Page 35 of 233 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    In all fairness, it can get tiresome of seeing diversity always being thrown around as a reason why Hal can't be part of a Justice League roster. The League has had diverse members for decades, you don't lose diversity by having Hal on the team. You can always change the team members depending on the story and there's no need at all to be stuck with the usual 7 member roster. I can understand the notion that he's been around for a long time and can be seen as more limited in terms of story potential, but I never understood the diversity argument. When was the last time Hal even was a regular main JL member for an extended period of time anyway, the early 80s? That was long before entertainment culture realized the need for better representation.
    Depends on what you mean by an extended period of time. Once the original League was shuttered by Aquaman during the JLDetroit era, no one has had an uninterrupted run as a member, including Hal.

Hal was a member of the League from 1960 to the early 80s, at which point he was exiled to space, returned, then quit and clawed his way back again. During that period, John filled in a bit, before Guy took over for the Bwa-Ha-Ha JLI era.

When that ended, Hal resumed his membership and assumed leadership of the JLI until Emerald Twilight happened, then Kyle took over for a few years, then John again until Hal resumed his membership for another several years until early on in the New 52, only to return again at the end of that era for Darkseid War, after which Jessica & Simon took over for a bit until Hal returned for Metal, then passed the reins to John again. And, if we count all the big events that have taken place since Legends, Hal has been the main GL in every single big event, barring the times when he's been dead (and, even then, he often showed as the Spectre).

I can't say Hal has been underserved as a member of the League. Only Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman & Flash have more issues as a member than him.

lol Not my intention at all. Just saying that in perspective I don't think Hal fans have much to complain about regardless of what happens to the character in the future. And besides, any great character tends to show why they have the staying power that they do, so I'm certain that Hal Jordan will still be around long after DiDio's ousting.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    ...It's not even a good figure.

lol If he was a Marvel character, he would've likely been in a better place right now.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Oh, that's hilarious!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

It would be a big thing to have Hal as the main in the planned HBO series.

Hope to hear some news soon.

Brave and the Bold?

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Ugh I hate this. Batman shouldn't be able to "reverse-engineer some communication components" from the ring. It really makes the ring look trivial.

Incredible Member

lol If he was a Marvel character, he would've likely been in a better place right now.
    Yeah... He would probably have a movie trilogy now.

Incredible Member

Well... I just watched Superman Red Son animation. It's total garbage, even worse than Hush.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Well... I just watched Superman Red Son animation. It's total garbage, even worse than Hush.
    How was Hal and the other GL's handled?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Ugh I hate this. Batman shouldn't be able to "reverse-engineer some communication components" from the ring. It really makes the ring look trivial.
    Yeah, but I guess in respective it's really not that far-fetched for Batman to hack alien technology. He's supposed to be the guy who always does the impossible and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I'm guessing the GL's didn't do much more then they actually did in the comic.