Page 17 of 149 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    If your rebooting people to the point Where they’re missing parts of their life or can’t reboot them to a certain extent is it really them or just a clone
    I'm of the opinion that artificially creating a genetically identical individual from a base organism is cloning. Whether or not clones in real life have souls is definitely for debate but, at least in 616-canon, the answer is yes.

Memories and experiences play a lesser part in the act of cloning but, instead, shape an individual's personality / character. Implicitly, reputation as well-- this reason being why I'm a fan of Cyke and not Tyke, the latter of the two was a whiny little shiz that hasn't accomplished anything. Also the same reasoning I apply to distinguish Cable and Wifi.

Side-note, I never seriously believed X-23 was a clone. The mere fact that her genetic make-up isn't identical to Logan's is the key distinction. I always saw her as an in vitro fertilization-like product from Logan and Sarah. But 616-canon definitely wanted to roll with the clone idea.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'm of the opinion that artificially creating a genetically identical individual from a base organism is cloning. Whether or not clones in real life have souls is definitely for debate but, at least in 616-canon, the answer is yes.

Memories and experiences play a lesser part in the act of cloning but, instead, shape an individual's personality / character. Implicitly, reputation as well-- this reason being why I'm a fan of Cyke and not Tyke, the latter of the two was a whiny little shiz that hasn't accomplished anything. Also the same reasoning I apply to distinguish Cable and Wifi.

Side-note, I never seriously believed X-23 was a clone. The mere fact that her genetic make-up isn't identical to Logan's is the key distinction. I always saw her as an in vitro fertilization-like product from Logan and Sarah. But 616-canon definitely wanted to roll with the clone idea.
    Do clones have souls yeah I believe they do. But a clone is a clone. Look at Vulcan, he’s definitely a clone and not original.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Do clones have souls yeah I believe they do. But a clone is a clone. Look at Vulcan, he’s definitely a clone and not original.
    Then I suppose we're in agreement

CyClones! CyClones e~very~wheeeeere~!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

It all depends on the type of clone we are talking about, there is no fixed standard in Marvel.

Madelyne Pryor until she received a fragment of Jean Grey's soul thanks to the Phoenix, was an empty shell. The clones created by Jackal to resurrect people in Clone Conspirancy like Ben Reilly or the son of Curt Connors have the soul of the originals, confirmed by Doctor Strange and Mephisto.

I personally do not assume that any of the resurrected mutants are clones.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Its like time travel, the rules work however the current writer wants them to. However this method at least is straight from the X-Men history playbook. Its been employed by them several times through the years to circumvent death. (Xavier and all of the new mutants)

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It all depends on the type of clone we are talking about, there is no fixed standard in Marvel.

Madelyne Pryor until she received a fragment of Jean Grey's soul thanks to the Phoenix, was an empty shell. The clones created by Jackal to resurrect people in Clone Conspirancy like Ben Reilly or the son of Curt Connors have the soul of the originals, confirmed by Doctor Strange and Mephisto.

I personally do not assume that any of the resurrected mutants are clones.
    I wish we could get past this but I’m not seeing it yet. Maybe the next issue of X-men will shed some light on this debate. For me Cyclops is the same as he always was- his mind was just downloaded into a new (cloned) body.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Then I suppose we're in agreement

CyClones! CyClones e~very~wheeeeere~!
    Scott Summers' Valentine's Day gift to the people of Krakoa.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Scott Summers' Valentine's Day gift to the people of Krakoa.
    Scott - "Jean I....."
    Logan - "hey Scott where's jeannie? Did you brief her on the mission?"
    Scott-"I'm not going back in there. She and Emma were talking something about post pockets and pre pockets. Something about trying each other's version? I assumed it was some kind of clothing thing so I lef... "
    Logan - " $%;-! I told them to go by boots! Now the clone ratio is all off! THEY'RE RUINING SUMMERSTIME DAY!"*runs to Jean's room*
    Scott - "Wait........What?"

Mighty Member

Just had a strange thought. Since the whole "upload memory into body" 'resurrection' process is widely accepted, should Emma trying to revive Cyke through Tyke be accepted, too? I mean, PodClops could've very well turned out into his own person like Tyke, but Xavier chooses to overwrite / upload memories into him.
    Let your wallet talk.

Just had a strange thought. Since the whole "upload memory into body" 'resurrection' process is widely accepted, should Emma trying to revive Cyke through Tyke be accepted, too? I mean, PodClops could've very well turned out into his own person like Tyke, but Xavier chooses to overwrite / upload memories into him.
    No, because what Emma was downloading in Tyke was not Cyclops' mind, it was Emma's vision of Cyclops. What Emma would have created would be her idealized version of Cyclops, not the real Cyclops. He couldn't even have the memories that the two of them haven't shared because Emma didn't keep them. He would only have the personality that Emma sees in Cyclops.

Mighty Member

I come bearing a Tyke-centric (belated) Valentine's Day gift / drabble / fanfic~~~ Hey, it's still Valentine's Day somewhere, right??? Anyways, here's the link

My Story Was Already Told
    Let your wallet talk.

From Gerry Duggan's Twitter.
    Scott and Emma from Cable #1.
    What do you guys think she's saying?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostberg View Post
    Could be anything, but my top 3 picks are:

1) "Tell your son 'All of the Above' is not a valid option!", or
    2) "Jean stretched out my boots!", or
    3) "The Lannisters send their regards."

I'm going with #3. Cyke clearly didn't watch GoT, hence his confusion.
    Let your wallet talk.

Could be anything, but my top 3 picks are:

1) "Tell your son 'All of the Above' is not a valid option!", or
    2) "Jean stretched out my boots!", or
    3) "The Lannisters send their regards."

I'm going with #3. Cyke clearly didn't watch GoT, hence his confusion.
    Haha! I think #1 is most likely, kinda like reverse what the Cuckoos said about Emma having sweaty thoughts about Scott in Morrison's run.
    "I can't have all five of my daughters having sweaty thoughts about your son!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frostberg View Post
    'Tell your son that I don't want grandkids.'
    'You are not going to to eat that.'

Poor Scott he looks so lost. So cute seeing them together.