Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They basically just mocked all the recently released wrestlers just to do a cheap copy of a genuine moment from the Cruiserweight Classic?

Only it was made worse by not having an actual hot crowd like the CWC and just development wrestlers told who to cheer/boo.
    I think it made for some pretty decent programming though. Hard to tell without an audience, but I think it got Drake over and gave the viewers an underdog to root for.

I'd almost say the tournament needed him. Beyond the good wrestling there was a story to follow.

Ultimate Member

I'm conflicted. I think they'd have been stupid NOT to bring Drake back at this point. And boy did he earn it throughout this tournament. But, it does suck for all the rest who didn't get a chance to "prove themselves" on TV like he did.

Also that hype package for the women's title match just made it more clear to me, it's time for Io to finally be champion.

the angle with drake started off cheap/in poor taste and ended predictably. i love a jr/cruiser tourney but the angle had me convinced i knew where they were going and i had no interest in seeing them get there. i am curious what the original plans were for the tourney.

alistair vs seth on RAW was pretty damn sweet.

Incredible Member

so ia drake back to doing comic relief with r-truth for the 24/7 title

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The angle with Drake still still disgusts me. Its exploitive and in poor taste.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hogan has been taking every payday he could get ever since Linda cleaned him out in their divorce. If he didn't need to work then he'll do what Cornette doing and focus on only doing stuff he wants to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    but didn't he end up getting a huge payday from a lawsuit over his sextape??
    He got what he could get from that (which the company declared bankruptcy soon after) but the idea Hogan is broke is a looong way from true. While he claims the divorce nearly bankrupted him as did his lavish spending before that. His wealth than was $30-40 million and Linda got 70% of money , real estate and cars etc. After this Hogan rebuilt his wealth getting paid a huge deal in TNA and more as this article brings up...

https://heavy.com/news/2016/03/hulk-...awker-lawsuit/

Hogan is an egomaniac. He craves the spotlight more than the money. He'd easily go to AEW if they were to put him on TV weekly and paid him what he felt he was worth.
    I doubt it at his age , inability to work and more he craves that much of a spotlight. If he did he would sign for anything to work in MLW , Impact or any other company. But well he really doesn't need to work. Plus he can't do what is needed in ring anymore. His back injury is too far gone for him to do anything.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

The Women's brawl was fun, and the Gargano's vs. Lee/Yim feud was furthered nicely.

The Prime Target for the Women's Title Match was awesome.

The Cole/Dream one was cool as well.

The Kross vs. Ciampa stuff is suitably intense.

The CW finals was a great match.

Overall, good show.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He got what he could get from that (which the company declared bankruptcy soon after) but the idea Hogan is broke is a looong way from true. While he claims the divorce nearly bankrupted him as did his lavish spending before that. His wealth than was $30-40 million and Linda got 70% of money , real estate and cars etc. After this Hogan rebuilt his wealth getting paid a huge deal in TNA and more as this article brings up...

https://heavy.com/news/2016/03/hulk-...awker-lawsuit/

I doubt it at his age , inability to work and more he craves that much of a spotlight. If he did he would sign for anything to work in MLW , Impact or any other company. But well he really doesn't need to work. Plus he can't do what is needed in ring anymore. His back injury is too far gone for him to do anything.
    No one said Hogan was broke. Hogan wasn't in a position where he didn't need to work.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    so ia drake back to doing comic relief with r-truth for the 24/7 title
    If that's all he does, I would actually still find that enjoyable. I did think his stuff (particularly with his wife) was pretty funny.

That said, I think Drake might have gotten over the the point where he can be used more. We'll see. Hard to tell with no crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If that's all he does, I would actually still find that enjoyable. I did think his stuff (particularly with his wife) was pretty funny.

That said, I think Drake might have gotten over the the point where he can be used more. We'll see. Hard to tell with no crowd.
    I think it's worth note that Triple H signed him to a NXT contract, not a Raw or Smackdown or general WWE one. I'd assume he's going to be used as an actual wrestler and not comic relief since NXT doesn't really do that.

Unless they make him Regal's butler or something.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I think it's worth note that Triple H signed him to a NXT contract, not a Raw or Smackdown or general WWE one. I'd assume he's going to be used as an actual wrestler and not comic relief since NXT doesn't really do that.

Good point. The Cruiser weight division are a part of NXT, and he definately is a part of that at least at the moment.

And he can still be used for both the cruiser weight division and the comedy stuff on the main roster as the was the GM of the cruiser weight divison when he was doing all that stuff. He can pull doubt duty as needed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The angle with Drake still still disgusts me. Its exploitive and in poor taste.
    I feel a little better in the sense that supposedly WWE also offered all the released talents newer (but cheaper) contracts.

Plot twist is that he didn't read the contract before he signed it and we find out Regal put XXX clause into it.

WWE has been trying to re-sign as many of the released wrestlers as they can

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I feel a little better in the sense that supposedly WWE also offered all the released talents newer (but cheaper) contracts.

Plot twist is that he didn't read the contract before he signed it and we find out Regal put XXX clause into it.
    I don't. It feels scummy to me to fire those guys than offer them less than what they are worth when they didn't need to fire them in the first place.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    WWE has been trying to re-sign as many of the released wrestlers as they can
    Yeah but on lower pay.

I guess for someone that needs to pay the bills at this very terrible time, it’s better than nothing.