Page 60 of 105 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Hey! Hope everyone is staying safe!

Looks like comics will start shipping to shops again. Excalibur #10 out June 10?

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...s-comic-shops/

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    Hey! Hope everyone is staying safe!

Looks like comics will start shipping to shops again. Excalibur #10 out June 10?

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...s-comic-shops/
    Lego!!! Hiiii!!!! How ya been?!

Well I guess this is good news ... kinda?

Was REALLY hoping for a more accelerated schedule than what they're putting out. Hopefully Excalibur #10 will show some improvements to make it worth the wait. Really feels like this will cause a lot of these DoX books to lose momentum. And I'm bummed to not be getting CotA or X-Factor sooner.

I've been really hitting up some TPBs in the meantime. Going to start the Mike Carey Mauraders TPB which covers that big slice of time after Blood of Apocalypse and RIGHT before Messiah Complex with the Supernovas arc and then later that nice Mike Choi issue with a sort of reunited Romy ... does it count as a reunion given Rogue was mostly unconscious?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I've been really hitting up some TPBs in the meantime. Going to start the Mike Carey Mauraders TPB which covers that big slice of time after Blood of Apocalypse and RIGHT before Messiah Complex with the Supernovas arc and then later that nice Mike Choi issue with a sort of reunited Romy ... does it count as a reunion given Rogue was mostly unconscious?
    That's a beautiful issue.

Ugh. I miss Carey's X-Men so damn much.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...eadpool-3/amp/

WGTC are telling that Disney can make a Gambit R rated movie if Deadpool 3 is a success.

I don't believe it. I think correct rumour is from a different source about D+ series for Gambit.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-03-2020 at 09:17 AM.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Ugh. I miss Carey's X-Men so damn much.
    If only he hadn’t fucked it all up at the end with the Rogue/Magneto bullshit, he would have had a solid run. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    If only he hadnÂ’t fucked it all up at the end with the Rogue/Magneto bullshit, he would have had a solid run. Ah well.
    Uhhhh, yeah. It's a shame. Truly it is. I didn't read these back when they came out and had only spot filled in for these issues.

So this TPB was a pretty great read. A wild range of artists from Bachalo, JRJR, and Choi. Rogue has a particular darkness and bitterness here understandably, yet she's creative, confident and decisive as a team leader. The Children of the Vault arc seems particularly relevant right now. Carey displays a really solid understanding of Rogue and Gambit's histories in this early work. Like he clearly read Gambit '99 and others. We get call backs to Quiet Bill, the Witness, the Momentary Princess! It's interesting how Gambit comes back on the scene aligned with the Mauraders and nobody seems surprised. I wonder what Rogue would have done had she not been ill and unconscious. But his soliloquy apologizing to her is simply beautiful. And it triggers her memories with that amazing splash page, again showing deep knowledge of their 90's history, and prompts her briefly out of the coma. Love that scene. Then Mystique enters and it all weaves so deliciously into Messiah Complex. The fact we never got clear resolution on how Remy finally overcame and buried the death persona later ... how that plot thread just got dropped ... is frustrating among OTHER more frustrating things that came later. Truly a writer I could love if not for that one asterisk.

Anywho ... worth the read!

BTW, go check out the live draw of Romy with Marcus To from today:

https://twitter.com/marcusto/status/...070077953?s=19

Seriously his art is mostly what's keeping me on board for Excalibur these days.

BTW, go check out the live draw of Romy with Marcus To from today:

https://twitter.com/marcusto/status/...070077953?s=19

Seriously his art is mostly what's keeping me on board for Excalibur these days.
    Singularly, here.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Going through my tumblr likes and I re-discovered this piece. Man, I love casual Rogue and Gambit

tumblr_p2sghxDjGe1txn1qro1_540.jpg

Artist's Tumblr
    Make Good Art

Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Nice!!! Always down for a Rogue with big, wild hair.

So I saw this Kris Anka commission pop up on Tumblr and it's so frickin adorable:

54e51311-6964-4b0c-8f83-1151a334c8c6.jpg

Which cat do you think this is? My vote is Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Very cool! I love how he stayed true to Gambit's classic costume while still adding several tweaks to make it his own. I don't care what anyone says, Gambit's classic costume will always be his best and can still be made to work in today's comics(especially with minor changes as is demonstrated in this sketch).

So I saw this Kris Anka commission pop up on Tumblr and it's so frickin adorable:

Another great sketch! I love Anka's art. And yeah that is definitely Oliver.

Nice!!! Always down for a Rogue with big, wild hair.

Awwww, yeah definitely agree on Oliver. I love Anka's style. Simplistic but expressive
    Make Good Art

Not a surprise to me, but nice to confirm Peter Nguyen is a Gambit fan.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/05/11/x-...mpression=true

Pretty sure he's fond of Rogue too, given he put her front and center on his X-Women piece.

I REALLY love that drawing he did of Gambit and Rogue together with their dark/villainous histories in the background. I need to track that down. Honestly would love a commission of it.

Not a surprise to me, but nice to confirm Peter Nguyen is a Gambit fan.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/05/11/x-...mpression=true

Pretty sure he's fond of Rogue too, given he put her front and center on his X-Women piece.

I REALLY love that drawing he did of Gambit and Rogue together with their dark/villainous histories in the background. I need to track that down. Honestly would love a commission of it.
    That's really cool. He was at a con I went to a couple years ago and tried to go and meet him on the last day, but he wasn't at his table. He had that X-Women piece as a print and I really wanted to get it. Oh well, there will be other cons (eventually)
    Make Good Art