Page 70 of 170 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2541
    BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Sorta OT (but still WW related): James Wan has been tapped to produce an Aquaman animated show. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...bo-max-1269930

As much as I commend WB for FINALLY giving WW her well deserved cinematic glory, I still feel that she should get a bigger (yes, bigger) push across multiple platforms.
    Look at Harley Quinn: she has her own animated show now, and it boggles my mind that Diana has never had one. Now Aquaman will get his own cartoon show, and where is Diana's?
    I still think that, despite the many cool ancillary products that DC/WB released after the first WW film smashed, they still did NOT put the same effort they normally use for male characters or female characters that are Batman-adjacent.
    Hopefully, the WW sequel will be an even bigger hit than the first so DC/WB can get their act together and give Diana her due.
    She needs a cartoon show, a bigger presence in places like Walmart and DOllar Stores, more toys and merchandise, and definitely a second comic book (Sensation Comics starring Wonder Woman [and a rotating back-up feature starring female characters and featuring female writers/artists]).
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 01-17-2020 at 05:06 AM.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Sorta OT (but still WW related): James Wan has been tapped to produce an Aquaman animated show. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...bo-max-1269930

As much as I commend WB for FINALLY giving WW her well deserved cinematic glory, I still feel that she should get a bigger (yes, bigger) push across multiple platforms.
    Look at Harley Quinn: she has her own animated show now, and it boggles my mind that Diana has never had one. Now Aquaman will get his own cartoon show, and where is Diana's?
    I still think that, despite the many cool ancillary products that DC/WB released after the first WW film smashed, they still did NOT put the same effort they normally use for male characters or female characters that are Batman-adjacent.
    Hopefully, the WW sequel will be an even bigger hit than the first so DC/WB can get their act together and give Diana her due.
    She needs a cartoon show, a bigger presence in places like Walmart and DOllar Stores, more toys and merchandise, and definitely a second comic book (Sensation Comics starring Wonder Woman [and a rotating back-up feature starring female characters and featuring female writers/artists]).
    No surprise there, James Wan seems really passionate about Aquaman

Patty Jenkins jumped quickly into WW84 after the first WW film wrapped. Now that she is taking a break from the solo franchise, Patty has talked about a project featuring the Amazons of Themyscira. I’ve heard it’s being considered for the new streaming service, HBOMax, but that hasn’t been officially confirmed. I’m more than willing to wait for a WW-related project IF Patty is attached. Which she is. So a little more patience & hopefully we get a big reward.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

WW84/Tide commercial:

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

First Look at Cheetah:

Wowww, I like it quite a bit. Love that they're staying pretty faithful to the comics version. Although I'm still nervous about seeing it in action and the full body.

They're really starting to lean into the 80s aesthetic.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Atleast, It is not terrible like Cats

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Huh, didn't expect them to reveal it this early.
    But I'm digging it. She's definitely the special effect that had the most potential to go embarrassingly wrong, but this is not setting off any alarm bells. Seeing it motion will be the true test, but I love the eyes and the "tear tracks." Good so far! I'm getting more confident in Wiig's casting.

It gives me a Thundercats vibe if that had ever been done in live action, specifically Cheetara, and that works for me. Kinda wish they could have kept the lid on it longer though, they were doing a good job hiding it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

That's pretty good! The real test will be when we actually see her in motion, but that's pretty promising. Definitely cool that they remembered those distinctive eye marking that cheetahs have. Without those she could just as easily be Leopard Woman
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Huh, looks like they're leaning more towards the pre-Rebirth look. I'm all for it, never particularly cared for the bestal look.

First impression for me is that it’s not too bad. Not as Liam Sharp inspired as I thought, but still decent. It’ll help to see it in a few more angles and scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Huh, didn't expect them to reveal it this early.
    But I'm digging it. She's definitely the special effect that had the most potential to go embarrassingly wrong, but this is not setting off any alarm bells. Seeing it motion will be the true test, but I love the eyes and the "tear tracks." Good so far! I'm getting more confident in Wiig's casting.
    I'm always a fan of when they draw Cheetah with the "tear tracks." It's such a visually striking look and perfect for a cheetah-themed character.

I saw quite a few people saying it didn't look anything like Wiig (which I disagree with; maybe I've just been watching too many SNL skits with her lately but I can see her in that image so clearly). But I guess that's also kind of a credit to the look and Wiig's visual acting. I'm so excited to see her in the film. I'm crossing my fingers she's the breakout star.

For some reason the image I can't see. So I found it. It seems to be from a notebook cover.

A7A600CD-10EB-4E0A-B26A-9844D5D173AC.jpg