Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Ruggs is the first WR of the draft taken. A huge deal to be t a cities first ever draft pick. He had better not bomb.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

First receiver is off the board as the Raiders took Henry Ruggs III at #12.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    First receiver is off the board as the Raiders took Henry Ruggs III at #12.
    Somehow the team doing that is not a surprise in the least.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Denver is on the clock. I suspect they’ll pick the second receiver, probably Lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ruggs is the first WR of the draft taken. A huge deal to be t a cities first ever draft pick. He had better not bomb.
    The Ghost Al Davis is haunting Gruden lol

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Denver is on the clock. I suspect they’ll pick the second receiver, probably Lamb.
    They took Jeudy

DUDE there is a chance that CeeDee could fall to the Raiders...again
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I thought Bruce Arians had the set up of the night, sending in picks from the laptop on the patio. Jerry Jones though is out here on the set of 2001 A Space Oddesy.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

They took Jeudy

Dallas took Lamb. ****! I was hoping he’d fall to the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

They took Jeudy

Nope. Cowboys took him at #17.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well Green Bay has sent a message. Aaron Rogers has maybe 2 seasons left.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well Green Bay has sent a message. Aaron Rogers has maybe 2 seasons left.

Rodgers sat 3 years behind Farve. Rodgers is the same age Farve was when they drafted him. Also Love was drafted a few picks after where Rodgers was. They don’t think he’ll physically last as long as pocket QB’s like Brady and Brees

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Nope. Cowboys took him at #17.

-M
    My tinfoil hat theory of the morning: Dallas took Lamb to placate Dak Prescott by giving him a top college receiver to throw to, hoping he'll see reason and sign a new deal with the Cowgirls.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post

Rodgers sat 3 years behind Farve. Rodgers is the same age Farve was when they drafted him. Also Love was drafted a few picks after where Rodgers was. They don’t think he’ll physically last as long as pocket QB’s like Brady and Brees
    One analyst believes its gonna be 2. The Packers from what he claims can not worry about a big cap hit by 2022. As he believes he won't start after a season ala Mahomes but he will start before Rogers did in waiting 3. Then his contract deal came up next.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I wasn't pleased with KC's draft pick. The team clearly needs to load up on defense. They don't need even more offense. They could have waited to draft a RB in middle rounds like they found the last 2 big star RB's they had.

One analyst claims that Clyde Edwards-Helaire will make fans see Priest Holmes again. That he's gonna be great catching passes and causing headaches for teams that way. Of course he said Edwards-Helaire needs to work on pass blocking 1st.

Overall I'm in wait and see mode right now.

So watching the classic 2005 "Caught in the Draft" which examines a few stories. One being Aaron Rogers (weird to see that now). Anyhow we get some funny moments and one is the Detroit Lions.

- Matt Millen's son was working in the office with his father who was GM of the Lions then. Well his son details how him and his father both said if the draft falls the way they want they will select Demarcus Ware (DE). A stud DE as his son claims who could change that entire defense. So watching the draft is falling EXACTLY where they want. There is Ware. Steve Mariucci was head coach and even wanted Ware or someone that could fill a hole on the team.

So as Millen's son claims someone in the room brings up Mike Williams (WR) who was on the board but a possible big play WR. Others bring up how Williams could pair with the other Williams to create an explosive offense. Millen's son is stunned as he is like..we wanted Ware and he watched as his father decided to listen to others. Millen reflected later in the special and admits he should have made his own decision. In the video during the draft even Mariucci looks like he doesn't want to defend the pick. He didn't want Mike Williams either he admits.

Also this was the 3rd straight WR the Lions had drafted in the 1st rd. So yeah...pretty funny.

- The story with the Jaguars drafting Matt Jones is shown. Jones was a college QB but the Jaguars saw his speed at the scouting Combine where he ran a 4.37 , his size (6'6) and leaving as the college teams leading rusher as QB and selected him to play WR. A move that stunned everyone but the move seemingly started to work for them. Jack Del Rio brings up the athletic gifts that Jones had but his off field issues ruined it. He never played a down after 2008 due to substance abuse issues and the Jaguars cut him due to that.

- Cleveland is brought up and how this draft didn't have top 10 talent that anyone wanted to trade up for. In fact as Phil Savage (Ex-Cleveland GM) jokes during the draft Nick Saben (Miami HC) called and it was his 1st draft and he was picking ahead. So he calls to ask if they wanna flip picks and come up as Savage goes , there is no one we want to really move up for. A rumor started they wanted Alex Smith but Savage claims its false. They never had talks with 49ers about that.

- As brought up all the 1st rd WR's taken in 2005 were busts....except for Roddy White who was the last WR selected in that draft. He had the longest career and over 10,000+ career receiving yards. (In fact if you add up all 5 WR's selected before White , he nearly eclipses all their yards combined !

What was the point of Miami moving back for, basically for an extra round 4 pick? I could see for a 2, but the missed a good LB (that they need) with that swap.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!