyone that writes the articles on the main page read comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Who's gonna tell them
    How to make a CBR video.
    1.Snatch a comic movie pic with whatever character on it.
    2.Slam an arrow and CBR logo on it.
    3.Write an article that follows the general idea of current "fans" who don't nessecarily make sense,

They basically do the Youtube click bait thing, because they need those clicks badly.

Also, the whole Eastern Europe being magical thing, with vampires, witches and werewolves is an old trope. Stemming from Vlad the Impaler. So in fiction, any magical characters come from there, and already know what to do about magic and dealing with the supernatural. I think it was just an old B-movie reference to try and make it easy for her to get her powers back.
    Reminds me of a doctor in an old Batman story tells Bruce Wayne that his fiancee should go to "Hungry - The Land of History and Werewolves"

https://www.cbr.com/totally-tubular-...alendar-day-6/

Not sure if this was already brought up

Extraordinary Member

Hints about WandaVision location shooting.

Update: It seems to have been taken down. From what I recall it said there was a casting call out for people to be in a Halloween trick-or-treating scene and showed a location similar to the house from the second Vision & the Scarlet Witch series.
    Last edited by gurkle; 12-11-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Fantastic Member

I really want WandaVision to be the title characters own story, having it be a prop for Doctor Strange perpetuated the notion that Wanda exists to serve other characters arcs (Which is the attitude we see in so, so many YT videos).

Like everyone here says, the insertion of characters from other characters supporting rosters is a bit irritating; Thor, Captain Marvel, Antman. For me, Wanda's primary interactions should be Vision, Agatha, Chthon, and the kids.

Another problem is that Nightmare being in WandaVision will lead to WV and DSitMoM suffering from tiresome repetition as the same dream gimmick is recycled again and again. It will get old fast.
    Marvel saying how they are going to have more female heroes then turning Agatha into a villain and Wanda into a "crazy menace", is not a good look at all.

Bettany said the second half of the series is classic MCU action and adventure (Which is what the silhouette in the concept art foreshadows). First half is them as a couple, second half is them as Avengers. Bettany also hinted that it starts in media res. It would be weird to have Wanda and Vision fight this great threat, only to achieve nothing, especially if this is Vision's swansong. Vision being totally fake would be very insulting and make it all pointless. I really do think that Vision needs to, and desrerves to get to be a hero in this story, and his role should be as a positive figure in Wanda's life.

It seems odd to introduce Blade into the MCU and ignore Wanda's mystical lore which neatly connects with vampires and thus gives the very disconnected Blade a connection to the Avengers.
    Also, Chthon rampaging into a sitcom world is such a fantastic, brilliant juxtaposition, at once scary and comedic, and my goodness so apt as the sitcoms were likely watched by Wanda as a child. The clash of those two things is so perfect thematically for Wanda's character than having the much less fitting, much more random Nightmare (who has zero history with Wanda) show up would be a huge letdown.

The fact DSitMoM hasn't even been written yet would surely count against Nightmare being the villain. What if Derickson changes things in ways that end up totally contradicting WandaVision?

Sparky dog showing up would be a given IMHO, he's just too adorable, he's another Baby Yoda waiting to happen.
    Last edited by Relugus; 12-12-2019 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Adding to my rambling.