Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

There is no Earths left to merge. The Towers was used to merge them in the comics now only Earth-1 remains.

BANNED

They can use the book to fold in stuff.

What Earth is getting destroyed in the new trailer?

Retired

I would guess that the characters that exist at the end remake the Earth according to the memories they have. So it's mostly Earth-1 with touches of Earth-38, Earth-BL, Earth-2 and any other Earths that still have survivors. Or Jennifer Pierce remakes the world in her own image. Next year they can do Zero Hour.

FINALLY! Yeesh. I'm not one to call Superman Returns Superman a "Deadbeat Dad" per se, but I've been raw about him not taking responsibility for Jason since...::checks::...2006. Wow. 13 years. And he has! I feel better now.

So that woman's vision all the way back in an early episode of Smallville about Lex Luthor becoming president finally came true. It's unfortunate we didn't see Michael Rosenbaum, but between Phil Lamarr and Carl Lumbly on Supergirl and Kevin Conroy now, if you added Michael Rosenbaum to the mix, I would demand all four of them share a scene together.

Wow, Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne...even if he was crazed, it was still amazing. I figured "Bat of the Future" was vague enough that it would end up being Kate, but since it was Earth-99 I thought for a second either Terry McGinnis was going to show up or Luke was going to turn out to be Batman Beyond.

I wasn't expecting the use of Constantine and Lazarus Pits to bring back Oliver, but this is an all bets are off crossover, and it makes sense they'd think to do that. And that leads to Kara thinking about how to bring back those that were lost on Earth 38.

So they're using a random Mick with a Snart-voiced Waverider? I get the other Legends passed on the crossover, but why was the Monitor even checking them out in last season's finale?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that book sequence was about the only time he outdid her. They did about equal against Amazo but Clark couldn't even beat Deegan Supes.
    Okay new theory. Superman just got back from Argo, where he was powerless. He was still recharging his batteries, which is why Supergirl was able to hold out her heat vision longer (and explains why he isn't as buff as either Welling or Routh).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Eh, the Batwoman series and Titans series really are not compatible, truth be told. Titans, Bruce is active and with the Justice League, with Dick moving on from Robin and Jason... Well, no spoilers (though the actor for Jason is a scene stealer).
    Also the huge problem that is Slade Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    -So about Welling spoilers:
    I thought he was good in this, not sure why he had to give up his powers to have kids when the other two Supermen are Dads
    end of spoilers
    Earth-38 Lois was already pregnant with Jonathan, so she had to go to Argo to have a normal strength baby. Maybe Earth-103 Clark had to give up his powers in order to impregnate Lois with a normal strength baby.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I liked the twist of Bruce being evil. It's a parallel world, so go for it. Maybe this was the inverted Injustice universe.
    I could almost see him as the DCAU version of Batman gone one step too far (similar to his Justice Lords version). He always believed he was one murder away from justifying many murders. Between him and Routh's Superman, there was influence from Injustice, Kingdom Come, and Dark Knight Returns.

I love how the minute they leave Lex Luthor alone for five minutes he goes on a multiverse murder spree of Supermen with the Book of Destiny. And that he was convinced Welling's Clark was the only Clark that was also Superman .
    That was funny. Lex really does have a blindspot when it comes to seeing Superman as Clark Kent!

I'm disappointed we didn't get to see Lois and Iris trade reporting experiences. Would've better justified having Iris around.
    I was very much waiting for that, what with Iris actually standing inside the Daily Planet building.

So if Ray and Kingdom Come Superman look the same...does that mean Ray is Earth-1 Clark or that in that Earth Ray Palmer was Superman...?
    I don't think it means that any more than it means that Earth-38's Alura is also Lois Lane on Earth-103.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Can't say I'm a fan of tearing down Bruce to build Kate up. I ignored those accusations against Supergirl doing that to Superman, but this felt kinda blatant.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Sad that Conroy and Welling cameo'd only for such a short screentime, but nevertheless it was good to see them.
    Also Lex, you petty bastard.
    As for the Anti-Monitor, I too hope he'll scale up a little.

Was that Cowboy supposed to be Jonah Hex?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Sad that Conroy and Welling cameo'd only for such a short screentime, but nevertheless it was good to see them.
    Also Lex, you petty bastard.
    As for the Anti-Monitor, I too hope he'll scale up a little.

Was that Cowboy supposed to be Jonah Hex?
    Yes, That was Hex played by the same Actor as plays him roughly once a year on Legends
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The general population of earth 1 should be aware of the multiverse. Someone has to explain how can additional 3 billion people suddenly showing up. I would like some kind of follow up to this once the crisis is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Can't say I'm a fan of tearing down Bruce to build Kate up. I ignored those accusations against Supergirl doing that to Superman, but this felt kinda blatant.
    Does it help that it's an alternate universe evil Batman? I didn't think this was "tearing down Bruce." It was a glimpse of her possible future and a warning about going down the wrong path. This was conventional good/evil storytelling - if you go evil and start murdering people, you meet a bad end. Conroy Bruce was ultimately taken down by the morality of these stories, not just to "build up Kate."

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Earth-75 what universe from film or TV was it suppose to represent?
    Most likely a reference to SUPERMAN #75, the issue where he died.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Oooh good catch. Totally didn't occur to me.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Does it help that it's an alternate universe evil Batman? I didn't think this was "tearing down Bruce." It was a glimpse of her possible future and a warning about going down the wrong path. This was conventional good/evil storytelling - if you go evil and start murdering people, you meet a bad end. Conroy Bruce was ultimately taken down by the morality of these stories, not just to "build up Kate."
    Indeed. god forbid we have a story where a male hero goes bad that has female characters in it, you know, talking and doing stuff cuz that just means you are tearing the big strong man down for the sake of the female character...like bro, chill. I think it was great for one thing hearing seeing Conroy but hearing the animated Bruce. Conroy and Cullen are just the voices I need for Bats and Prime for as long as humanly possible.

Mick as the baby whisperer was hilarious.
    Loved KC/Donnerverse Superman. Can't wait to see more with him.
    Smallville Clark just being totally not threatened by Lex and defeating him by taking the 'fun' out of things, loved that.
    Black Lightning pulled into the Arrowverse, finally. Can't wait.

Really curious to see the resolution and what they do with the earth or couple earths that are left or whatever they do.
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 12-10-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Retired

I don't know much about the Injustice video games, but I do know Kevin Conroy is a voice in those and aren't they about the super-heroes going dark? We've had plenty of stories with Batman going down a dark, destructive path--so I see this as showing that version of the character. And it gave Conroy something more to do as an actor--which is probably what attracted him to the part. I think he had plenty of screen time--more than I expected.

Tom Welling didn't get as much screen time, but what he got was worth it--it's very satisfying to see him on the farm, living a good life. Even if that whole world is about to go bye-bye.

Have the spaceships from Earth-38 landed on Earth-1 or are they still in orbit around the planet? And what about Mars? Did J'Onn save any of his own people--and are there Martians in the Earth-1 universe? So many questions.

Ray has an identical twin brother. So mom being proud might be a wink to that. I don't think we've ever seen Ray with his twin, but this comes close. He also has an affinity for aliens--could he be from another planet?

Melissa Benoist brings out the best in Ruby Rose. There's something too overwrought and angsty about Kate Kane in regular episodes of BATWOMAN--maybe because she's always put in antagonistic situations with the rest of the cast. Here she got to play a softer, more friendly Kate Kane, opposite Kara--which makes me hopeful that Kate can improve on her show. I'd like to hope she'll stop writing that long letter to Bruce--as the voiceover on BATWOMAN is one of those things that makes me cringe.

The CGI on the Supermen fight could've been better. Looked kind of like a playstation game. I did love how Routh's Superman had red Heat Vision though.

Was that Rachel Skarsten as adult Beth? It didn't really look like her.
    That's always the case when they show characters flying and fighting. It actually reminds me of the Matrix sequels when Neo would be fighting multiple Smiths.

And yes, that was Rachel as adult Beth. It's the brunette hair- for a second, I thought it was Melissa Benoist in the picture. It took a few beats to register that it was Beth.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    It wasn't so much tearing Bruce down as it was a cautionary tale for Kate. But I have to admit- now I want to see Conroy as Earth-1's Batman, and have him show up occasionally to impart wisdom on Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Good call!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't know much about the Injustice video games, but I do know Kevin Conroy is a voice in those and aren't they about the super-heroes going dark? We've had plenty of stories with Batman going down a dark, destructive path--so I see this as showing that version of the character. And it gave Conroy something more to do as an actor--which is probably what attracted him to the part. I think he had plenty of screen time--more than I expected.

Tom Welling didn't get as much screen time, but what he got was worth it--it's very satisfying to see him on the farm, living a good life. Even if that whole world is about to go bye-bye.

Have the spaceships from Earth-38 landed on Earth-1 or are they still in orbit around the planet? And what about Mars? Did J'Onn save any of his own people--and are there Martians in the Earth-1 universe? So many questions.

Ray has an identical twin brother. So mom being proud might be a wink to that. I don't think we've ever seen Ray with his twin, but this comes close. He also has an affinity for aliens--could he be from another planet?

Melissa Benoist brings out the best in Ruby Rose. There's something too overwrought and angsty about Kate Kane in regular episodes of BATWOMAN--maybe because she's always put in antagonistic situations with the rest of the cast. Here she got to play a softer, more friendly Kate Kane, opposite Kara--which makes me hopeful that Kate can improve on her show. I'd like to hope she'll stop writing that long letter to Bruce--as the voiceover on BATWOMAN is one of those things that makes me cringe.
    Injustice is about Superman becoming general zod after the Joker tricked him into killing Lois. He murders Joker in cold blood and slowly becomes a tyrant. The people on his side are there out of loyalty and fear. Batman is a paragon in Injustice. He can do no wrong.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Injustice is about Superman becoming general zod after the Joker tricked him into killing Lois. He murders Joker in cold blood and slowly becomes a tyrant. The people on his side are there out of loyalty and fear. Batman is a paragon in Injustice. He can do no wrong.
    Okay, so this was like the reverse.

I'd have to go back and watch SUPERMAN RETURNS, but they might have been paying homage to that movie with some of the effects, like with the heat vision. I don't remember how good or bad the flying was in that movie, but for a CW budget and in daytime, I thought the flying was okay. And about on the level of a lot of Marvel movies--maybe they've got better now, but some movies in the past looked ridiculous with the CGI flying characters and also with Spider-Man.

I thought Tyler Hoechlin's Clark was a good sport, since his Lois seems to be in greater awe of Tom Welling and Brandon Routh. I guess all that time in Argo City has stunted his growth.