Page 240 of 750 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340740 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 11243
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

It's almost like T'Challa has never outsmarted a lord of Hell before...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    It's almost like T'Challa has never outsmarted a lord of Hell before...
    adversary isnt a lord of hell though. hes a demon god of chaos.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

And yet, I'm sure Mephisto has more power than this "Adversary"

And yet, I'm sure Mephisto has more power than this "Adversary"
    mephisto is a demon god of earth and adversary is an universal threat not tied to one planet. so I would respectfully disagree.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    mephisto is a demon god of earth and adversary is an universal threat not tied to one planet. so I would respectfully disagree.
    He's not tied to Earth, he just prefers human souls. He can interact anywhere. He stood next to Thanos during Infinity Gauntlet which mostly took place in outer space.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He's not tied to Earth, he just prefers human souls. He can interact anywhere. He stood next to Thanos during Infinity Gauntlet which mostly took place in outer space.
    his realm is tied to earth and human souls i never said he couldnt live from his dimension or couldnt interact elsewhere. his connection to his realm was how tchalla was able to get the jump on him when he attacked mephisto on earth.

I'm honestly laughing.

All these mental gymnastics and goal post shifting to say T'Challa cannot do something when he has the most superior technology on Earth plus his own patron goddess on his side. But's totally okay when Storm is able to do something she's never been able to do, and become a goddess of a nation that never worshipped her before.

Honestly no offence but gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    T'Challa's appearance in Avengers #33 was short but I wasn't disappointed and leads me to think that something big may be coming.

spoilers:
    After defeating Iron Fist and Doctor Strange and stealing their power and stealing the Hellcharger from Robbie, Moon Knight heads to Wakanda to face T'Challa with an undead army and magic priest. T'Challa tells Steve that he's in charge of the Avengers now and surrenders. Marc wants to fight and steals his powers but it doesn't work and T'Challa demands to be taken to Khonshu. He was written proprly and was already aware that Marc was on his way to Wakanda so I assume that he has a plan.
    end of spoilers
    I've not been reading any comics but this summary intrigues me

LMK if ti pays off eventually
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Now that's just....beautiful.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    If a writer wants it, then wakandan technology will not care about your power level with proper context.

Damn, I miss Priest style Panther.

what storm did was not permanent. as I said adversary cant be destroyed. again I ask how do you trap him in a box to begin with? it not like hunting game hes s universal being, a demon god.

you know the BP mythos is included in the larger marvel universe where prayer is known to power gods, including thor for instance?

and tchalla with his wakandan tech couldnt even deal with moon knight how can you then argue he could fight a demon god that is as old as time?? thor is NOT adversary. thor can die and be maimed. adversary can regenerate and cant die. they are not tge same.
    Edit:

it doesn't matter, because no where in the BP mythos does praying ever do anything. Ever. The whole point of BP and Wakanda is that THEY are exceptional through their own merits. Not because of vibranium, not because some faux orishas ™ helped them, from their own ingenuity. Something that you and Coates should realize.

And what are you talking about with Moon knight? TChalla didn't bow to him at all. He told him to take him to his god. Moon knight tried to use his power on him and it failed. So where now did Wakandan tech fail??

Wakandan tech has dealt with all types of stuff, from Thanos, to Galactus, to Mephisto, dragon's, super skrulls, life boats, etc. Us adversary was beaten by a metal box.. pretty sure Wakandan tech is more than a match, if being written in continuity. Adversary doesn't have to be killed, just removed from. The battle. Easily achievable with Wakandan tech
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-27-2020 at 03:12 PM.

I'm honestly laughing.

All these mental gymnastics and goal post shifting to say T'Challa cannot do something when he has the most superior technology on Earth plus his own patron goddess on his side. But's totally okay when Storm is able to do something she's never been able to do, and become a goddess of a nation that never worshipped her before.

Honestly no offence but gtfo.
    I'm glad to bring some light to your heart in these times. However, I have CONSISTENTLY SAID adversary is a universal demon god and that has never changed. You incorrectly tried to tie Adversary to a demon god of hell, Mephisto. Nevertheless, I'm not about to make this about Ororo but, simply put, you don't have any idea what she has been able to do or what she has been hinted at as being able to do so it's not point even going there.

Gtfo? nah I'm good right where I'm at. thanks though
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-27-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    it doesn't matter, because no where in the BP mythos does praying ever do anything. Ever. The whole point of BP and Wakanda is that THEY are exceptional through their own merits. Not because of vibranium, not because some faux orishas ™ helped them, from their own ingenuity. Something that you and Coates should realize.

And what are you talking about with Moon knight?

Wakandan tech has dealt with all types of stuff, from Thanos, to Galactus, to Mephisto, dragon's, super skrulls, life boats, etc. Us adversary was beaten by a metal box.. pretty sure Wakandan tech is more than a match, if being written in continuity. Adversary doesn't have to be killed, just removed from. The battle. Easily achievable with Wakandan tech
    The BP mythos is not some standalone world in it's on pocket universe. His universe is shared with stories and lore that came well before the gods of wakanda were even fleshed out. That said, prayers giving powers to gods in the MU is a staple and is well-established. Have you read the story of when Forge tried to beat adversary with just tech? Do you know how that ended?

Read the latest issue of Avengers and all your questions will be answered. His tech didnt stop Wakanda from being attacked by Moon Knight, let's just say that.

What do any of those characters have to do with a character who canonically has been stated to not be beatable by physical means and tech? Does thanos have a weakness against metal? What about galactus? What can take down one character doesn't mean it applies to others.

The BP mythos is not some standalone world in it's on pocket universe. His universe is shared with stories and lore that came well before the gods of wakanda were even fleshed out. That said, prayers giving powers to gods in the MU is a staple and is well-established. Have you read the story of when Forge tried to beat adversary with just tech? Do you know how that ended?

Read the latest issue of Avengers and all your questions will be answered. His tech didnt stop Wakanda from being attacked by Moon Knight, let's just say that.

What do any of those characters have to do with a character who canonically has been stated to not be beatable by physical means and tech? Does thanos have a weakness against metal? What about galactus? What can take down one character doesn't mean it applies to others.
    In Avengers he said he'd win. He's was trying to prevent Wakandans from dying needlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Damn, I miss Priest style Panther.
    May we get another writer willing to represent him up to par for the next solo book.