Page 1000 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 50090095099099699799899910001001100210031004101010501100 ... LastLast
Results 14,986 to 15,000 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Keep checking as IST might not have got a full shipment of them in. There is a decent chance it goes back in stock next week with their next delivery.

I remember that happening a few times back in my days.
    Yeah, will certainly do that. At the very least, will lose the first week discount oh well. On another note, got the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol 3 for $100 today. The dust jacket is torn up bad on the spine but the book itself is in good shape. You guys think that’s a good deal all things considered?
    Last edited by Nab432; 01-11-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Yeah, will certainly do that. At the very least, will lose the first week discount oh well. On another note, got the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol 3 for $100 today. The dust jacket is torn up bad on the spine but the book itself is in good shape. You guys think that’s a good deal all things considered?
    It depends how much you want it I guess. It is a good deal until they reprint it. I have a hard time paying 100 dollars for an older book when there are new ones coming out all the time that I also want that are 50-60.

Spectacular Member

Near mint condition did a preview of the Peter David Hulk Omnibus and the borders or margins or whatever they are called around the edge of the pages are “huge”. To the point where it seems to me that the art is not oversized... similar to the omnibuses that Valiant has released.

I was going to get the omnibus but now I’m not so sure...

Amazing Member

It has white borders like every comic form that era, here you can compare to visionaries:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH3MfArlqHk

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    It has white borders like every comic form that era, here you can compare to visionaries:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH3MfArlqHk
    Right but as Omar flips through the book, compare the reproduction size of the issue covers to the issue pages.

The covers appear oversized; the issue pages do not.

Weird. Considering cancelling.

Amazing Member

It is oversized like any other book from 60s / 70s or 80s, because of that white borders the effect isn't like with ones without.

Hey Raffi,

Yeah I might do that for those select few titles.

Is Krisis still around?
    I don’t think so. From what I remember, the last time he posted he mentioned having some issues with how CBR is run or the new ownership or something along those lines.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Near mint condition did a preview of the Peter David Hulk Omnibus and the borders or margins or whatever they are called around the edge of the pages are “huge”. To the point where it seems to me that the art is not oversized... similar to the omnibuses that Valiant has released.

Looks the same size as any other Marvel Omni reprinting material from the 60s-early 90s. Still on my buy list...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just saw the Avengers: The Gathers Strike collection they put out a few weeks ago and it just makes me shake my head wondering what the hell they were thinking. It collects some issues of the Gathers saga and then just includes a bunch of weird stuff. It is and Epic Collection so why didn't they just collect Avengers issue 355-375 and get the whole story in one trade? They put the beginning of the Gathers Saga (issues 355-357) in a previous Epic Collection for some stupid reason. This new collection only has issues 360-366 of the Avengers proper series so to get the full Gathers Saga instead of it all being in one big collection it will be spread over 3 different collections if they collect the end of the story at all.

What a sloppy mess.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Looks the same size as any other Marvel Omni reprinting material from the 60s-early 90s. Still on my buy list...
    Yeah I looked at a couple different vids that showed the visionaries and the floppies and it looks like it is indeed oversized as all the other versions have that border as well.

I was never not going to get it... just disappointed that they didn’t utilize all the space they could have.

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post

Yeah I looked at a couple different vids that showed the visionaries and the floppies and it looks like it is indeed oversized as all the other versions have that border as well.

I was never not going to get it... just disappointed that they didn’t utilize all the space they could have.
    They're staying consistent to the original artwork, just at a larger size. "Utilizing" more would be pushing the art closer to (or even off) the edges of the page, which obviously isn't what was intended.

I even found a scan of an original page to compare (the one on the right is a screengrab from Omar's video); it looks pretty much the same to me, which is what I want from an Omnibus. The last thing I want is Marvel's collected editions department deciding that Todd McFarlane should have made his panels into full bleeds.

HulkCompare.jpg

Considering getting the Hulk omni though I don't own any other Hulk material. But I remember reading some of these issues back when, probably because Mcfarlane was drawing them.

Otherwise, yeah I also saw that Daredevil by Bendis omni is gone from IST. I placed my order on Thursday but it hasn't been picked and scanned yet, hope I still get it. Will IST still honor the price while awaiting a restock or will they just cancel it? Never had that happen before.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Hey Raffi,

Yeah I might do that for those select few titles.

Is Krisis still around?
    Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    I don’t think so. From what I remember, the last time he posted he mentioned having some issues with how CBR is run or the new ownership or something along those lines.
    Yeah, Krisis hasn't really been around for a while. He suddenly popped up some time ago with a post as per what "doolittle" posted. His knowledge is missed.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Considering getting the Hulk omni though I don't own any other Hulk material. But I remember reading some of these issues back when, probably because Mcfarlane was drawing them.

Otherwise, yeah I also saw that Daredevil by Bendis omni is gone from IST. I placed my order on Thursday but it hasn't been picked and scanned yet, hope I still get it. Will IST still honor the price while awaiting a restock or will they just cancel it? Never had that happen before.
    From my experience, they will absolutely honour it. As Omnibus wrote, they will probably get some more copies in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I just saw the Avengers: The Gathers Strike collection they put out a few weeks ago and it just makes me shake my head wondering what the hell they were thinking. It collects some issues of the Gathers saga and then just includes a bunch of weird stuff. It is and Epic Collection so why didn't they just collect Avengers issue 355-375 and get the whole story in one trade? They put the beginning of the Gathers Saga (issues 355-357) in a previous Epic Collection for some stupid reason. This new collection only has issues 360-366 of the Avengers proper series so to get the full Gathers Saga instead of it all being in one big collection it will be spread over 3 different collections if they collect the end of the story at all.

What a sloppy mess.
    New Defenders Epic Collection had the first issue of the run in the previous EC... Really annoying if you just wanted that group collected.