Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No more Outlawed tie-in? Or it will just be subtle.

Ahmed is the first writer to use Scarlet Spider since Spidergeddon, maybe he has a fondness for clones.
    Well if it is a clone storyline, the cline could be framing Miles and causing more trouble with CRADLE

Yo, I haven't read marvel in a year and I want to catch up on Miles. Anything with Miles in it worth a read besides his solo?
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    Yo, I haven't read marvel in a year and I want to catch up on Miles. Anything with Miles in it worth a read besides his solo?
    I think his only alternatives are Spider-verse comic and a "The End" one shot.

There's also Champions?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think his only alternatives are Spider-verse comic and a "The End" one shot.
    Champion is more essential than those two

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Champion is more essential than those two
    Champions is definitely a must read but I would recommend starting at issue #19 which was a soft re-launch and was when Jim Zub took over writing duties.

While I generally like most of what Mark Waid writes (his Doctor Strange work right now is incredible), he tends to, whether consciously or subconsciously, play favorites when it comes to team books, and he did NOT do Miles any justice with the way he wrote the character (with the exception of the two secret war tie-in issues).

Jim Zub on the other hand did a fantastic job with the book, most likely thanks to his prior experience writing many team/ensemble comics like Wayward, and Dungeons & Dragons. Each member gets their time to shine and Miles actually feels like a core member of the team and not like he was just put there for comic relief like how Waid was writing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Champions is definitely a must read but I would recommend starting at issue #19 which was a soft re-launch and was when Jim Zub took over writing duties.

While I generally like most of what Mark Waid writes (his Doctor Strange work right now is incredible), he tends to, whether consciously or subconsciously, play favorites when it comes to team books, and he did NOT do Miles any justice with the way he wrote the character (with the exception of the two secret war tie-in issues).

Jim Zub on the other hand did a fantastic job with the book, most likely thanks to his prior experience writing many team/ensemble comics like Wayward, and Dungeons & Dragons. Each member gets their time to shine and Miles actually feels like a core member of the team and not like he was just put there for comic relief like how Waid was writing him.
    Waid just has problems writing Spider-Man. And he was always an odd fit to write a teen hero team, although I liked him on the Archie books.

Incredible Member

There's also Spider-Geddon. Gets a pretty noteworthy feather in his cap by the end of it.

Waid just has problems writing Spider-Man. And he was always an odd fit to write a teen hero team, although I liked him on the Archie books.
    Huh? It's not like it was the first time he wrote teenagers - he created Impulse for DC.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? It's not like it was the first time he wrote teenagers - he created Impulse for DC.
    I know, but he was much younger then.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Again I do believe Waid is a great writer when he's working a character's solo books (another shameless plug to his run on the Doctor Strange solo book). I just don't think he can write team books very well. He has a habit of playing favorites while sacrificing character depth of other members. And yes he is notorious of doing this to Spider-Man in said team books, both Miles and Peter. Not sure how he might handle them in solo books but that's a question I really don't want the answer to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    With Outlawed about to be a thing, I don't think any teen hero is going to be apart of the Avengers anytime soon.

Speaking of, how old is Robbie Reyes is supposed to be?
    I've always been unsure about Robbie's age. I think he was in high school but he acted likae he was emancipated since he was taking care of his brother all on his own. So 18-ish, probably?

17. There have been timeskips in his solo, so at most he'd be 18, but he's still in high school. So still likely 17, since that's the last his age has been referenced as.

Thing is, Robbie is very mature for his age, with a very strong sense of responsibility that includes a very strong work ethic. He'd mostly been a straight-edge kinda guy prior to the choice he made to street race on that fateful night. Additionally, his maturity shines through not only in his self-diligence, but also in his personality and outlook (not many in the way of friends his own age, namely 'cause he's not about to put up with the nonsense prevalent from those around him; an aside to an aside, but that aspect was what made the Battle World Robbie mini so interesting, since he and Gabe were tight with those who are completely antagonistic to the Reyes in the main continuity), along with his sense of style (part of the contrast Robbie had with Guero included the former's wardrobe preferences of darker and more form-fitting clothing to the latter's lighter color scheme and lose-fitting, baggy attire).

All these elements make him seem like he's older than he really. He's had to grow up fast, but he's still pretty young.

Sorry for the off-topic; I just wanted to try and add some perspective on the earlier Robbie's age point and why he seems older than he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    17. There have been timeskips in his solo, so at most he'd be 18, but he's still in high school. So still likely 17, since that's the last his age has been referenced as.

Thing is, Robbie is very mature for his age, with a very strong sense of responsibility that includes a very strong work ethic. He'd mostly been a straight-edge kinda guy prior to the choice he made to street race on that fateful night. Additionally, his maturity shines through not only in his self-diligence, but also in his personality and outlook (not many in the way of friends his own age, namely 'cause he's not about to put up with the nonsense prevalent from those around him; an aside to an aside, but that aspect was what made the Battle World Robbie mini so interesting, since he and Gabe were tight with those who are completely antagonistic to the Reyes in the main continuity), along with his sense of style (part of the contrast Robbie had with Guero included the former's wardrobe preferences of darker and more form-fitting clothing to the latter's lighter color scheme and lose-fitting, baggy attire).

All these elements make him seem like he's older than he really. He's had to grow up fast, but he's still pretty young.

Sorry for the off-topic; I just wanted to try and add some perspective on the earlier Robbie's age point and why he seems older than he really is.
    Pretty spot on take on how a person can seem older than they actually are depending on how they "handle" themselves. I remember when I was in my late teens and my mom told me the next door neighbor thought I was in my early 20's due to how she saw me handle myself.

Pretty sure the only reason this might not apply to Miles is because he has a youthful face with no facial hair. He has the same maturity as Robbie but the facial hair helps make it harder to gauge his age range.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Pretty spot on take on how a person can seem older than they actually are depending on how they "handle" themselves. I remember when I was in my late teens and my mom told me the next door neighbor thought I was in my early 20's due to how she saw me handle myself.

Pretty sure the only reason this might not apply to Miles is because he has a youthful face with no facial hair. He has the same maturity as Robbie but the facial hair helps make it harder to gauge his age range.
    Not to mention nobody really knew Peter was a teenager back when he started out, and he had similar responsibilities to Robbie of having to basically take care of his entire family at 16.

New pic from Carmen Carnero's Instagram and Twitter account. If you look at this and feel no love then you have given yourself away replicant human.