Page 1057 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 5755795710071047105310541055105610571058105910601061106711071157 ... LastLast
Results 15,841 to 15,855 of 20764
    Amazing Member

Thanks. I just saw this and was in stock, I put it in my cart, and as I was login in and checkout it turned unavailable. This is absurd. How many copies did they stock. Hopefully next time.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    Thanks. I just saw this and was in stock, I put it in my cart, and as I was login in and checkout it turned unavailable. This is absurd. How many copies did they stock. Hopefully next time.
    Wow that is rough. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It will be back though. I am sure of it. They had enough copies for it to be their #2 best seller for a moment. I guess there are people also who are buying multiple copies to flip. I got mine in the mail the other day and it is probably my favorite book this year. Everything from the binding to the content is amazing. Hopefully they release a volume 2.

As a heads up for anyone buying Berserk deluxe editions volume 5 comes out on Tuesday on IST.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Do all the newly released Omnibuses Have the square spines?

Amazing Member

No not all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Wow that is rough. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It will be back though. I am sure of it. They had enough copies for it to be their #2 best seller for a moment. I guess there are people also who are buying multiple copies to flip. I got mine in the mail the other day and it is probably my favorite book this year. Everything from the binding to the content is amazing. Hopefully they release a volume 2.
    It's like they only get in 50 copies every time, and there's 500 people who want it. Craziness. IST, CGN, all of them, they get it in, and within minutes it's gone. same with She-Hulk, Uncanny X-Force, etc... Did Marvel cut back the print run on these books? I mean, it's easy now to point everything to "COVID" and walk away, but that cannot be the answer in all cases. YES, supply chain, delivery channels, everything's screwed up, but still, if they truly printed 50,000 copies of the book, let's say (just a number I pulled outta the sky), then these online stores should get more than 100 books at a time, yeah?
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Amazing Member

As a heads up for anyone buying Berserk deluxe editions volume 5 comes out on Tuesday on IST.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is exactly what it felt like lol. Thanks. I hope so. I'm super hyped for it too, and would love a volume 2.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    It's like they only get in 50 copies every time, and there's 500 people who want it. Craziness. IST, CGN, all of them, they get it in, and within minutes it's gone. same with She-Hulk, Uncanny X-Force, etc... Did Marvel cut back the print run on these books? I mean, it's easy now to point everything to "COVID" and walk away, but that cannot be the answer in all cases. YES, supply chain, delivery channels, everything's screwed up, but still, if they truly printed 50,000 copies of the book, let's say (just a number I pulled outta the sky), then these online stores should get more than 100 books at a time, yeah?
    It seems like covid is a cop out catch all umbrella reason for why... and there probably are other reasons... but covid really did mess everything up. A lot. More economically devastating for the US at this point than 911 and perhaps even the resultant Iraq War. Once the consequences of the shutdown fully come to fruition people will be able to see but right now people lack the ability to comprehend it.

It seems like covid is a cop out catch all umbrella reason for why... and there probably are other reasons... but covid really did mess everything up. A lot. More economically devastating for the US at this point than 911 and perhaps even the resultant Iraq War. Once the consequences of the shutdown fully come to fruition people will be able to see but right now people lack the ability to comprehend it.
    Great points! Except that you say "COVID DID mess things up", and I think a lot of us in the US got sorta conned into believing it's past us, but it's not. the worst for us, at least, might be AHEAD of us vs. behind us. Which is scary and sucks. So get your books while you can as some of this $%^@ may happen all over again (shutting distribution centers down, etc...)

I read on another board about the constant slowness of some online retailers that are usually pretty responsive. One point brought up was that the extension of unemployment makes it (sometimes) more profitable for employees to stay on unemployment vs. going back to work, hence some of these online retailers might be running with skeleton shifts both answering emails and filling/shipping orders. Again, this is something we just have to deal with right now. And it sucks. My kids are so insanely bored, even watching YouTube all day and playing PS4 all day is not exciting anymore! I did manage to nab a basketball hoop from a nighborbor, which was excellent, as those are impossible to come by these days. So spending a lot of time shooting hoops with wife and kids. (shooting hoops with my wife brings back memories of when we were dating, which is always nice now that we've been married for 19 years!)

peace
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is exactly what it felt like lol. Thanks. I hope so. I'm super hyped for it too, and would love a volume 2.
    What would you want in a second volume?

This volume already collects the entire original series.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

I'd love the Englehart comics collected.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

Straight to the Englehart 1987 series until Infinity Gauntlet would be awesome in Omnibus. A lot of people would jizz upon hearing the news so much so that perhaps they themselves would be covered in a silvery sheen from head to toe much like the Surfer himself.

I missed the Silver Surfer omnibus from IST, but CGN sent me an in-stock notification a few minutes ago and I was able to get it. Yes!

They have the regular cover Astonishing X-Men Omnibus in stock now.

Amazing Member

Thanks for the update, I was able to get one from Cheap Graphic Novels.

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    I missed the Silver Surfer omnibus from IST, but CGN sent me an in-stock notification a few minutes ago and I was able to get it. Yes!
    Excellent! They did the same to me the other day and I nabbed one. It's stuck in CA right now but should get to me by early next week I would imagine. I've learned to take what used to be "normal" USPS times and add like another 3 days to it, to get a more accurate time. At least on regular and media mail. They're holding pretty good on Priority mail, which tells me they focus on that and kick everything else aside and just get to it when they can. oh well,as long as it gets here. ;-)