Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm shocked at how fast The Mandalorian and Baby Yoda have leaped over Rey, Poe and Finn.
    I don't get the "Baby Yoda" phenomenon myself. I mean, I understand in the abstract the appeal and see how it works as a marketing coup, but it does nothing for me personally.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I don't get the "Baby Yoda" phenomenon myself. I mean, I understand in the abstract the appeal and see how it works as a marketing coup, but it does nothing for me personally.

Have you seen the show?

I'm shocked at how fast The Mandalorian and Baby Yoda have leaped over Rey, Poe and Finn.
    New show just beginning vs. a trilogy wrapping up. Makes sense that the former will be getting more hype in the here and now.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The OT cast will always have the advantage of being first and forty years to marinate into the popular consciousness. Nothing ever beats first and longevity.
    But even if I compare it to the EU Novels I have read (mostly the X-Wing and the Thrawn books), and the animated TV series (Clone Wars, Rebels) the new characters and villains feel really weak in comparison.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

And it Came to Pass on the 28th Day;

'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' Tops $1 Billion at the Global Box Office!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ox-office.html

•"Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" has officially made more than $1 billion at the global box office.

•The film is Disney's seventh 2019 release to hit this benchmark, a record in the film industry.

•The previous record, which was four billion-dollar movies in one year, was also held by Disney.

"Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" has joined the billion-dollar club.

On Tuesday, the ninth installment in the Skywalker Saga surpassed $1 billion at the global box office. It has made $481.3 million domestically and $519.7 million internationally since its Dec. 20 release.

"The Rise of Skywalker" is Disney's seventh 2019 release to surpass this box office benchmark. No other media company has come close to this kind of record before.

The previous record, which was four billion-dollar movies in one year, was also held by Disney. In 2016, "Zootopia," "Finding Dory," "Captain America: Civil War" and "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" all crossed that benchmark.

In 2019, "Captain Marvel," "Aladdin," "The Lion King," "Avengers: Endgame," "Frozen II" and "Toy Story 4" were the other films released by Disney that surpassed $1 billion. Notably, "Endgame" became the highest grossing film of all time last year, garnering $2.798 billion worldwide during its run.

In total, Disney garnered $11.1 billion in global movie ticket sales in 2019, another record in the industry for a single studio. With the addition of 21st Century Fox titles, which the company acquired in April, Disney hauled in more than $13.1 billion. Neither of these figures include what Disney has made in January, which pushed "The Rise of Skywalker" over the billion-dollar mark.

"'Skywalker' will be lucky number seven for Disney and at this point hitting a billion dollars should silence all the naysayers who felt it underperformed upon its release about a month ago," said Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst at Comscore. "The seeds of success that the studio planted in their amazing year of 2019 continue to bear fruit in 2020 with yet another box office milestone achieved within the Star Wars canon of films."
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    And it Came to Pass on the 28th Day;

'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' Tops $1 Billion at the Global Box Office!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ox-office.html
    I can't tell you HOW much I dreaded it stopping at $999,999,999.99.

I knew it would but I’m still thrilled to see it. One billion!!

Glad to see they made it. They deserved it.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Glad to see they made it. They deserved it.
    JJ Abrams had an unenviable task after Disney let Rian Johnson run wild, but he pulled it off and he deserves our respect.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

The toxic fandom don't have issues with those two like 2 of the 3 had to deal with.

The build up of those two has not be derailed like it was for Finn.

Also those two are not following the OT cast. They are on their own.

JJ Abrams had an unenviable task after Disney let Rian Johnson run wild, but he pulled it off and he deserves our respect.
    Do we have to tear people down to compliment others?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    These low numbers are the new normal. Failing to reach a billion is just the final humilation for a franchise that has been mismanaged ever since the aquisition.
    So about failing to reach a billion... I had no clue why this was hill some people wanted to die on but anyways just wanted to put reminder out there

Moving along

Mighty Member

I actually loved The Last Jedi. Which is probably why I was so let down by Rise of Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I actually loved The Last Jedi. Which is probably why I was so let down by Rise of Skywalker.
    I like all eleven live-action STAR WARS movies, and I feel like such a freak. I mean...doesn't ANYBODY else like all eleven?

Extraordinary Member

ROS is now dropped below Rogue One when it comes to the domestic gross compared day by day.

After 26 Days RoS is at $481,307,423 Rogue One was at $481,656,462.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdo...ic=grossToDate