Page 29 of 313 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    The problem is that I don't believe that's the direction DC is going to take with this.
    Opposing Batman (No matter how shitty main universe Batman is) automatically means you're wrong and need to be punished.
    This is sadly the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was already posted.
    oops

10 characters

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I can't help but find him cute and bruce is good with him.
    I like his interactions with Batman. I don't like the best Robin thing. Yeah it's a gag but especially after All Star's Batman creating something better than Robin.
    A Joke can go too far.

However it's not on Synder to write Batman as a better father to his kids that's on the Batbooks writers. Bruce can be written as positively as he is in JL. He just isn't.
    Yeah, the writers are the ones who dictate how Bruce reacts.

I also find him(jarro) kinda cute, but calling him the best Robin? Nah, Dami said it best - Big D and Lil D were the greatest.
    Last edited by Shen; 01-17-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Incredible Member

This is sadly the truth.
    And if they do end up having a physical fight Batman is going to win. Damian couldn't even win against Jason in this book. Unless his team helps him he's fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I've actually thought about this, and whilst I agree to an extent, I still think he's got a few years as Robin ahead of him. One of the points of becoming Robin is that it's a stage they go through in order to mature. They develop into the people they'll be in future, and with the way some people write Damian, it's gonna be a little while longer before he leaves the nest.
    And if he did stop being Robin for good, you'd think that story would happen in either Batman or Detective, not Teen Titans. While Dick did retire as Robin in New Teen Titans, there was special circumstances there - the Bat editors wanted to take him back and de-age him. Marv Wolfman told them to make a new Robin instead - something that hadn't happened since the silver age heroes replaced the golden age ones (i.e. Flash, Green Lantern, and over at Marvel, Human Torch). So Dick became Nightwing and Jason Todd was created to take over as Robin. Nowadays, you wouldn't expect that sort of thing to happen, so if Damian is stripped of his mantle, it won't be permanent.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And if they do end up having a physical fight Batman is going to win. Damian couldn't even win against Jason in this book. Unless his team helps him he's fucked.
    You realise that Damian is one of the most dangerous people on the planet, but he almost always loses when in it counts. That's DC making use of their favorite plot tool.

Incredible Member

Another problem is that after that "Drake" situation I don't think the writers have currently any good ideas for ex-Robins identities left.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I've actually thought about this, and whilst I agree to an extent, I still think he's got a few years as Robin ahead of him. One of the points of becoming Robin is that it's a stage they go through in order to mature. They develop into the people they'll be in future, and with the way some people write Damian, it's gonna be a little while longer before he leaves the nest.
    This is true but he's also a minor who needs supervision.
    Damian has gone off the rails regardless of his best intentions or the fact that he's doing what we saw Bruce doing in his title.

They are both at fault. Damian needs to regain Batman's trust and Bruce needs to regain his position as respected authority figure. Damian lost faith in the grown up heroes which led him to try harsher more permanent solutions. He doesn't have faith in Batman's methods and believes that Bruce is too pre-occupied to notice his activities.

The fact that it took Bruce this long to find out pretty much says it all about how bad he failed in both his duties as parent and mentor.

What happened to Batman having eyes on everyone? It was established in different titles that he has all sorts of eyes on Damian.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-17-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And if he did stop being Robin for good, you'd think that story would happen in either Batman or Detective, not Teen Titans. While Dick did retire as Robin in New Teen Titans, there was special circumstances there - the Bat editors wanted to take him back and de-age him. Marv Wolfman told them to make a new Robin instead - something that hadn't happened since the silver age heroes replaced the golden age ones (i.e. Flash, Green Lantern, and over at Marvel, Human Torch). So Dick became Nightwing and Jason Todd was created to take over as Robin. Nowadays, you wouldn't expect that sort of thing to happen, so if Damian is stripped of his mantle, it won't be permanent.
    Yeah, but DC truly enjoys doing things us fans wouldn't expect nowadays, be it for better or worse. Damian losing the Robin mantle now would feel kinda rushed though, I mean he just became a teenager a little while ago.

Incredible Member

Damian has gone off the rails regardless of his best intentions or the fact that he's doing what we saw Bruce doing in his title.

They are both to Blame. Damian needs to regain Batman's trust and Bruce needs to regain his position as respected authority figure. Damian lost faith in the grown up heroes which led him to try harsher more permanent solutions. He doesn't have faith in Batman's methods and believes that Bruce is too pre-occupied to notice his activities
    I mean...Bruce was too pre-occupied to notice anything for a long time. World's greatest detective, but doesn't know what his own son does.
    Father of the year.

Another problem is that after that "Drake" situation I don't think the writers have currently any good ideas for ex-Robins identities left.
    Bloodbat. A double entendre o, him being a blood relative of the Batman, but also a take on Bloodbath, because it is something he doesn't do anymore. It's not that hard. If I knew how to draw, I'd even try my hand at a fan art !

They are both to Blame. Damian needs to regain Batman's trust and Bruce needs to regain his position as respected authority figure. Damian lost faith in the grown up heroes which led him to try harsher more permanent solutions. He doesn't have faith in Batman's methods and believes that Bruce is too pre-occupied to notice his activities
    That's actually the premise of how this Teen Titans run started. You're right about them needing to regain their standings with one another. I just hope DC allow them to do something constructive with their relationship, especially now with Alfred gone

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Bloodbat. A double entendre o, him being a blood relative of the Batman, but also a take on Bloodbath, because it is something he doesn't do anymore. It's not that hard. If I knew how to draw, I'd even try my hand at a fan art !
    Holy- that's a great name! I was thinking something along the lines of Dreadwing or something. I know that in one of the comics his name was Red bird though.

You mean if they end up communicating Hopefully there'll be no need to coded Bat talk

Incredible Member

Nah, you know what? Scratch that new identity stuff. The other solicitations about Batman speak of him losing something dear (shocking!) and him going over the edge.

Let's make him even edgier and dumber and have him... *spins the stupid dc ideas wheel* hit Damian in the face, making him trip and break his neck on a conveniently placed rock, removing him from the story. Wait...