Page 8 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Reed did have long hair when the team found him trapped in the past in FF#406. I got him mixed up with a game simulation of Reed that appeared in Doom 2099. That one had a ponytail. I think there was another AU Reed with one but can't remember where.
    In the universe where Sue is Madam Hydra, Reed has a ponytail.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Reed did have long hair when the team found him trapped in the past in FF#406. I got him mixed up with a game simulation of Reed that appeared in Doom 2099. That one had a ponytail. I think there was another AU Reed with one but can't remember where.
    Trapped in the past and thus couldn't get a haircut. That could've happened in any era. And the others are AUs, well, not uncommon for those to look different. I did think it would be out of character for Reed to grow his hair. It could get tangled in the machinery he works on.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Wow. There are a lot of variant covers for this FF/X-men mini. And more to be announced?!

The finished cover by Mark Brooks is amazing. I'm guessing he will do 3 more to make a poster sized (I'd order that in a heartbeat) image. I'm wondering how accurate Doom's appearance in the cover is. I wouldn't have thought he'd be doing anything in this mini-series.

And then there's this classic Romita Hidden Gem variant.

From Newsarama
    https://www.newsarama.com/48546-x-me...covers.html#s6
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Everyone in superhero costumes except for Professor X (who just wore a suit normally anyway back then), Nick Fury, and one other guy. Is that Falcon?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    And then there's this classic Romita Hidden Gem variant.

From Newsarama
    https://www.newsarama.com/48546-x-me...covers.html#s6
    Nice touch having the top-hatted men in shadow outside the room -- Stan and Jack got blocked from entering the ceremony.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yeah, that has got to be the best Stan and Jack cameo. I think the guy in the tuxedo next to Cap is Gabe Jones, who transitioned from being one of the Howlers to an Agent of SHIELD. He was at the wedding and along with Dum Dum Dugan, told Stan and Jack they had to leave! In any case, there was no Falcon in the MU at that time.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-14-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Everyone in superhero costumes except for Professor X (who just wore a suit normally anyway back then), Nick Fury, and one other guy. Is that Falcon?
    I don't think so. If it was Falcon, he'd be in costume. If this was a Kirby cover, I'd have said Gabe Jones. Since it is a Romita Sr., I'm guessing Robbie Robertson.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yeah, that has got to be the best Stan and Jack cameo. I think the guy in the tuxedo next to Cap is Gabe Jones, who transitioned from being one of the Howlers to an Agent of SHIELD. He was at the wedding. There was no Falcon in the MU at that time.
    Ooops. I think you are right, Iron Maiden. I don't think Robbie Robertson was created at the time of the wedding ... though JRSR could have retconned him in, since this is a later image. However, Gabe was one of the guys who turned away Stan and Jack, wasn't he?

Ooops. I think you are right, Iron Maiden. I don't think Robbie Robertson was created at the time of the wedding ... though JRSR could have retconned him in, since this is a later image. However, Gabe was one of the guys who turned away Stan and Jack, wasn't he?
    Yes, he was. I edited my post to include that page!

duplicate post

Wow. There are a lot of variant covers for this FF/X-men mini. And more to be announced?!

The finished cover by Mark Brooks is amazing. I'm guessing he will do 3 more to make a poster sized (I'd order that in a heartbeat) image. I'm wondering how accurate Doom's appearance in the cover is. I wouldn't have thought he'd be doing anything in this mini-series.

He will be at least in issue #2. but to what extent is not certain. I would guess that Zdarsky's including Doom since he played a big role in the original mini. I also tend to think a lot of Doom's appearances outside of the Doctor Doom series are taking place at a different point in time. I go back to issue #1 where there is a gap of an untold number of weeks between the beginning of the issue when the Antlion project is being discussed in the news to when the actual disaster occurs

Yeah, that has got to be the best Stan and Jack cameo. I think the guy in the tuxedo next to Cap is Gabe Jones, who transitioned from being one of the Howlers to an Agent of SHIELD. He was at the wedding and along with Dum Dum Dugan, told Stan and Jack they had to leave! In any case, there was no Falcon in the MU at that time.

Yes, he was. I edited my post to include that page!
    That never gets old. : )

He will be at least in issue #2. but to what extent is not certain. I would guess that Zdarsky's including Doom since he played a big role in the original mini. I also tend to think a lot of Doom's appearances outside of the Doctor Doom series are taking place at a different point in time. I go back to issue #1 where there is a gap of an untold number of weeks between the beginning of the issue when the Antlion project is being discussed in the news to when the actual disaster occurs

That's right. How did I forget the Doom Picking Flowers cover?

to tell the truth I haven't been reading Hickman's X-Men but I know the flowers are part of the Krakoa stuff and that's about it.

Wrong thread--never mind!
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 01-14-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Fantastic Four #21 solicitation and cover

FANTASTIC FOUR #21
    Written by DAN SLOTT
    Illustrated by SEAN IZAAKSE
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    With the Fantastic Four neck–deep in the menace in space, who can Powerhouse and Brainstorm call upon to deal with the crisis down on Earth? Only Spider–Man and Wolverine, of course!

Wolvie and Spidey's costumes are based on What If? Vol. 2 #78, where De'Lila the Skrull killed the original FF and the new FF (Wolvie, Spidey, Hulk and Ghost Rider) took their place in Earth-9510.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_2_78
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES