Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Snowflake and Safespace?

I can't deal with Marvel right now, I'm dying
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I do like Trailblazer though, I love the idea of pulling weapons out of a magic backpack.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I actually like them as a concept. I also like the idea that they're taking ownership of terms that are usually used to insult and demean the generation they're part of.
    Same, it's actually one of the things that's pulling me to the series. I'll definitely be picking this up.

Not sure what people's issue with Screentime is. In a world with magic, robots , cyborgs, planet eaters, aliens, gods, different dimensions , demons, and different stuff some how the term internet gas ( which we don't know what it is yet) some how doesn't make sense. He's basically a super computer like Sage
    Last edited by Outburstz; 03-18-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    ... "EXPERIMENTAL INTERNET GAS" being said with a straight face and thats worse than the names...
    Yeah, that's way sillier than being bit by a radioactive spider, or (over at the other company) swallowing an explosive to keep spies from getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Wow. I mean, WOW! Marvel hasn't done anything I care for in quite a while, but THIS? Yep, I'm done. This is like breakdancing Vibe on a team scale. As others have said, it was almost what happend with skateboarding psycho Night Thrasher, as Tom DeFalco created him if Fabian Nicieza hadn't almost completely from the go ignored those things and fleshed out a complex and interesting character that defied expectations. But it could have been a skateboarding psycho. And today's market is much more merciless. They might push it to 10 or 12 issues. But this will tank so hard it'll be painful to watch. The shame of it all is that, once again, the New Warriors will be marked as "a book that doesn't sell". Neither would the Avengers if you had a book with Captain America, Iron Man and a few others act as glorified supporting cast and the team be Silver Claw, Two-Gun Kid, Demolition Man, Echo and Dr Druid (and some of these guys are actually much more thought out then what we have here. Yeah, definitely not for me.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I do like Trailblazer though, I love the idea of pulling weapons out of a magic backpack.
    I know, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, that's way sillier than being bit by a radioactive spider, or (over at the other company) swallowing an explosive to keep spies from getting it.
    It actually reminded me of the classic Jay Garrick “accidentally inhales hard water vapors” origin.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I have some good news tho.

BLEACH is getting another anime.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So, will one of their super villains be called Incel?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

yay for bleach coming back

meanwhile, internet gas, safespace, snowflake, B negative... those designs, dude in pink leotard is a "stereotypical jock".... legit like many others thought this was a troll or early April fool's joke

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    with how stupid these names and designs are, 100% can see that happening... wouldn't be shocked to see a member called cuck next

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Most of the people hitting dislike were never going to read it anyway.
    I mean, putting aside the whole dislikes... with only like 1600 likes as of right now, seems like no one was going to read this anyway
    Last edited by voidox; 03-18-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I actually like them as a concept. I also like the idea that they're taking ownership of terms that are usually used to insult and demean the generation they're part of.
    I'm surprised they don't have a member named "cuck". But with a name like that I don't even want to know what his power is lol!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

This is just the kind of news we need to hear.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Mister Orange
    "Cable was right!"

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

O' lawd stahp.

I mean�� I dont know who swallowed explosive pills but Im thinking that origin was written long before the "world wide web"
    ...was a thing...

Pheeeww.. I mean I love me some Night thrasher.

And Im up for new characters but.... were in the late phase of comics everybody reading them is tech savy...
    Thye can so better than "internet gas" narratively speaking.

I mean just say he's in an in inhuman.

Use the story-driven gas that already existed.... or not. ... I mean whatever marvel. At least the xbooks moving along
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 03-18-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Not sure what people's issue with Screentime is. In a world with magic, robots , cyborgs, planet eaters, aliens, gods, different dimensions , demons, and different stuff some how the term internet gas ( which we don't know what it is yet) some how doesn't make sense. He's basically a super computer like Sage
    'Internet gas' makes me think of the 'magic smoke' my IT roommate warns me will get out of the computer if I break the seal (and void the warranty) trying to fix it myself. I think it's a common joke among computer people...