Page 18 of 120 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

I'm trying to think of the endgame in all of this. Either Earth is going to be part of the Kree-Skrull empire or it's not. I'm more than a little weary of this plotline. I'd be curious if they actually let them take over for at least a year then do another storyline with the eventual rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm trying to think of the endgame in all of this. Either Earth is going to be part of the Kree-Skrull empire or it's not. I'm more than a little weary of this plotline. I'd be curious if they actually let them take over for at least a year then do another storyline with the eventual rebellion.
    They'll probably just call his boyfriend who will talk some sense into him and then they'll finally get married. Though world domination under Wiccan and Hulking would be alot more fun!! Unfortunately people would bitch about character assassination!!

Do we know why Teddy all of the sudden decided to declare war on Earth?

We don't know that he has. He only ordered them to come to the Sol system, we haven't actually seem him declare war. Seems that they're actually looking for the Cotati, a plant based hostile species.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope a couple people get slaughtered along the way really looking forward to ruthless Emperor Teddy he can't be a little bitch or he'll lose the respect of his people!! He needs to Game of Thrones this **** just Drocarys a couple of cities with Billy as his dragon aka reality warping nuke!!

Spectacular Member

Damn. Was really hoping to see Adam and Spectrum in this. Frown

Quote Originally Posted by DMightyBlue View Post
    Well Monica is in Strikeforce and so is Billy who's Teddy's fiance and no way is Billy going to blatantly ignore his husband to be going to war with the earth, Avengers and F4 so he's bound to pop up, so it stands to suggest the rest of Strikeforce might pop up too.

After really getting into the Billy/Teddy relationship, I'm looking forward to Empyre. Should be an interesting outcome I hope. Shuffle things up a bit, which could be nice. Really hoping for some more out of Hulkling and Wiccan after the event ends tho

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

They should have added Adam to Forceworks or Busiek's Marvels. But I doubt we'll see him in either.

He's supposed to be part of Three X science information guild in Empyre, but again, not sure to what extent he'll get any action, since the other members of the guild are Night Thrasher and Jimmy Woo. I know these guys are all super brilliant and influential in their own way, but they still feel like a random tech support team to me. Sorry, just calling it like I see it. Not exactly what I envisioned for someone who is basically Marvel's version of Kingdom Come Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    After really getting into the Billy/Teddy relationship, I'm looking forward to Empyre. Should be an interesting outcome I hope. Shuffle things up a bit, which could be nice. Really hoping for some more out of Hulkling and Wiccan after the event ends tho
    Maybe the Endgame Of Empyre is the ascension of the Young Avengers? There has to be a time when these 6 people become the primary force in the Universe, if Allan Heinburg was supposed to invent this group to be the next Avengers generation. I always wondered why the YA were left to languish in obscurity for so long since 2005, and no progress be made towards their eventual assumption to the high elite. To be an alternative to the old guard. Maybe Marvel will finally dispose of the old guard in this Event? It won’t take much if you have an Infinity gem.
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-10-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

If you mean Blue Marvel, I'm sure he'll have some role in it. Ewing put him at the center of the mystery of Marvel Comics #1000 and Incoming!, which led to Empyre. And Ewing has a history of writing Monica, so I wouldn't be too shocked to see her having some role as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Maybe the Endgame Of Empyre is the ascension of the Young Avengers? There has to be a time when these 6 people become the primary force in the Universe, if Allan Heinburg was supposed to invent this group to be the next Avengers generation. I always wondered why the YA were left to languish in obscurity for so long since 2005, and no progress be made towards their eventual assumption to the high elite. To be an alternative to the old guard. Maybe Marvel will finally dispose of the old guard in this Event? It won’t take much if you have an Infinity gem.
    Well, if their intention is to bring the Young Avengers to prominence, I say it's about damn time! And technically, we did have a story that made progress to the Young Avengers being the next generation of Avengers, it was Avengers: The Children's Crusade. The whole book led to the point where Steve Rogers acknowledged the YA as full-fledged Avengers. The problem is that Marvel didn't really bother to follow-up on that concept (Gillen's Young Avengers was a self-contained story that didn't really deal with the Avengers legacy aspect of the group). Not much has been done to connect the YA characters to the main Avengers franchise ever since, which was a mistake, IMO. I don't even think Marvel needs to ''dispose of the old guard''. They just need to create a cohesive Avengers line that feels as connected and organized as the current X-titles are. I'm not saying they need to publish as many Avengers titles as X-titles, 'cause that would be too many, but at least have someone (preferably Ewing) overseeing the Avengers line, with an Avengers, Young Avengers and one or two other [Wild Card] Avengers or Avengers-adjacent books would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I hope a couple people get slaughtered along the way really looking forward to ruthless Emperor Teddy he can't be a little bitch or he'll lose the respect of his people!! He needs to Game of Thrones this **** just Drocarys a couple of cities with Billy as his dragon aka reality warping nuke!!
    Teddy is not a Tyrant. Teddy is HERO.

Teddy is a golden retriever. He is the goodest boy.

I hope Ewing restores his and Billy's sick sky rise loft that Sunspot gifted them at the end of New Avengers.
    Last edited by Fokken; 02-11-2020 at 05:10 AM.

BANNED

The future is constantly changing so something is bound to happen to Teddy that would have Wiccan nearly the deep end of an emotional breakdown to end the war. Something tells me that we could expect a decimation for the Kree and Skrull in this event.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    You mean like DC are apparently doing? That 5G thing?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Teddy is not a Tyrant. Teddy is HERO.

Teddy is a golden retriever. He is the goodest boy.

I hope Ewing restores his and Billy's sick sky rise loft that Sunspot gifted them at the end of New Avengers.
    I feel like I've been over this with someone before, Cancer, extermination, betterment of the whole! If the plant people are threats to the earth and the whole point of this fight is to attack them why wouldn't they slaughter them? Plus the skrulls are savage and won't respect weak leadership, while the Kree are sneaky little know it all bastards who also won't respect weak leadership! Teddy is going to have to make some tough choices coming up and he can't be soft about it! It is what it is.