Page 52 of 156 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

It was a great movie although I wish Batgirl and Batwoman had bigger parts.
    I didn't realise this was the final movie so I'm shattered coz I loved this universe and the art and the serious story lines.
    Im also shattered coz Ive been hoping to see Batgirl be a main part of one of these movies but she never was. I wanted to see her kick butt and wanted to see her in her New 52 costume.
    What a shame this is the end.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I didn't realise this was the final movie so I'm shattered coz I loved this universe and the art and the serious story lines.
    Im also shattered coz Ive been hoping to see Batgirl be a main part of one of these movies but she never was. I wanted to see her kick butt and wanted to see her in her New 52 costume.
    Actually for Batgirl I dont think its a big problem, since I believe that if new Films will come up she will also be in this movies.

I see the biggest problem for Conner Kent and if you will count him because of Judas Contract also Wally West..

These 2 are characters who could be replaced by Jonathan Samuel Kent and by another member of the Flash Family (I didnt see the movie, but in the pictures I saw that Wallace is in the movie)...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It's not an either or situation for me either. My point is that Teen Titans Go is successful at what it's trying to accomplish, whereas this attempt at a shared continuity failed from the get go because it was based upon a shoddy foundation based not upon creative choices, but corporate mandates.
    But how they went about handling it is, in itself, a creative choice and how they built upon it through multiple movies and incorporating many different elements of the DCU.

Batman Beyond was something that came up from the DCAU team working around WB's insistence on a teen Batman show, so I don't think something's inception stemming from corporate mandate is necesarilly a bad thing. WB wanted an animated WW movie and we got Bloodlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    War is in the title not everyone was going to survive
    And if most of those deaths were done well or mattered and weren't just for shock value, I'd be less critical. But that's not what happened.

Bunch of new Man of Tomorrow images.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B_27QshA...=1kd5tgg3wysyj

Yeah the deaths were really gratuitous and gruesome
    Almost like something out of Devilman and for a universe like DC you know you are taking it too far at that point. Nobody should have to see Burnside Batgirl ripped apart like that
    I did like how Superman after all that's happened still wanted to try and save the planet. Nice character moment there
    The universe wasn't all bad but its rampant jobbing and character shilling became a meme. In a way the edginess and violence really reinforced the new 52 comparisons to its detriment

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Not sure about the animation yet, but I'm digging Lois' design.

Perry White looks like his DCAU design aged 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Yeah the deaths were really gratuitous and gruesome
    Almost like something out of Devilman and for a universe like DC you know you are taking it too far at that point. Nobody should have to see Burnside Batgirl ripped apart like that
    I did like how Superman after all that's happened still wanted to try and save the planet. Nice character moment there
    The universe wasn't all bad but its rampant jobbing and character shilling became a meme. In a way the edginess and violence really reinforced the new 52 comparisons to its detriment
    I don't think Batgirl deserves special treatment just because she's wearing the Burnside suit but on-paper she probably shouldn't have been fighting Doomsday Parademons in a homemade suit...

It seems that this universe has more smell to Martian Manhunter and less Cyborg smell!

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I love Batgirl but someone really can get mad at how long she received when historical League members never showed up!
    It was the final fight, they would have had to show Atom, Firestorm, Red Tornado, Hawkwoman, Green Arrow and Black Canary in different parts of the world!
    A shame. And I hope that in the new universe Green Lantern Martian Manhunter and Hawkman have more participation!

It was a great movie anyway! 9/10
    Last edited by EmaHalJordan; 05-06-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Incredible Member

So the fact that Lobos there pretty much confirms this is probably based off of Max Landis's book right?

Astonishing Member

Thanks for the warnings, everyone. I will avoid Apokolips War.

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    Now that Apokolips War concludes the N52 movie verse, I wonder what's next for the future movies.
    I wonder too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man of Tomorrow looks to be a stand-alone. I assume the 2 part Last Halloween will probably also be a stand-alone, assuming that’s indeed in the pipeline. I don’t know if they’ll do another animated universe.
    I don't know either. (I can safely skip the stand-alones.)

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I would wager that if there’s another animated universe, odds are the focus would be maybe on animated shows with the odd movie here or there
    I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by EmaHalJordan View Post
    It seems that this universe has more smell to Martian Manhunter and less Cyborg smell!
    Then they better have more John Stewart, Jessica Cruz, Blue Beetle, Black Lightning, Vixen and Bumblebee to compensate

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Just finished Apokolips War. I have to agree with so many others, that this feels like a premature ending to this movie universe. With this being the last one, they didn't hold back on anything. The ultra-violence was a tad excessive, but go big or go home for your finale. The members of the two Leagues, Titans and Suicide Squad all got a good showing of their respective talents.

I'm really bummed this is over. Like most, I wanted to see another Titans movie, Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman, a JSA period piece in this universe would've been cool to see.

It begun with Flashpoint and is undone by Flashpoint. Too bad Barry pretty much fell off the map after his one movie.

MVPs of the movie: Calamity Constantine, Spectacular Superman, Renegade Raven and the Terror Titan Trigon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    So the fact that Lobos there pretty much confirms this is probably based off of Max Landis's book right?
    It totally is yes.