Page 30 of 613 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130530 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    yeah I seen the post too and didn't seem he implied to liking it, at least she getting developed though but the x office been lackin I haven't even seen Colossus yet.
    Colossus was in XForce I believe. He got messed up fighting in Russia.

BANNED

off-topic, but i love that ororo's hydrokinesis has become a firm stapple of her abilities recently, im nuts with anything water/ice related in fiction, i hope we see more of it instead of casual lightning

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Colossus was in XForce I believe. He got messed up fighting in Russia.
    huh, I didn't even notice.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Is there more to his post? He doesn't say he likes it. He's just telling Storm fans if they want their fix to go read BP. He just says hes aware of it. If he liked it, I'd think he say "if you like what's happening in BP, just wait..".
    he said he likes his storm:

Screenshot_20200118-223235_Samsung Internet.jpg
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    glad to be here, storm is my favorite marvel character after all but I know the character could do more beyond just being an X-Men. My previous post were just thoughts but I hope they happen one day I mean whether you like them together or not it's obvious the dynamic between Ro and Tchalla is the best in terms of a superhero relationship, I'm surprised she doesn't have a comic of her own id read it. Too much potential being wasted plus I don't care for jean and scott they've been done to death.
    I completely agree with your points. did you read her first solo? what were your thoughts?

and I'm hoping we get a solo for the very point you made.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

i wish the first solo gave ororo . a specific task, original villains and a couple of specific supoort characthers, marisol was a great start but the series was too much references and not enough new stuff that all solo characthers need :/, i love it but it felt more like an antalogy series about ororo's history than on ongoing trying to increase her strenght as a solo characther.

but the x-office is terrible with allowing non wolvie characthers having consistent solos.
    i think its an overarching issue, with ororo being the main and most anoyingly frustrating product of said issue.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-19-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    off-topic, but i love that ororo's hydrokinesis has become a firm stapple of her abilities recently, im nuts with anything water/ice related in fiction, i hope we see more of it instead of casual lightning
    agreed. the lightning is so played out. I'm wanting to see more diverse aspects of her powers including hydrokinesis.

I interpret that as being used as an excuse not to develop Storm in the X-verse. If Coates said Avengers and Agents of Wakanda was an excuse not to build up the character in his own universe, I'd be upset.
    Seriously. This seems to be the new normal for Storm in X books for nearly two decades. She's being used/ has big things coming up elsewhere so I guess that's justification for her crappy and reduced roles in the X line. I guess it helps the X creators and editors feel better if they have a totally lame excuse to fall back on for not developing the character. G's tweet sounds all too familiar. Second verse same as the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Seriously. This seems to be the new normal for Storm in X books for nearly two decades. She's being used/ has big things coming up elsewhere so I guess that's justification for her crappy and reduced roles in the X line. I guess it helps the X creators and editors feel better if they have a totally lame excuse to fall back on for not developing the character. G's tweet sounds all too familiar. Second verse same as the first.

Ugh! Why does great music like this not exist anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    That is encouraging, but his third sentence is concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Trust me I can relate and understand my patience is paper thin hoping for the best and it never happens. Even for that Children of The Atom if they brought back Kymera and explored her power set a bit more of gave us an insight into these powerful children her and TChalla are supposed to have but of course not more of the usual and always involving the Summers in some way in which im over them. It doesn’t even feel like the momentum will continue with Storm unless she is iconic in BP2 which is so far away. I’m dropping all those books I’m tired of the false promises I’ll pick up when she gets her solo there is just no more excuses anymore.
    Good points. I always take a "wait-and-see" approach with the X-titles, especially when it comes to Storm. Writers, editors, etc. can say whatever they want about her, but until I see it committed to the comic panels I remain skeptical.

I also would like to see Kymera return and have more of her history/story explored. I want her and Storm to have a positive relationship with one another. I felt their previous dealings with each another were very lackluster/under-whelming. I also think Kymera had a cool look. It wasn't anything over-the-top but it still worked:

The striped panther-avatar was pretty cool too.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

i personally think exploring ororo's maternal heritage, its power and how it relates to mutant kind as a whole, kymera would be a neat supportive characther imo, marisol/gentle/oya could work as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i personally think exploring ororo's maternal heritage, its power and how it relates to mutant kind as a whole, kymera would be a neat supportive characther imo, marisol/gentle/oya could work as well
    Agreed. Exploring more of Ororo's maternal heritage while also using Kymera in the story would be very interesting. I say keep Kymera, Marisol, and Gentle throughout the story. I would even (re)introduce Mjnari from the 90s X-men cartoon (although with a slightly different back-story). Oya can kick rocks tho.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Good points. I always take a "wait-and-see" approach with the X-titles, especially when it comes to Storm. Writers, editors, etc. can say whatever they want about her, but until I see it committed to the comic panels I remain skeptical.

I also would like to see Kymera return and have more of her history/story explored. I want her and Storm to have a positive relationship with one another. I felt their previous dealings with each another were very lackluster/under-whelming. I also think Kymera had a cool look. It wasn't anything over-the-top but it still worked:

The striped panther-avatar was pretty cool too.
    In my head Kymera is Marvel's version of DC's Vixen. I would love to see a story were her parents (T'Challa and Storm) have to find her.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Agreed. Exploring more of Ororo's maternal heritage while also using Kymera in the story would be very interesting. I say keep Kymera, Marisol, and Gentle throughout the story. I would even (re)introduce Mjnari from the 90s X-men cartoon (although with a slightly different back-story). Oya can kick rocks tho.
    What did Oya do? Lol
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-19-2020 at 11:38 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.