Page 96 of 233 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3481
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    You sure Dick was 20-25 in the 1967? I recall in the Batman Family titles in the 70's had him pegged as 18 years old.

EDIT: I found it: http://www.orgamesmic.com/wp-content...difference.jpg
    Barbara is explicitly 25 while Dick is still pegged as a teenager in 1976.
    On the contrary, I stated that both may have been in their late teens. Which isn't specifically contradicted by your source either.

That said, my usual go to source contradicts this, and pegs her as about four years younger than Bruce and about 13 years older than Dick pre-Flashpoint (however, this timeline is not always authoritive, as they list Barbara as 16 when she enters college (true) and becomes Batgirl (incorrect based on the stated reference, which pegs her debut as after graduation (so at least 20), which would fit with the reference you provided above.)

Pre-Flashpoint as in Post-Crisis? Because those ages were a bit wonky. Pre-Crisis, Barbara would have to be 25 to be a Congresswoman, while Dick was still stated to be around 18 or 19.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bronze age Bruce is 28 (To Kill a Legend) Babs is 25 (Batman family issues as congresswoman with Dick sometimes visiting to help with his girlfriend Lori, both still attending Hudson) and Dick is 18 (Left for Hudson before those two stories).
    Those are the confirmed ones and when. I don't know how long time passes between those three stories but I'm not gonna spend time thinking that far.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Dick only turned 20 during New Teen Titans in the 80s. He started that series aged 19. Dick and Babs only became the same age in New 52, when both were deaged to 21.
    Dicks 21? So what is Jason 19? And then Tim is 17 and Damian 13? Jason hangs out in bars so often I assumed he was older

BANNED

In my headcanon Dick is around 12 when he first becomes Robin and 17 or 18 when he first becomes Nightwing, and many events that take place during Dixon’s run in particular give me the impression that Dick is either very mature for his age or at least into his 20s. So I’d say he’s around 24-25 now with Barbara a year older and Jason is a little bit younger. Tim is in his late teens. Bruce is in his early 40s. This is all how I make sense of it but everyone has their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Dicks 21? So what is Jason 19? And then Tim is 17 and Damian 13? Jason hangs out in bars so often I assumed he was older
    Jason is presumed 19 but I don't remember if it's mentioned anywhere. Tim's 16. Damian's 10.

To quote Jason when he wants to take Tim to a bar "It's Gotham, Tim, I can find you a place"

Damian jumped to 13 at the start of Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Well, at this point who knows? Rebirth continuity hasn't actually touched on ages, for the most part. But in the New52 yeah, Dick was 21 or 22 or so. Tim was 16. Damian turned 13. Beyond that I don't know if anyone had their age established.

Tim was said to be 16 in Rebirth's 'Tec run as well.

I think at this point it's best to just forget ages; it didn't make sense in New52 continuity and it makes less sense in the current continuity, which is still half N52 and half "post-Crisis' second cousin."

In my head, Dick is in his late 20's (26-28), Babs in her early-ish 30's (33-35), Jason in his mid 20's (23-25), Tim his very early 20's (21-22), and Damian's 13, with Bruce being in his early-mid 40's (41-44).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

In my head, Dick is in his late 20's (26-28), Babs in her early-ish 30's (33-35), Jason in his mid 20's (23-25), Tim his very early 20's (21-22), and Damian's 13, with Bruce being in his early-mid 40's (41-44).
    That's about where I'm at too. My head canon doesn't have Jason much younger than Dick at all.. 2 years maybe.. both of them on the older end of these ranges.

In my head, I like to use canon as much as I can so the baseline guideline are these

Bruce and Dick, however old they were when each of their parents died it has to be the same for pretty parallel reasons. So if Bruce was 8, Dick was 8, Bruce 10 Dick 10 Bruce 12 Dick 12.

Dick moved to Hudson at 18, but when exactly he becomes Nightwing is debatable

Damian was 10 when he met the Bat-family, after that whatever.

Everything else is flexible. I'm gonna have to actually read everything first in order to fit everything.

This is off topic and late ......

IGN's Top 25 Heroes of DC Comics for 2019
    Nightwing is in at no 5

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-top...s-of-dc-comics

Incredible Member

Well, whenever Dick is truly back, and himself, I still believe the ticket to the Adult Table for him is Justice League membership. It’s ludicrous he’s not been there for years...and he led a sanctioned replacement League. Bruce could step away a bit, and still be in 47 other monthly comics. Nightwing is NOT Batman light... he’s more like Batman perfected...those rough edges gone. He has Clark’s compassion and heart, and Bruce’s skill set. This could be his time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Well, whenever Dick is truly back, and himself, I still believe the ticket to the Adult Table for him is Justice League membership. It’s ludicrous he’s not been there for years...and he led a sanctioned replacement League. Bruce could step away a bit, and still be in 47 other monthly comics. Nightwing is NOT Batman light... he’s more like Batman perfected...those rough edges gone. He has Clark’s compassion and heart, and Bruce’s skill set. This could be his time.
    Yep I completely agree. Dick is not a copy of Batman but something more, and he carries the greatest aspects of Batman with him.

I get emotional when I think about it but he is really one of the greatest comic book characters ever. Robin was part of the foundation for sidekick archetypes and not only that he’s a sidekick who became his own hero. It is incredible to me that he exists. He’s also a character that can fit with any tone and be in large or small scale stories and never seem out of place (unless a writer doesn’t know what to do with him) . It’s about time he became more of a front and center character. I tend to view the DC universe through his eyes, and out of everyone he would be the absolute coolest character to ever hang out with.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Well one of the ways nightwing can stop being viewed as batman lite would be something like Nightwing leader or agent of spyral or checkmate. Nightwing in bludhaven is just batman lite im sorry.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 05-25-2020 at 04:02 AM.

Bludhaven, as it is, is the same as the JL would be. Nightwing emulating the Batman and the Batman formula. Bludhaven is just spectacularly less impressive then the JL. JL at least comes with bragging rights, but beyond that I don’t see it doing much for Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In my head, I like to use canon as much as I can
    I do too, but at this point it's kind of impossible to say, outside of a few exceptions like Tim and Damian. We're still technically in New52 continuity but only partially and....who the hell knows?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.