Page 52 of 149 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think there are likely elements of all this in there. The Arrowverse shows all kind of have had different niches. I can see them trying to distinguish it from Supergirl initially and call back to Smallville in a sense. I also think it gives them an added element of "relevance" to current events as a hook, given they seem to be leaning into themes touching on the decline of rural American cities, agriculture, and predatory big business moving in. I would not be surprised if they move it to Metropolis in a few years once Supergirl runs its course.
    Not to mention it echoes Rebirth Superman where the emphasis was on the farmlife instead of Metropolis, which is what Action was for.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They seem to be setting Edge up as the main villain here since Supergirl has Luthor. If that script is accurate, my guess is that the AU Luthor isn't going to be Cryer. I'm curious what other villains show up since Supergirl seems to be hogging all his.
    Edge is probably going to be the b-side villain like he was on Supergirl.

Supergirl seems to be hogging Lex.

Metallo and Parasite are dead but they could Post-Crisis that away.

Toyman is a no-go but you can get around that with Prankster.

They haven't done Mongul or Brainiac. I think we'll probably see Zod at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The AU Luthor should’ve been Ultra-Humanite instead imo. He’s still got the intelligence to compete with Supes and the body hopping could provide an interesting dilemma, particularly if he targets one of Clark’s sons to take over. We still get that classic brains vs brawn Superman vs. Lex set up without using Lex. And who better to face Superman in his first season of a full blown Superman TV show than his actual first supervillain?
    I wonder how they'd do Humanite. Just have him body swap for a while until he ends up in an albino Gorilla that's basically the Solovar CG model from Flash with a big brain sticking out of it?

Astonishing Member

Once Superman's show is up and running they'll likely shift Lex there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You’re probably correct. Setting it in a small town does help differentiate it from the other Arrowverse shows which tend to be focused on cities, which is why I have mixed feelings. Starting off in Smallville will help this stand out, but I still want to get back to Metropolis eventually.
    Plus there are only so many ways you can make Vancouver look like a different city for each show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Edge is probably going to be the b-side villain like he was on Supergirl.

Supergirl seems to be hogging Lex.

Metallo and Parasite are dead but they could Post-Crisis that away.

Toyman is a no-go but you can get around that with Prankster.

They haven't done Mongul or Brainiac. I think we'll probably see Zod at some point.

I wonder how they'd do Humanite. Just have him body swap for a while until he ends up in an albino Gorilla that's basically the Solovar CG model from Flash with a big brain sticking out of it?
    I wonder if they recast Morgan Edge. The odd thing about him on Supergirl is he was never any sort of threat to Supergirl. He was mostly a Lena Luthor adversary. Which seems odd that a supporting character
    would have a villain exclusive to them.

The John Corben version of Metallo seems to be dead, but with Lena Luthor as a Metallo in an alternate reality there have been 5 other versions of Metallos in the Arrowverse so a 7th Metallo is still possible.
    And while the Rudy Jones died, there was also a second Parasite on Supergirl in season 4, so having a 3rd Parasite would too be possible.
    Basically just because a villain showed up on Supergirl doesn't mean an alternate version can't show up on Superman. And with Crisis some of them might not be dead after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I wonder if they recast Morgan Edge. The odd thing about him on Supergirl is he was never any sort of threat to Supergirl. He was mostly a Lena Luthor adversary. Which seems odd that a supporting character
    would have a villain exclusive to them.
    I don't think they used him as well as they could have on Supergirl.

The rumor is they're bringing Adrian Pasdar back (I believe he's still in Vancouver).

Having Superman face off against the guy who flies and was the voice of Iron Man is kind of amusing.

Astonishing Member

I'm crossing my fingers and toes Adrian returns as Morgan Edge.

Can’t tell if Cryer’s response is teasing him being in this or not. Leaning towards probably-hopefully?? *fingers crossed*

If Jon Cryer is also in this, it'd make me more excited to give it a chance.

Will Hoechlin finally get to exchange a single line of dialogue with his Luthor ?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I guess there's no way to know if it's the same one that's been posted online.
    Assassinate Putin!

Casting sheet.

Includes Perry and Ron Troupe.

Casting sheet.

Too bad Warner Bros. screwed themselves out of using Jimmy Olson. Can't really see James Olson returning to the Daily Planet. 1. The actor doesn't want to play the character anymore. 2. The character owns his own newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Too bad Warner Bros. screwed themselves out of using Jimmy Olson. Can't really see James Olson returning to the Daily Planet. 1. The actor doesn't want to play the character anymore. 2. The character owns his own newspaper.
    Not to mention 3. The character wasn't really a good take on Jimmy Olsen.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Not to mention 3. The character wasn't really a good take on Jimmy Olsen.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a little Post-Crisis retconning there to make James another character, thereby allowing a goofier Jimmy Olsen to appear.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Casting sheet.

Hilariously this 100% confirms the validity of that leaked script from a few weeks back.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.