Page 70 of 233 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3481

Does also fits with Nightwing. I kind of wondered would Damian fit better as Dick's sidekick?

I think Damian could absolutely work in traditional Robin stories. They just don't try
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think one Problem is that Damian doesn't really work for the type of Robin stories they did with Dick and Tim, which were usually a mix of (more or less) street level crimefighting and high school/collage drama.

He fits really better into something like Super Sons or Teen titans where he can go on crazy adventures. I mean ROSB was also pretty over the top for a Robin book.
    Their are so many heroes running around Gotham thease days he doesn’t need to be their, he is one of batman lieutenants he comes by when needed

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I think Damian could absolutely work in traditional Robin stories. They just don't try
    Yeah, it's not like he's demon spawn 100% all the time. It will be fun seeing him trying to blend into normal school and teenage life. He won't do it voluntarily, but if there's someone to protect, if he can be made to think it's part of a mission, he'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Is traditional Robin stories what we want with Damian though?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Is traditional Robin stories what we want with Damian though?
    Occasionally, sure.

It could be fun seeing Damian in a traditional Robin role now and then.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Occasionally, sure.

Yeah I miss the classic Batman and Robin schtick at times. And there's no reason Damian can't fulfill it unless he's written as a one-dimensional character.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I wouldn't mind. The thing is DC wants to make meet a jerk. Sure he should this be a jerk but more light

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yeah, it's not like he's demon spawn 100% all the time. It will be fun seeing him trying to blend into normal school and teenage life. He won't do it voluntarily, but if there's someone to protect, if he can be made to think it's part of a mission, he'll do it.
    Maybe but I don't see that working as the default setting for an 100+ issue run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Occasionally, sure.

But part of the point of Damian is that he isn’t your traditional Robin. Telling traditional Robin stories with him kind of defeats the purpose.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-30-2020 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Maybe but I don't see that working as the default setting for an 100+ issue run.
    It doesn't have to be a 100+ issue run

It doesn't even have to be the default setting. it could vary.

Some stories set during WestReeves term time- stories about Damian trying to blend into a normal school life. Personally I prefer the way Tomasi and Gotham Academy handled it. Not even attempting and class mates disliking him for being a smarty pants then develop a little from there.

He's still forced to because shenanigans or some to save.

Summer break could be Robin stories where he teams up with batman, visits Nightwing but they end up teaming up to do hero work because shenanigans.
    Damian bored looking for crime with Goliath and bumping into Maya or maps [bring her back] leading to crime fighting.

This gives a break from the default setting and allows for whatever type of story in any setting.

i don't want just school/teen adventures. I enjoy them but prefer the RSOB type adventures so it'd be nice to mix it up. incorporating the variety of themes that can be explore with the character.
    I even want stories with his pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    But part of the point of Damian is that he isn’t your traditional Robin. Telling traditional Robin stories with him kind of defeats the purpose.
    Eh, I enjoy the contrast.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I see it creating another Nightwing or Red Hood situation. Conforming the character with traditional traps so they can more easily produce another fodder book for a traditional style, boring old creator, no one would give the time of day anymore if they didn’t make their work a character’s only option.

To me it’s not a question of could they, but should they. And imo they should not. It’s a trap Damian would be better off to avoid.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-30-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Oh it's definitely not something I want to see with Damian all the time. Just once in a while. Seeley did that short arc with Damian and Dr. Hurt, and Damian largely filled the sidekick role there. And it was fun, and didn't damage Damian at all.

That's all I want to see. Just a short arc every few years where Damian partners up with Dick (or Bruce, for that matter).

Likewise, I sometimes want to see a fun story about Batman, instead of pulp, horror, etc. I don't want a return to Batman 66, but I don't mind a brief visit now and then either. As long as it's brief, and we only visit occasionally.

~ Black Panther.

Ric is DC Reddit's Character of the Month, LoL.