Page 61 of 135 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I don't know why they don't go back to his shiny '90s suit. Great design, different from Barry but 100% the Flash.
    It WAS a brilliant tweak to an already pitch perfect costume wasn't it?
    Still easily recognisable as the Flash, but enough slight alterations to show it was a different man behind the cowl.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    As long as Barry's around Wally will be "not quite Flash" anyway.

The Rebirth suit isn't bad; the lines are clean, the colors are solid, and as re-designs go it's pretty good. But its shout-out to Wally's time as a sidekick isn't something I can't accept. We might as well have Nightwing change his costume so he's wearing short shorts. It's the visual representation of the character taking a step backwards, and as good as the Rebirth suit is (and it is well designed) I can't forgive it for rubbing my nose in the fact that Wally's going to be held back and treated as being less than he is.
    The thing is I just don't think Wally would care because Barry was his hero and he wore his suit to honor him. There was a Flash before Barry, but his suit was modeled after Barry. Kid Flash was his own idea. When Barry came back, Rebirth Flash felt like the natural progression of Wally's suit. If Barry retired instead of dying, I believe 100% that Wally would have debut as the Flash in his Rebirth costume.

That's why it doesn't feel like a regression for me, much like Dick going back to Nightwing after being Batman for a while. If Wally stopped going by the Flash, then I'd feel it, but otherwise it would feel fine if they were telling stories with Wally instead of pinning status quos on him.

There's two cities The Flash patrols. Give Barry Central and Wally Keystone, or even move Wally and his family to Blue Valley so he can semi-retire, showing up when DC has a book for him. It's better than the alternative.

And yeah, the aether summoned me when too much praise for the Walter suit came together in a small amount of time. I'm like Candy Man in that respect.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I don't know why they don't go back to his shiny '90s suit. Great design, different from Barry but 100% the Flash.
    Too similar to Barry's suits. The artists would get the details wrong anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's why it doesn't feel like a regression for me, much like Dick going back to Nightwing after being Batman for a while. If Wally stopped going by the Flash, then I'd feel it, but otherwise it would feel fine if they were telling stories with Wally instead of pinning status quos on him.
    I wish I shared the viewpoint! I wish I could like the suit. It *is* a good design and it *does* do the job of making Wally look like a Flash without making him too hard to distinguish from Barry. It's a good suit, whoever designed it should get plenty of credit for the work. But I just can't disassociate the design from Wally's treatment in my mind.

There's two cities The Flash patrols. Give Barry Central and Wally Keystone, or even move Wally and his family to Blue Valley so he can semi-retire, showing up when DC has a book for him. It's better than the alternative.
    I'd also support Wally and the family living on the Ultima Thule, with Wally serving in Justice Incarnate.

And yeah, the aether summoned me when too much praise for the Walter suit came together in a small amount of time. I'm like Candy Man in that respect.
    Well, hopefully you're wearing a mask like Jason too.

.....because of the pandemic, not because you're ugly or anything.....stupid text, not conveying tone......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'd honestly prefer Wally as the Flash of the Justice League and Barry as the Flash of Justice Incarnate.
    Barry's history is more steeped in multiversal travels and Justice Incarnate could be seen as an upgrade of his role while still giving Wally the JL position he deserves.

Well, hopefully you're wearing a mask like Jason too.

.....because of the pandemic, not because you're ugly or anything.....stupid text, not conveying tone......
    Hey, I can be both!

I love Wally and I refuse to let the powers behind Heroes in Crisis tarnish him. It will be retconned within ten years. If Harley can come back from blowing up children to impress a guy who may not even be into her, Wally can survive an editorial mandated hit piece.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Just saw Stargirl S01E01.

There will be no Wally West it seems. Not even a single easter egg about Kid Flash. And the only redhead teenager is a villain.

I know we should be used to disappointment but it's still depressing.

On the bright side, there's some Jay Garrick stuff, so that's cool and the episode was really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

There will be no Wally West it seems. Not even a single easter egg about Kid Flash. And the only redhead teenager is a villain.

On the bright side, there's some Jay Garrick stuff, so that's cool and the episode was really fun.
    was anyone expecting Wally? If anything I'm curious if JAY shows up... but for a show about Stargirl that seems to be stretching into a JSA show... i never would have expected Wally to be in it. Especially while other wally is still existing in CW Flash.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Too similar to Barry's suits. The artists would get the details wrong anyway.
    Exactly. Say what you will about the current costume but I love it and it’s distinct from Barry’s.

It’s got more crimson red than Barry like the one you’re talking about. It’s got open hair like his Kid Flash costume. It’s got white lightning and trim like the Walter West costume.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    i never would have expected Wally to be in it.
    Initially, there was some hope.

The redheaded actor had previously expressed a desire to play Wally before he was cast for an unidentified role (at the time), Johns mentioned "legacy characters like Wally West would be showing up" at a con, and Courtney operated out of Blue Valley which was Wally's hometown in the comics. But a lot of that speculation died down when rumors said the actor would be playing Brainwave Jr.

Still, shows like Stargirl/Titans/etc shouldn't be prevented from using Wally simply because the CW version might make one or two appearances in a season on The Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

When they were listing Blue Valley natives, I was hoping they'd say "Kid Flash" but perhaps his ID isn't public yet, or he hasn't let on. Maybe he'll show up later.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

When they were listing Blue Valley natives, I was hoping they'd say "Kid Flash" but perhaps his ID isn't public yet, or he hasn't let on. Maybe he'll show up later.
    Yeah, it was pretty well known that Wally wouldn't be showing up, but the Blue Valley link does get my hopes up. Maybe one day.
    Of course, if that DID happen, it would mean Stargirl could NEVER roll into the CW DCU as they already have a Wally (more WALLACE, but...). I'll leave that to others to decide if that is a good or a bad thing.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Hey, I can be both!
    Ha! Well, far be it for me to tell you what you can and cannot be. My apologies, I didn't mean to imply that you weren't ugly. Truly, I mean no offense to the alternatively beautiful. That boil on your nose really sets off the color of your eyes.

I love Wally and I refuse to let the powers behind Heroes in Crisis tarnish him. It will be retconned within ten years. If Harley can come back from blowing up children to impress a guy who may not even be into her, Wally can survive an editorial mandated hit piece.
    We've still got a continuity correcting, Manhattan undoing, Perputa killing anti-Crisis on the way; it'll likely be retconned a lot sooner than ten years. Maybe not undone completely, but DC will Parallax it so Wally isn't guilty.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ha! Well, far be it for me to tell you what you can and cannot be. My apologies, I didn't mean to imply that you weren't ugly. Truly, I mean no offense to the alternatively beautiful. That boil on your nose really sets off the color of your eyes.

We've still got a continuity correcting, Manhattan undoing, Perputa killing anti-Crisis on the way; it'll likely be retconned a lot sooner than ten years. Maybe not undone completely, but DC will Parallax it so Wally isn't guilty.
    I'm not sure they want to risk pissing off Tom King. For all his inability to write fights or pretty much any character's voice, he brings critical acclaim and DC can use that good buzz.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I'm not sure they want to risk pissing off Tom King. For all his inability to write fights or pretty much any character's voice, he brings critical acclaim and DC can use that good buzz.
    What clout does he have? He is an outside creator who was already removed from Batman, remember? And he doesn't own these characters.

The response to the series was overwhelmingly negative. DC could and would retcon the whole thing if they wanted to.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 05-19-2020 at 08:44 PM.