Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Here is the Doctor Doom Marvel Zombies variant for issue #7. I don't think we've even seen the regular cover for issue 7 coming out in April . Marvel's a bit late I guess or maybe all the companies are. There is no catalog for products shipping in April on the PreviewsWorld site yet.

Alas poor Victor.....this is probably on par with how he's looked unmasked anyway over the years. Except the eyes have that undead look to them. Very nice work by artist Miguel Mercado

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here is the Doctor Doom Marvel Zombies variant for issue #7. I don't think we've even seen the regular cover for issue 7 coming out in April . Marvel's a bit late I guess or maybe all the companies are. There is no catalog for products shipping in April on the PreviewsWorld site yet.

Alas poor Victor.....this is probably on par with how he's looked unmasked anyway over the years. Except the eyes have that undead look to them. Very nice work by artist Miguel Mercado

Hey, Iron Maiden. I have a question:

IIRC, wasn't it revealed sometime ago that Doom had the capability to resist being turned into a zombie because of his tremendously strong willpower?

Or has this been debunked?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-22-2020 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Added clarification.

I don't think anyone is immune in the world of the Marvel Zombies, which was designated Earth-2149. In a mini series Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness featuring the comic book version of the character Ash from the Evil Dead movies, Doom was holding off the zombie plague for a while in his castle using a magical barrier to protect it. He had a select group of citizens he had chosen to survive with him. Eventually the Zombie Avengers successfully breached his defenses and he was bitten but not before he was able to send the surviving Latverians through his transporter. He turned into a zombie but I think he was killed off in another story, where the Marvel Zombies that are Avengers devour the Silver Surfer and become more powerful than the rest of the zombies, that being the villains like Super Skrull, Doom, Doc Ock etc. When Galactus shows up, he gets defeated and there is a fight between the two groups of zombies over the body of Galactus. The hero group wins since they have extra powers from devouring the Surfer. So Zombieverse Doom is dead, killed with the Cosmic powered Avengers zombies.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-22-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks, Iron Maiden.

I didn't get the chance to read that mini-series, but I do remember reading about this incident somewhere (probably a wiki-entry, as you mentioned).

I edited my answer a bit when I found the issue where the villain zombies get beaten by the hero zombies. I know I have the Army of Darkness mini but it's packed away somewhere and for some reason that series isn't on Marvel Unlimited. There might be a rights issue with the Army of Darkness character Ash.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I broke down and bought two boxes of FF Mystery Minis at Gamestop ... no Namor. But I got the Moloid and ... Sue! LOL! The one you were looking for Iron Maiden.

FYI, Gamestop has a 20% off sale on toys and collectibles, maybe until the end of the week? I'm not sure when it ends. So, I the boxes were $4 a piece, instead of $5.

Also, the clerk told me that the Legends Doctor Doom hadn't shipped yet to them. They were expecting it after the 29th. So, check them out, if you haven't found it yet.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I already posted this in the Namor thread but here are my Marvel Legends Namor and Doctor Doom

First off here is the art on the side panels. The Namor one is the best

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

From the X-Men/Fantastic Four thread, issue #4

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Look, Abe! The French cover for the collection of Fantastic Four 1234!

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks! So that's where that is from. I had seen that on the internet somewhere but it wasn't labeled.

A roundup of appearances for April. I do think that there is some kind of mix up about the covers for Doctor Doom #6 and #7. The one with the right was given out last month as the cover for issue #6. When I checked the Diamond Previews site for all items in the Doctor Doom series it shows the same cover for both #6 and #7 So be on the lookout for a correction on that

DOCTOR DOOM #7

CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY MIGUEL MERCADO

Doctor Doom returns to Latveria, out for revenge on those who stole his throne away from him. With the help of his remaining allies and one of the most powerful weapons in the universe, he’ll work to expose and destroy the conspirators working against him. But the black hole on the moon is growing critical, and Doom’s brilliant mind may be the only one that can stop catastrophe that will wreak havoc throughout the entire solar system. Still, Doom isn’t one to just offer a friendly hand… If the people of Earth want his help, he’s going to make them beg for it.

X–MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR #4 (of 4)

CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • TERRY DODSON (A/C)
    Connecting Variant Cover by MARK BROOKS
    FLOWER Variant Cover by MEGHAN HETRICK
    Variant Cover by CHRIS ELIOPOULOS

The exciting finale! On an island of doom, the X–Men and Fantastic Four fight to save the future! Lines will be drawn in the sand and enemies will be made, upending the Marvel Universe!

MARVEL #2 (of 6)

ALEX ROSS, DAN BRERETON, STEVE DARNALL, PAOLO RIVERA & ERIC POWELL (W)

ALEX ROSS, ERIC POWELL, PAOLO RIVERA & DAN BRERETON (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS

Variant Cover by DAN BRERETON

Another artist extravaganza overseen by the master; Alex Ross! In this issue, the X–Men old and new grapple with the swelling of their ranks in a story by Dan Brereton, the Thing, Spider–Man and Doctor Doom contend for the most coveted object on the planet in a tale by Eric Powell, and the Vision pushes himself to the limit in order to save a life in an adventure by Paolo Rivera! All wrapped in a framing sequence painted by Alex and scripted by Steve Darnall!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-24-2020 at 01:08 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Interesting. Thanks for the link, IM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

You're welcome. I think we can see from his views on Doom why he gets Doom in ways other recent writer don't. I'm always encouraged when any writer that works with the character names Triumph and Torment as one of their favorite works. I like that he picked up on the spirituality. Here is one of comics great if not the greatest villains and Stern placed him in a story about redemption.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-25-2020 at 05:21 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You're welcome. I think we can see from his views on Doom why he gets Doom in ways other recent writer don't. I'm always encouraged when any writer that works with the character names Triumph and Torment as one of their favorite works. I like that he picked up on the spirituality. Here is one of comics great if not the greatest villains and Stern placed him in a story about redemption.
    Exactly. The only worry I have with Cantwell is that he seems to historically have a focus on the darkness and anger in his characters, and this shows in his Doctor Doom in ways that others haven't portrayed. My only complaint is that his Doom has sometimes been too common (too plebeian) in his anger and violence, and less cunning or planning. But he's had Doom on the run since the beginning so let's see how that turns. While Cantwell has been careful not to cross over into the nefarious, mustache twirling territory (something other writers embrace all too willingly), I disagree with the implication that Doom knows that he's evil. I think Doom has a much more pragmatic view, less mired in the conventional black and white of comic book morality. I think that Doom has always believed (even if he's knowingly deluded himself) that he is doing the right thing. The redemption that Doom has obtained is only that which we on the outside place upon him, not what Doom has tried to reach as an end goal. Except for his sometimes frequent indulgence into revenge seeking with the Richards clan, Doom's initial goal of ruling the world was based on an assessment that he was the best person for the job and the world would be a better place if he did.

Which interestingly enough, may be an underlying theme in the Doctor Doom series. So, I still have to give Cantwell props. And of course I concur ... Triumph and Torment is required reading for any Doom writer.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria