Page 25 of 613 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I love the way Storm and Starfire embrace one another here.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I love the way Storm and Starfire embrace one another here.
    I do as well. did you read that issue? is it considered canon?

oan I live this list and that ororo is number 1. also reading the comments there are so many storm fans out there. we are a force to reckon with!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I do as well. did you read that issue? is it considered canon?

oan I live this list and that ororo is number 1. also reading the comments there are so many storm fans out there. we are a force to reckon with!!

I love this little gems that you keep finding. There really is a ton of love for Storm online. The comment sections of these videos are always so fuckin lit with followers of the one true Hadari Yao. Chetch!

BANNED

storm fans are the barbz of comic fans imo

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I love this little gems that you keep finding. There really is a ton of love for Storm online. The comment sections of these videos are always so fuckin lit with followers of the one true Hadari Yao. Chetch!
    bish hello!!!! im just realizing how much love she does have from people beyond the comicbook sites I've frequented in the past. and bish yessss!!!! hadari yao followers indeed!! they stan for her as hard as we do here and I absolutely love it!! and can we not forget ororo is sitting at number 1 on this list. now check that haters lolol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    why do you say that?

so we may get an announcement of this storm book sometime before april or the book may even be released in April so we would hopefully hear something before then.

From bleeding cool:

Dawn of X started with six titles: X-Men, New Mutants, Marauders, Excalibur, X-Force, and Fallen Angels. Deadpool isn’t part of the Dawn of X, but I count it as an X-book anyway. Gwenpool Strikes Back was revealed to also be an X-book, but it was a mini-series and it’s over. Fallen Angels is ending, but February will introduce two books to take its place: Wolverine and Giant-Size X-Men, along with the four-issue X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover. In March, Cable and Hellions launch. And we know that in April, we’ll at least be getting X-Factor by Leah Williams and David Baldeon. That’s twelve individual X-Men series shipping in April, and undoubtedly some will double-ship. There’s also the possibility we learn what X-Book featuring Storm that Vita Ayala is writing, and/or learn when X-Corps is coming out, announced for artist Carmen Carnero for February launch and then pushed back. Could we get either of those in April too? Or perhaps they’re one and the same?

Whatever the case, we should be up to a minimum of five books weekly by May. FEEL THE X-BLOAT!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I feel like, while it has been nice to see the X-Men with a bit of a push after so long of being on the margins, Marvel is ramping them up too much too fast. The sales can't hold forever(it looks like other than Hickman's X-Men, the sales are already settling to pre-DoX levels).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I feel like, while it has been nice to see the X-Men with a bit of a push after so long of being on the margins, Marvel is ramping them up too much too fast. The sales can't hold forever(it looks like other than Hickman's X-Men, the sales are already settling to pre-DoX levels).
    yes you're absolutely correct. I was making this point to a friend earlier. what do you think the drop is sales is due to? is it the stories people are not liking?

I mean, the traditional comics market has kinda been shrinking for decades, so while X-Men as a franchise was done dirty due to the whole Fox thing, it's like, too late to undo that. People have moved on. Comics are kinda expensive for a story you can read in a few minutes(although, I will say Hickman's data pages, and stuff like his #4 were great reads, and easily worth it considering how much a drink costs in a bar, for example).

I was just at my friend's apartment the other day, and saw he had an "Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters" placard on his wall, and not too minutes later he spoke about how he doesn't read comics or watch cartoons anymore because he's busy working. It's like, even if you're into these things conceptually, do you really want to dish out $4 or $5 bucks per title, per issue?

There are so many films and shows and video games and streaming options these days, traditional comics are just not what they were back in the 60's or 90's even. Then you have to consider how drastically Hickman et al have changed things, so the old heads who do buy anything and everything might be turned off by some of this drastic change(and to be fair, so might the younger crowd who just want their faves as they were).
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-15-2020 at 02:18 PM.

I mean, the traditional comics market has kinda been shrinking for decades, so while X-Men as a franchise was done dirty due to the whole Fox thing, it's like, too late to undo that. People have moved on. Comics are kinda expensive for a story you can read in a few minutes(although, I will say Hickman's data pages, and stuff like his #4 were great reads, and easily worth it considering how much a drink costs in a bar, for example).

I was just at my friend's apartment the other day, and saw he had an "Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters" placard on his wall, and not too minutes later he spoke about how he doesn't read comics or watch cartoons anymore because he's busy working. It's like, even if you're into these things conceptually, do you really want to dish out $4 or $5 bucks per title, per issue?

There are so many films and shows and video games and streaming options these days, traditional comics are just not what they were back in the 60's or 90's even. Then you have to consider how drastically Hickman et al have changed things, so the old heads who do buy anything and everything might be turned off by some of this drastic change(and to be fair, so might the younger crowd who just want their faves as they were).
    I think your assessment is unfortunately spot on. the world in which now live comics are simply not as viable a medium as other forms of media.

do you think it can in any way be turned around? I had this argument maybe a few weeks back that just because the numbers cor Hickman were good does not mean it will be able to sustain the high numbers it initially did due to the current times we currently live.

Let's be real, Marvel/Disney are being extremely ambitious/greedy with this X-Men push. While HoX/PoX were a great tour de force, it was also a lot of books being put out week after week. It trained the audience to keep coming back for more. And then DoX has doubled down with more of(let's be real) less polished material. In this economy, of course the sales weren't going to keep up(I feel for the LCS owners who actually have to order all these books).

I think ultimately the market will show that comics just won't sell the way they did in the 90's anymore. It is true that the comics market as a whole has grown since then, but DC and Marvel are loosing market share. There's a glut of indie comics. None of them will ever break Claremont and Lee's X-Men #1 sales figures, but if there are 8000 books out there selling 1000 copies each on their own little websites, it's still the same amount of books sold. Comics these days are really only for a niche audience, at least until they are adapted into series/films, but then that audience will barely go out to seek the actual comics.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-15-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    The barbz are iconic wbk
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Someone translate "barbz" for me in this context, please.

Someone translate "barbz" for me in this context, please.
    fans of nikki Minaj are affectionately called "barbz"

https://mobile.twitter.com/LukasWern...59282688237568

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

fans of nikki Minaj are affectionately called "barbz"

https://mobile.twitter.com/LukasWern...59282688237568

Absolutely gorgeous. I would love to see this in canon.