Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Translation attempt using Google Translate:

Dick: "Damian! Noooooooooo!!"

Tim: "Drop the gun. Take a knife."
    Aah Thanks so much @Digifiend

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ninja Man-Bats. Got it.

What is his definitive first enemy or nemesis? We now have Heretic but are there anyone before him? Can Pyg count? Pyg is the one that stood out for me especially after he went off on his own and end up failing to save Sasha. It sounds similar to when Dick ignored Batman's warning, who was taken hostage at the time, to not play Two-Face's game and ended up causong the death of the mayor in Year One

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Ninja Man-Bats. Got it.

What is his definitive first enemy or nemesis? We now have Heretic but are there anyone before him? Can Pyg count? Pyg is the one that stood out for me especially after he went off on his own and end up failing to save Sasha. It sounds similar to when Dick ignored Batman's warning, who was taken hostage at the time, to not play Two-Face's game and ended up causong the death of the mayor in Year One
    Yeah Pyg would count since he kinda became hung up on the dynamic duo with his Deathwing and Robinatron. I could have done without the lap dance though. That was disturbing.

Yeah Sasha was Damian's 1st failure that hit home and hit hard though I don't think she was aiming fore the same thing as Damian ie. she was looking for vengeance which is something B&R don't do which was why she ends up getting recruited by Jason.

Jason was also one of the duo's 1st enemies.

Pyg and Flamingo are the foes that keep coming back to me.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-02-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Yes Pyg made quite the impression. I liked the whole circus group of baddies that the duo fought. Seeley took it up a notch and then King I don't understand why out of all the baddies for Bruce to mistake Damian for it's pyg. Of the the villains over the year for Bruce to have bad dreams about it's Pyg. I wasn't a fan of King using the character.

I'm not really a shipper, but those that are; can someone explain the obsession of Damian with Marinette of Ladybug and Cat Noir?

And, yes. I've actually watched it (its not bad, very villain of the week show).

Damian and Marinette? That's definitely a new one....and random. The only time I see Damian shipped with a non DC character, it's always Hit Girl or Kid Loki. But those at last make some amount of sense. Not sure why he and Ladybug would be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Damian and Marinette? That's definitely a new one....and random. The only time I see Damian shipped with a non DC character, it's always Hit Girl or Kid Loki. But those at last make some amount of sense. Not sure why he and Ladybug would be popular.
    It's not actually that new. On the old old old thread @fegus mentioned that his daughter and her pals were really into the ship. I think it might have to do with kids working with what they have.

This was before Rebirth and Djinn so Damian didn't really anything that could even be stretched into a ship so the kids went outside fandom.

I mean they are both superheroes of similar age at least now.

I wasn't aware Hit girl or loki was a ship for Damian. I've seen fan art of them pallying around but never any fiction ofor anything to suggest romance. The ladybird girl on the other hand seems to even have a ship name.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-02-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'm not really a shipper, but those that are; can someone explain the obsession of Damian with Marinette of Ladybug and Cat Noir?

And, yes. I've actually watched it (its not bad, very villain of the week show).
    Shippers will go to some lengths. I guess they are young heroes is enough. There's not much options in the kid hero dept like Dietrich said. It's been around for sometime and usually starts with Marinette taking a trip and meeting this surly rude rich kid. Or Tim plays match maker

Anyone reading Adams Batman vs Ra's?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yes Pyg made quite the impression. I liked the whole circus group of baddies that the duo fought. Seeley took it up a notch and then King I don't understand why out of all the baddies for Bruce to mistake Damian for it's pyg. Of the the villains over the year for Bruce to have bad dreams about it's Pyg. I wasn't a fan of King using the character.
    Probably because it's one of his fears. That Damian will kill again. Amplified over 9000.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Dude how did you not see that coming? Raphael is basically Damian and Jason molded into one. Those two were bound to butt heads and then become buddies XD
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I know but you get so used to seeing Raph being the counter part to Jason that you start to expect the animators to only see the most basic shallow resemblances. I mean if comic readers make this mistake what hope do the animators have.

Tynion I wasn't surprised since he knows Robins but the animators was a very pleasant surprise.

I need more and more. I hope we get a followup. It was very very well received
    Tynion claps back at lazy fans and their rubbish Turtles=Robins

I really liked Damian and Raph and I also really liked Damian and mickey