Page 295 of 325 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 4870
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The oldschool arcade game had a Krakoa level.

A modern, immersive game with Krakoa and the portals and all that would be incredible on these next generation consoles coming out. All the physics of all the various mutant powers would probably be a nightmare to render, but I'm sure they could figure it out.

That said, I don't think the MCU should start at the Krakoa nation state level. It's only effective with decades of backstory already established. The MCU X-Men will have to establish their own canon and rules and relationships and all that. I think they should start with like, 18 year old O5ers have already been operating in secret for a couple years(within the 5 year gap in Endgame), so it makes sense that they really aren't on the Avengers/SHIELD/SWORD's radar yet. I want to see their teamwork established over many Disney+ seasons and MCU films.

We haven't even seen the ending of Hickman's Krakoa concept yet. Let's hold off on basing the entire MCU X-Men around it just yet(even if it is interesting so far). We've got plenty of tried and true canon to adapt first.
    100 % agree with it all

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The oldschool arcade game had a Krakoa level.

A modern, immersive game with Krakoa and the portals and all that would be incredible on these next generation consoles coming out. All the physics of all the various mutant powers would probably be a nightmare to render, but I'm sure they could figure it out.
    Yes!!! I need this game now. Krakoa Forever!

On a related note, Marvel needs to license out the X-men to some studios to make smaller retro style platformers and/or beatemups. Everyone tends to think big when it comes to videogames but the smaller experiences of old would work well on PSN, Switch and XBL with a faster turnaround time. The last game we got in that type of style was the DOFP game on mobile, which look beautiful but the controls were lacking bc it was on a phone

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Captain Marvel isnt an Avenger. She's purely planted in the space. Black Panther is the King of Wakanda and also never joined the Avengers. Dr. Strange never joined the team either. Hawkeye is off retired after just reuniting with his family. Thor left for space and I doubt he will return after his final move. The Avengers as it stands arent a real official team but a collection of heroes that come together when threats arise. The last time we've seen them actively together as a regular team was in Civil War. The way Endgame ended didnt give the impression that they went back to that status quo. I think everyone went back to picking up their own seperate lives, many of whom had been MIA for 5 years. There will eventually be another Avengers movie and they will have heroes to fill those ranks, but as of now in the MCU, the team doesnt exist in that same capacity. The MCU is not saturated with superhero teams and there most definitely is space for the X-men to step in as their own unique thing
    Most of those characters are long serving Avengers in the comics, the current status quo isn't going to last forever. As soon as Marvel wants the Avengers back they'll be at the top of their list for recruits, especially T'Challa and Carol - who headline billion dollar franchises. Marvel's status quo changes nothing is set in stone with any of them. T'Challa has served as an Avenger while on the throne, too. This isn't about now, this is about the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Most of those characters are long serving Avengers in the comics, the current status quo isn't going to last forever. As soon as Marvel wants the Avengers back they'll be at the top of their list for recruits, especially T'Challa and Carol - who headline billion dollar franchises. Marvel's status quo changes nothing is set in stone with any of them. T'Challa has served as an Avenger while on the throne, too. This isn't about now, this is about the future.
    Comics dont equal the movies. The current status quo wont last for ever but it IS the current status quo right now. With no official teams active on Earth right now, there is is a spot available for the X-men to rise up

New rumour from Mikey Sutton.

Wolverine won't be a team player at first and won't join X-Men in first movie.
    Will have his Weapon X story and will be saved from there by Prof X, Storm, Cyke and Havok.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-the-mcu.html/

So... the first MCU X-men movie centers on Professor X, Storm, Cyclops and Havok freeing Wolverine from Department K and fighting Omega Flight, including Diamond Lil and Wild Child? Nah. Not buying this rumor.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Comics dont equal the movies. The current status quo wont last for ever but it IS the current status quo right now. With no official teams active on Earth right now, there is is a spot available for the X-men to rise up
    Well I happen to see it differently. I also think the comics are overcrowded and the MCU will be headed that way as well. In my defense im one of thise people that want the Xmen in their own seperate universe anyway. So maybe its my bias that way speaking. I get the idea that some may think there is no Avengers team and that the Xmen and FF can step up and fill that void which could happen. But I think have so many characters and origins and everything will eventually pose somewhat of a problem of explaining where certain characters or teams or whatever where during certain events. Avengers and GOTG is considered a team. The Eternals regardless will be considered a team. I know its Marvels way to have everything connected and shared but in ny opinion thats been a problem in comics and will eventually be a problem in the movies. Feige is on fire right now but we all know these guys become caricatures of themselves sometimes and overreach believing they can do no wrong. I'd hate for this to happen with my favorite franchise

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Thanks. Same here. I’m fine with a “mix and match” approach from the 616 and Ultimate Universe, as that’s kind of what they’ve done already across the MCU.

Well, I don’t agree that the MCU is over crowded with teams any more than it’s overcrowded with solo heroes (the vast majority of MCU films have been solos). As someone else pointed out, with the Avengers broken up after the death of Stark and Cap’s disappearance into the past, the only team that even exists right now is out in space (the Guardians of the Galaxy). Also, I believe they can make the Krakoa aesthetic feel both very relevant and different from FOX’s X-men franchise, and at the same time different still from Wakanda. In fact, I think they should open on the school aesthetic with a flashback of Jean Grey arriving there for the first time, and then it cuts to the present day and she’s standing there as an adult and the school is now covered in vines, and she’s shepherding some young students through a Krakoan gateway to their new home like in House of X #1.

I like the idea that they operated out of the school in secret for years, perhaps shielded from the public by Xavier’s telepathy (or maybe a telepathic counsel consisting of him, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, the Cuckoos, and maybe even villains like Exodus and Sinister; kind of a mutant version of the Illuminati). Like I said before, if there were very few mutants until the Snap, it wouldn’t have been too hard for them to do this. If they go with the mashup of 616 and Ultimate origins that I described in my previous post (i.e., the Celestials planted the seed for mutation but it was perhaps Hydra who unlocked the mutant gene via experimentation with the Tesseract in WWII), then there would really only be a handful of ancient mutants (Externals like Selene, Apocalypse and Exodus; think of them like “pure bloods” in the vampire mythos) plus those who appeared after the Hydra WWII experiments basically unlocked the X-gene (both the experiments/Weapon X graduates themselves like Wolverine, who was essentially Mutant Zero in that respect, and all who came after). But the numbers would still be relatively small until the Snap sent a massive wave of cosmic energy across the planet, and now they’re popping up in such numbers that the world is in panic. Governments around the world have drafted mutant registration laws and ordered thousands of mutant hunting Sentinels from Trask Industries, and the remnants of SHIELD, Hydra and AIM have formed the group ORCHIS dedicated to ensuring that humanity prevails and mutants never become the dominant species on Earth. Boom.

As for how to make Krakoa different from Wakanda, it needs to be far more organic. Think Avatar like in terms of aesthetic. And there are a lot of younger mutants, essentially puberty age, here whose powers were activated by the Snap. So the Island is not only a nation-state, but also one big school in a sense. Where mutants can be safe and free to learn how to use their powers, and then they have the choice of whether to remain or go back out into the world. As to the “sole ownership of an export” angle, well, they can always say they learned a thing or two from the Wakandans. Perhaps it was Storm’s idea since she has history with T’Challa? Just a thought.
    Now I do like this idea. A mutant illuminati and telepathic council, the hydra angle and pure bloods and th le cosmic energy of the snap. The governments having registration laws and the remnants of fallen agencies forming Orchis. I think it all works.

Fantastic Member

I will say that possibly having another Avengers movie could be the way to bring the Xmen and FF into the MCU in a big way. Im not exactly in love with the idea but maybe they play into the recent or not so recent ideas of the multiverse but particularly even now when theres all this so called discovery scientifically of parallel universes and other galaxies seemingly on a daily basis. So maybe the Xmen (mutants) and FF exist in a parallel universe. It coyld be the ghost box theory from the comics or whatever. The Avengers now would consist of Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Falcon, Hulk, War Machine, Scarlet Witch etc. Basically we get the Incursions idea of them having to destroy worlds or universes and the last one is the universe with the Xmen and FF. We progress to a Secret wars battleworld thing and end up with the mutants and FF in the MCU.

So... the first MCU X-men movie centers on Professor X, Storm, Cyclops and Havok freeing Wolverine from Department K and fighting Omega Flight, including Diamond Lil and Wild Child? Nah. Not buying this rumor.
    Bored already if true.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

no jean already sold

BANNED

If it does, I'm going to enjoy the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Bored already if true.
    Totally bored.

However, the idea of keeping Wolverine separate is GOOD. He totally overtook the FOX franchise and they can't start off like that. But they also can't deny that Logan is going to be expected. They should plan to have the first X-Men movie debut in Q1 or Q2 and then have a Weapon X movie come out in Q4 of that same year. That way there won't be "where's Wolverine" coming from the uninformed.

I really hope they don't go the route of having some members of the team showing up in other movies first like they did with Black Panther. Disney/Marvel loves their foolproof method of dropping crumbs first, but it would be a disservice to the X-World. For decades, they carried the Marvel Universe and deserve a meaningful, non-diluted introduction.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Totally bored.

However, the idea of keeping Wolverine separate is GOOD. He totally overtook the FOX franchise and they can't start off like that. But they also can't deny that Logan is going to be expected. They should plan to have the first X-Men movie debut in Q1 or Q2 and then have a Weapon X movie come out in Q4 of that same year. That way there won't be "where's Wolverine" coming from the uninformed.

I really hope they don't go the route of having some members of the team showing up in other movies first like they did with Black Panther. Disney/Marvel loves their foolproof method of dropping crumbs first, but it would be a disservice to the X-World. For decades, they carried the Marvel Universe and deserve a meaningful, non-diluted introduction.
    Agreed 100%