View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 81 of 123 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1837

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Cant wait to see the New Mutants movie tbh I am curious to know if the reason it was delayed it was because they wanted to introduce them into the MCU
    The trailer looked anazing., I'm very curious too.

White Roberto is meh though.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The trailer looked anazing., I'm very curious too.

White Roberto is meh though.
    I liked Danny and Magik and Rahne, the others were harder for me to recognize but I liked the theme they choose to do it goes well with Magik story and the New mutants ties to Inferno.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-18-2020 at 12:11 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

They really just need to take this L and release that movie digitally like come on it's been years let it go!

I think Disney is contractually obligated to give it a theater release

Extraordinary Member

Agree about Roberto, but I liked the trailer and thought it seemed promising - like a (less diverse) version of the early Claremont run but with some of the dark tone of the Claremont/Sienkiewicz run.

I wish Disney would just release it online and make some money they desperately need, but yeah, there might be some kind of contractual issue we don't know about with them releasing it direct-to-video.

Well that was a confusing few pages, but I guess we're on New Mutants now? I rather they just go for digital already cause I am tired of them moving the goal post.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's never been really explained what Billy and Tommy are or how they came to be. In "Young Avengers" Billy speculates that when Wanda lost her children to Mephisto, their souls went into new bodies. The Life Force retcon in "Children's Crusade" never actually says she succeeded in reincarnating her kids, and personally I always took it as saying the spell didn't work (or she would have been able to bring back the original Billy and Tommy), but like a lot of things there's really no definitive explanation.

Wanda's solo series lampshaded this by having her be as confused as the readers.

That's so damn annoying. Are they even still classified as mutants at this point?

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Maybe Billy is the crazy one and made them into her children? He's all powerful and obsessed with her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    That's so damn annoying. Are they even still classified as mutants at this point?
    Yet another confusing thing about Wiccan and Speed: they were never, at any point, officially considered mutants. They were never officially not considered mutants either, it was just never addressed, probably so the Avengers office could keep full control of them.

The closest they ever came to being called mutants was in Children's Crusade when Emma calls them "fine young mutants," but she was trying to brainwash them into coming over to her side at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Maybe Billy is the crazy one and made them into her children? He's all powerful and obsessed with her.
    I'd go for that, especially since there's a wish-fulfillment aspect to Billy just happening to find out that he's the sort-of-son of his favorite Avenger.

Ha, they could easily retcon it all on him. Scarlet Witch doesn't have wish powers but Wiccan does. HoM was all about granting wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yet another confusing thing about Wiccan and Speed: they were never, at any point, officially considered mutants. They were never officially not considered mutants either, it was just never addressed, probably so the Avengers office could keep full control of them.

The closest they ever came to being called mutants was in Children's Crusade when Emma calls them "fine young mutants," but she was trying to brainwash them into coming over to her side at the time.

I'd go for that, especially since there's a wish-fulfillment aspect to Billy just happening to find out that he's the sort-of-son of his favorite Avenger.
    I was actually rereading a bunch of Secret Invasion content including the Runaways/Young Avengers mini in preparation for Empyre and their's actually another line from Speed, when him Xavin, Billy and T were fighting skrulls, "Aliens and Mutants Coming through" so with that, plus Emma's line from Crusade, and Battle of the Atom Wiccan being an X-Man all obvious signs point to them being mutants. Which is fine I don't see why that needs to change because Wanda isn't one anymore, not like she gave birth to the newest versions, even if she did humans have mutant children all the time. And it's more juicy and deliciously ironic that canon wise Wanda has more problems with mutants than not so her kids having the gene she always resented is an extra layer of shame and self-hatred for her to get over.

I've also kind of theorized that considering Billy is set to become an already existing and seemingly time unbounded entity that it's very much so possible he created himself, and the Wanda connection. Kind of a mindfuck, but in theory not completely impossible.

Either way the situation is so messy no writer wants to touch it at least not yet. Isn't Wanda supposed to be in some Doom event vs Chton? Jim Cheung posted some cover art with Tommy, Wanda and Maverick not too long back presumably for the mini/event/whatever it is. Maybe it'll be addressed there who knows.

Ha, they could easily retcon it all on him. Scarlet Witch doesn't have wish powers but Wiccan does. HoM was all about granting wishes.
    My Boy isn't half the batshit Wanda is, he had nothing to do with the Scarlet Mom's screw up. Besides had he decided to wipe out the mutants, unlike Wanda he wouldn't have missed a whole 200 he would have took them all out! Wanda would be a whole new type of bitch if she somehow put the blame of genocide away from her to one of her kids.
    Last edited by Journey; 05-18-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    My Boy isn't half the batshit Wanda is, he had nothing to do with the Scarlet Mom's screw up. Besides had he decided to wipe out the mutants, unlike Wanda he wouldn't have missed a whole 200 he would have took them all out! Wanda would be a whole new type of bitch if she somehow put the blame of genocide away from her to one of her kids.
    I don't know, Journey. He wanted to be a mutant pretty bad!! Maybe he wanted to be one of the only mutants.

I don't know, Journey. He wanted to be a mutant pretty bad!! Maybe he wanted to be one of the only mutants.
    No.....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Wanda isn't any less rational than Scott or Jean is. It's like calling Jean "crazy" after the Phoenix incident. Wiccan is one of Wanda's biggest supporters in the Marvel universe, he understands her more then her so-called friends in the X-men. Lying about blame is Quicksiler's thing, not Wanda's. This is a very confusing post to hate on Wanda as if there haven't been a multitude of stories where superheroes do something evil while under the influence of a possession or higher power they can't control and are forgiven for acting out of character.

Edit: By your standards Cyclops should stay in a mental institution after the Phoenix Five incident.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 05-18-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Wanda isn't any less rational than Scott or Jean is. It's like calling Jean "crazy" after the Phoenix incident. Wiccan is one of Wanda's biggest supporters in the Marvel universe, he understands her more then her so-called friends in the X-men. Lying about blame is Quicksiler's thing, not Wanda's. This is a very confusing post to hate on Wanda as if there haven't been a multitude of stories where superheroes do something evil while under the influence of a possession or higher power they can't control and are forgiven for acting out of character.

Edit: By your standards Cyclops should stay in a mental institution after the Phoenix Five incident.
    I am probably the most indifferent person you will ever discuss Wanda Maximoff with on this forum. I do not care about Wanda Maximoff as a character, at all!! I don't care if she's a villain, hero, or in between. That being said from a canon perspective Wanda is not a rational person, and frankly neither are Scott and Jean they've made Wolverine a Brother Husband. That being said I wasn't hating on Wanda I have actually defended Wanda before because I don't think she's the evil witch the x- forums would have you believe.

And while were on the topic I am so sick of the "posessed/manipulated" trope. So many of these people have committed atrocities and not been held accountable. Jean Suffered was gone for years, the Phoenix 5 were ostracized by the X-Men and the whole world and considered pariah and criminals. Iceman fricking froze the earth and had to have killed/maimed hundreds if not thousands of people over self hatred and got away with it. Logan has killed so many people and is still considered a hero. Both horrible crimes that deserve to be punished. And Wanda is no different the only reason I'm not for the X-men coming for her now is because theirs no point it's been years they had several chances.

Another reason I find Wanda to be irrational canon wise she is very hypocritical about her role in M-Day. Sometimes she's sorry, other times she's a judgemental bitch about the whole thing, than she can go back to being sympathetic. She doesn't own it. At least when Wiccan fucks up he takes responsibility for his actions. Has genuine guilt is willing to do whatever it takes to solve the problem. He almost committed suicide twice to save the universe from his **** up and showed genuine remorse. Why Wanda's son shows more responsiblity than her is beyond me. Out of Character or not it's still canon the only thing I want from Wanda at this point is to own her role and stick with it. Doom did it has always been a crappy excuse and it never went anywhere.