Page 165 of 613 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I miss caption boxes too sometimes. No one did them better for Storm than Claremont. I loved the way he would capture whatever emotions she was feeling at the time or use them to describe in detail the way her powers worked.

I miss "Lightning Hair" Storm.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I have to bring to everyone's attention a conversation I had with a storm guru BBeryan. He brought to my attention some things ororo did in issue 21 of BP. He referred to he as the queen of multitasking. Not only was she causing plants to grow and tempering with the microclimates but in doing so she did the following:

- Increased temperature in some ships
    - Removed the air in some ships
    - Flash froze the people in some ships

I'm totally amazed with what Coates demonstrated ororo performing. the last time she attempted to channel so much energies in space it nearly killed her. her gift of godhead is one that is truly awe inspiring!
    I read the temperature increase and the lack of air being connected--meaning the temperature increased because she shut off air to the ships. As for the freezing part, I didn't get that part from the image. I'm not saying that's not what happened but, it would've been clearer if the artist had drawn ice cicles, coming from the alien instead. But, I guess, as you mentioned, the blue was probably meant to demonstrate the alien had been frozen in place, which was juxtaposed with the red on N'Jadaka's ship. All told, though, her powers were well used but not so much where the story ended with her defeating BP's foe. She can't be One Punch Man in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    And this is the reason I miss caption boxes

Caption boxes can add depth to a story, which I appreciate. They can also slow a story down, depending on the info they convey.

BANNED

Yeah, I agree. It sure would be nice if we got explanations on what’s going on now and then.

I miss "Lightning Hair" Storm.
    I wanna see her breathing Fire and Ice again. Lol she sounds like some Dragon

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

caption boxes would be nice. it would end a lot of the debate we as posters tend to have.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I love when people drop me some JenBar.
    Can't wait to see her work on both Giant Size.
    I wonder if Coates is finally leaving for that Storm solo we've been begging for.
    by the goddess I hope so.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

[
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I read the temperature increase and the lack of air being connected--meaning the temperature increased because she shut off air to the ships. As for the freezing part, I didn't get that part from the image. I'm not saying that's not what happened but, it would've been clearer if the artist had drawn ice cicles, coming from the alien instead. But, I guess, as you mentioned, the blue was probably meant to demonstrate the alien had been frozen in place, which was juxtaposed with the red on N'Jadaka's ship. All told, though, her powers were well used but not so much where the story ended with her defeating BP's foe. She can't be One Punch Man in this story.
    I originally thought it was just one thing (power going off resulting in them hosting up) happening but after reassessing what she said about accessing the microclimates and also looking at the ship crash and the next panel the guy appears frozen while the others are moving it appears she was doing multiple things at different times (turn of power, removing their air, freezing, and heating). I think that is why the man with shuri was so amazed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

No Storm but this does show who Bast will be working with:

No Storm but this does show who Bast will be working with:

A good preview. It follows what we thought. This issue will likely be split between what's happening on the ship and T'Challa's quest. It may also show Ororo and Shuri's return to Earth.

A good preview. It follows what we thought. This issue will likely be split between what's happening on the ship and T'Challa's quest. It may also show Ororo and Shuri's return to Earth.
    yea boo you definitely called this one. I'm curious how coates is going to close this out.

yea boo you definitely called this one. I'm curious how coates is going to close this out.
    I'm also curious. I think it will have to do with T'Challa restoring the memories of the people of the 5 galaxies. As Bast said, they are an empire of enslaved people. To win, they have to free the people, I think. Do you know if BP will be going on hiatus after issue #25? I can't imagine, with the success of the BP movie and the second coming out in 2 years, that the comic would be cancelled.

I'm also curious. I think it will have to do with T'Challa restoring the memories of the people of the 5 galaxies. As Bast said, they are an empire of enslaved people. To win, they have to free the people, I think. Do you know if BP will be going on hiatus after issue #25? I can't imagine, with the success of the BP movie and the second coming out in 2 years, that the comic would be cancelled.

hmmmm you make a great point about the empire of enslaved people. and no I dont. i would imagine it would get a reboot with another writer but it's too early to say now

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1584849564562

I know it's oldie but it's still a Goodie.
    Rereading this make me hope some of these elements are used for MCU Storm.

Gambit&Storm- however they want to do this

Morlocks. -Something I would love to see on screen.

Powerless. - Also something I would like to see. Hopefully they pull this off and have her repowered before Wanda HoM MCU moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1584849564562

I know it's oldie but it's still a Goodie.
    Rereading this make me hope some of these elements are used for MCU Storm.

Gambit&Storm- however they want to do this

Morlocks. -Something I would love to see on screen.

Powerless. - Also something I would like to see. Hopefully they pull this off and have her repowered before Wanda HoM MCU moment.
    I'm so ready to see what storm in the mcu will be like.

BANNED

Embrace the Rain by Jeff Dekal

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Embrace the Rain by Jeff Dekal

Wow. What a beautiful variant.