Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DCEU Superman/Wonder Woman Photography by Derek McHenry:

"Superman and Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XzpvoA3Z3/

"Wonder Woman vs. Superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XCZtigQEc/

"Superman and Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XzNXqg0zI/

Happy Sunday, my friends! May God bless us all! Please take care, keep quarantine as much as you can, help the oldest and most needy, exercise qualities that make us greater, such as charity, solidarity and love! Let us show planet Earth, Mother Nature and our Creator that we deserve to live in the paradise that They gave us.

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
    ― Bill Keane

"My wife and I are wishing MANY and VERY happy belated birthday wishes to our buddy @ollieishandsome! 🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎐🎈
    I know that, even with the current circumstances, your birthday was filled with TONS of unconditional love and joy
    Wishing you MANY more
    You will always be handsome on the outside and especially on the inside
    All three figures manufactured by the talented folks at @qmxinsider
    Follow @bradmos28 for more Geeky content]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------🌟🌟🌟🌟ALWAYS have HOPE!🌟🌟🌟🌟"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-kGLJKh..._web_copy_link

"Súper héroes #superheroes #comicstrip #wonderwan #batgirl #superman "

https://www.instagram.com/p/B85Xe5kA..._web_copy_link

"Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you. – Walter Winchell"

A power couple is made of two equal partners who complement each other and whose relationship is based on mutual respect and appreciation. In a loving couple, there is no competition, only collaboration.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    As with anything SMWW, adapting “Power Couple” would be a game changer. But we don’t need the limitations. Quite honestly, DC doesn’t need it either, given how this has came about. Still in shock with the fact that everything that was actually forced in and set to undermine SMWW didn’t work as expected.

I’ve said, Project A-ko should be remastered. DK3/Golden Child should be adapted as well. Even “League of One” is great with anime style.
    Hyper-realistic 3D animation for League of One. 😜

Bold: Also warped perspective. Wasn’t that a bait and switch in the first place? And Clark basically wussing out? This was totally different from that because this Clark was suppose to have confidence, sure of himself and his heritage. Clark and Diana within these movies were already in a serious relationship, passed all that. But, in order to break them up, Clark had to regress back to acting like he is and only wants to be a “normal human” (what that suppose to be) and Diana has to act like she didn’t understand the ID. 🙃
    I think it was fine for the kind of characterization that SM had post-COIE. Still the idea that SM is scared and unable to date a woman who isn't a powerless white American isn't true to the history of the character. He was fine even with alien women back during pre-Crisis as well as him being comfortable at living also as Superman and Kal-El. Being just the human Clark wanting to live an ordinary life was a post-COIE deconstruction and shouldn't be treated as the only way SM could be written.

Also, recall that he was a fan of the classics and know the characters especially Wonder Woman...but what exactly define classics and knowing the characters? The amount of fan support of this pair is being purposely ignored. It’s not only revisionism within years of in-story but fan reception as well.
    How you can claim to know characters with multiple contradictory portraits across their history? Or you embrace all or you are just cherry picking.

Acknowledging that SM/WW has many fans but they shouldn't matter because they are supposed to be just "new" fans is just 🙄.

Honestly I believe it wasn’t expected, the amount of support and success so had to back track fast.
    In comics, DC wanted it to succeed and being picked for adaptions. They weren't wasting time to promoting and sabotaging it at the same time, lol. It was approved by WB and DC to get something out it.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yes! But not like Batman Ninja.

More like the anime movie Blood-C: The Last Dark

I think it was fine for the kind of characterization that SM had post-COIE. Still the idea that SM is scared and unable to date a woman who isn't a powerless white American isn't true to the history of the character. He was fine even with alien women back during pre-Crisis as well as him being comfortable at living also as Superman and Kal-El. Being just the human Clark wanting to live an ordinary life was a post-COIE deconstruction and shouldn't be treated as the only way SM could be written.
    It’s fine for that version but not all versions.

Bold: That seems to define what it means to be human, relatable and accepted for Superman and Wonder Woman. They have to be romantically link to powerless white Americans and if they not, they are emotionless Gods that don’t know, can’t relate to humanity. It’s a xenophobic and racist narrative that has been pushed way too far and romanticized.

Obviously it has done more harm than good given Superman and Wonder Woman are still stagnant and limited with storytelling. The irony is that both even when written this way, especially Superman with the “normal” life given on a platter and silver spoon fed is still seen as unrelatble, boring and irrelevant.

As we see daily, SMWW is being supported and resonates with both new and older fans because it embraces diversity which in reality, that’s what’s happening. People are unapologetically embracing and celebrating, who they are and their beliefs, creating their own unique normal. Superman and Wonder Woman are suppose to represent that. To say that that is wrong is shameful.

How you can claim to know characters with multiple contradictory portraits across their history? Or you embrace all or you are just cherry picking.
    They know what they want accept and cherry pick what fits their bias narrative.

Acknowledging that SM/WW has many fans but they shouldn't matter because they are supposed to be just "new" fans is just 🙄.
    Unprofessional, childish, and rude. But also dumb and counterproductive because not all of the older fans like the same thing. If that was the case, Superman wouldn’t be in such a middling state. And DC is seeking “new” fans anyway so how is that a bad thing????

In comics, DC wanted it to succeed and being picked for adaptions. They weren't wasting time to promoting and sabotaging it at the same time, lol. It was approved by WB and DC to get something out it.
    Are you sure? Because the whole hinting of a break up somewhere or SMWW being together may cause destruction doesn’t seem like wanting it to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Happy Sunday, my friends! May God bless us all! Please take care, keep quarantine as much as you can, help the oldest and most needy, exercise qualities that make us greater, such as charity, solidarity and love! Let us show planet Earth, Mother Nature and our Creator that we deserve to live in the paradise that They gave us.

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
    ― Bill Keane
    Happy Sunday! Well said Deia.

"Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you. – Walter Winchell"

A power couple is made of two equal partners who complement each other and whose relationship is based on mutual respect and appreciation. In a loving couple, there is no competition, only collaboration.

This! So much this!
    This is exactly what SMWW is about. The fans get it, and continue to show it.
    Pushing back against that ugly and twisted narrative that two powerful and loving characters being together is somehow a bad thing. Or that Wonder Woman being with Superman somehow diminishes her because he is powerful...🙄
    Even better, Superman being with a powerful, formidable and compassionate woman like Wonder Woman suddenly makes him want to be a dictator. 😒
    The fans continue to speak on and highlight the qualities that make SMWW an admirable and desired pairing and it is beautiful to see.

Yes!
    This video comes to mind.
    I would love to see League of One done in this animation style. Spirit of Truth also. It would be breathtaking to see it adopted in a similar fashion.

Looking back now, I don't know if I can even agree that it was fine at all.
    But as for the bold parts...co-signed.
    I believe I've spoken my thoughts on this before. LoveStar captures my sentiments below.

Bold: That seems to define what it means to be human, relatable and accepted for Superman and Wonder Woman. They have to be romantically link to powerless white Americans and if they not, they are emotionless Gods that don’t know, can’t relate to humanity. It’s a xenophobic and racist narrative that has been pushed way too far and romanticized.

Obviously it has done more harm than good given Superman and Wonder Woman are still stagnant and limited with storytelling. The irony is that both even when written this way, especially Superman with the “normal” life given on a platter and silver spoon fed is still seen as unrelatble, boring and irrelevant.

As we see daily, SMWW is being supported and resonates with both new and older fans because it embraces diversity which in reality, that’s what’s happening. People are unapologetically embracing and celebrating, who they are and their beliefs, creating their own unique normal. Superman and Wonder Woman are suppose to represent that. To say that that is wrong is shameful.
    This, but especially the bold part.
    But when you think about it, it's very on brand. How often do people of color, or those from cultural backgrounds different from 'American Culture' (whatever that is in a country of people from many different backgrounds), often get overlooked, passed over, diminished for their whiter American counterparts to shine? Or oftentimes, they get their work/ideas stolen only for their white counterparts to get the credit and accolades.

Work twice as hard to get half as much. This is something that has been recognized by often marginalized groups. Given such precedence, it is not that surprising that Wonder Woman often gets sidelined or used as a mouthpiece to promote/praise the said powerless white woman who is constantly elevated to the point of being stated to be more important than Wonder Woman. Very much in line with the xenophobic, prejudiced narrative.

Nonetheless, it is very telling that fans of SMWW come from such diverse backgrounds and range in age, despite the narrative that it's only younger fans who like them. The fandom has shown and stated many times what draws them to the pair, and until those within the company stop operating on their own ill advised bias, there is going to continue to be a disconnect. We know the value of Superman and Wonder Woman, and once upon a time, DC got it somewhat.
    Last edited by LadyP; 04-05-2020 at 12:44 PM.

How can anyone think that a person like me, who loves SMWW, who has read comics for over 40 years is a "new fan"? Dear ones at my age, I'm only called "new" when my husband messes up, when my grandson wants something or when a salesman wants to sell me something I don't want! I like SMWW, I have seen them both dancing around since the 70s and yes, SMWW together is something unique, inevitable and expected!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    This, but especially the bold part.
    But when you think about it, it's very on brand. How often do people of color, or those from cultural backgrounds different from 'American Culture' (whatever that is in a country of people from many different backgrounds), often get overlooked, passed over, diminished for their whiter American counterparts to shine? Or oftentimes, they get their work/ideas stolen only for their white counterparts to get the credit and accolades.

Work twice as hard to get half as much. This is something that has been recognized by often marginalized groups. Given such precedence, it is not that surprising that Wonder Woman often gets sidelined or used as a mouthpiece to promote/praise the said powerless white woman who is constantly elevated to the point of being stated to be more important than Wonder Woman. Very much in line with the xenophobic, prejudiced narrative.

Nonetheless, it is very telling that fans of SMWW come from such diverse backgrounds and range in age, despite the narrative that it's only younger fans who like them. The fandom has shown and stated many times what draws them to the pair, and until those within the company stop operating on their own ill advised bias, there is going to continue to be a disconnect. We know the value of Superman and Wonder Woman, and once upon a time, DC got it somewhat.

LadyP and LoveStar... 2 ladies that that I admire very, very much for telling truths!

Last edited by Deiasilva10; 04-05-2020 at 03:04 PM.

SuperWonder Purim 2020

“Purim 2020 🎉”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9mKRhTlEMs/

“Might be Clark Kent. Maybe Superman. She's my Wonder Woman🦸🏻
    We wish you all happy Purim”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9mUncXA87h/

“Purim2020...🦸*♂️🦸*♀️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9kAFc1Bt6j/

“I'm in love! 😍😍😍 #Purim 2020"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9eDr_Gg5x2/

"My super heroes ❤ #purim2020🎭"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9e55n8BeyJ/

"My super heroes ❤ #HappyPurim #wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9jiWMmBGla/

“We are Super Heroes!
    Purim 2020 👺”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9mILBwgkMj/

“Purim 2020 🎉”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9mKRhTlEMs/

"SUPER Family 🦸🏻*♀️🦸🏻*♂️🦸🏻🦸🏻 #purim2020"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9hZCI2jecE/

^^^Happy belated Purim. 😜

Yes! But not like Batman Ninja.

More like the anime movie Blood-C: The Last Dark
    I like that.

It’s fine for that version but not all versions.

It's mostly a SM's problem due to the shift in focus to Clark Kent, and his Superman/Kal-El side being de-empathized since the 80s. Making SM mundane is missing the point of the character or the appeal of superheroes in general.

Even Bendis implied in an interview that writing Supes as an ordinary dude Rebirth-style was a disservice to the character and shook up things. Still far to see SM being treated as comfortable to date a non-powerless, non-American woman like Diana though. 😅

Exactly.

Are you sure? Because the whole hinting of a break up somewhere or SMWW being together may cause destruction doesn’t seem like wanting it to succeed.
    I'm sure. 😅 In solicits, it's hinted everytime of the main hero dying or the worst **** happening, it really means nothing. It's to caught the readers' attention.

Yes!
    I would love to see League of One done in this animation style. Spirit of Truth also. It would be breathtaking to see it adopted in a similar fashion.
    That's a good animation style.

Looking back now, I don't know if I can even agree that it was fine at all.
    But as for the bold parts...co-signed.
    I believe I've spoken my thoughts on this before. LoveStar captures my sentiments below.
    It's fine for me because it fits that particular versions of SM and WW at that stage of their lives. But it wouldn't make any sense with the more classic takes on them or any others based on the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    How can anyone think that a person like me, who loves SMWW, who has read comics for over 40 years is a "new fan"? Dear ones at my age, I'm only called "new" when my husband messes up, when my grandson wants something or when a salesman wants to sell me something I don't want! I like SMWW, I have seen them both dancing around since the 70s and yes, SMWW together is something unique, inevitable and expected!
    SuperWonder has a multi-generational and varied fanbase.

I should fall into the same category of core DC readers whose Rebirth was pandering to, those who thought that Green Arrow needs his goatee, characters/teams should have x history/origin and stuff like that. Go figure. 🙃

Incredible Member

Do you mean the Empyre tie-in?

Nah, there's no risk about that happening. Why? Doesn't make sense. lol. 😂

About Waid's being apologetic for KC... it's not his story (he wrote it but it's all Ross' idea/plot) and he has likely been guilt-tripped about SM/WW in KC. He'll have no problem writing the Squadron's SM/WW equivalents.
    That's the one and yeah, hopefully waid will stick true to the source material.

I heard that too. Marvel is developing a Squadron Supreme project. It's still unknown if it's for movies or tv-series.

Btw, Feige should attempt the ultimate trolling and cast Cavill and Gadot look-alike as their SM/WW rip-offs. 😜
    That would be fantastic, if DC won't use Henry at the least then he could be used elsewhere. And maybe with someone who he could have some on screen chemistry with...

Some recent comics panels...

Kal and Diana's romance is referenced in today's Wonder Woman #754 (2nd panel):

https://i.imgur.com/JRr2cEZ.jpg

From Superman: Heroes #1, Diana on Superman revealing his secret ID to the world:

https://i.imgur.com/VSvV5Fq.jpg

Lastly, a brief exchange in Superman #21 (Diana is back calling him Kal under Bendis lately):

https://i.imgur.com/X6MAGAn.jpg
    My word it's back to the "it happened" status which makes me happy that Dan Jurgens knows as much about continuity as the rest of us and from the screenshots there it seems to have ended better then what Rucka forced on the characters. Who knows, maybe one day we will get a explanation as to what happened which will be better then either doubters could come up with?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Always love some ed benes art, maybe he can work for dc again. Glad he still draws these two together.

Incredible Member

Yes!
    This looks better then most of the animation they release nowadays, definitely better then injustice. Would be great to see a kingdom come movie like this.

Thinking back I remember a interview with one of the creators that said that only wonder woman's call could bring superman back to earth from outer space.