Page 366 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2663163563623633643653663673683693703764164668661366 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 75153

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm a man and I've pretty much never been able to more than one pull up. I don't think it's a gender thing. But I've also never put any effort in to improving that record! haha.

And I believe, unless this has changed, (I don't keep up with it) women are better suited to flying fighter jets than men? There was something about the ability to absorb the Gs? I don't remember.
    Maybe it's that, the guys were held to a higher standard than females. If a guy couldn't even do one pull up, then he get a failing grade.

Well, I think that's alright? Is that sexism, or just allowing for the reality that men and women have different bodies?

Well, I think that's alright? Is that sexism, or just allowing for the reality that men and women have different bodies?
    Very good question, Not one I can answer, honestly. It's not a situation that I normally put under the heading of Sexism, personally, though it has stuck with me fro all these years as a measure of how different men and women are, or at least how different they are viewed at the time. I mean, should the guys have been given the same out-card that the women did? Should the instructor have said that everyone has a choice between doing pull ups and hanging on the bar for x number of minutes? I don't know.

BANNED

I don't have any interest in arguing about it. Mets asked a question, and I answered.

But I do want to say: Sexism was hardly 'mostly obliterated' in the '80s. Sexism isn't even mostly obliterated in 2020, let alone 1987. Let alone in the military... in 1987.
    There's a difference between some level of sexism, which is always going to be around in some form, and the kind of 1950s gender roles that the guy was talking about. And to be honest, I don't even know if even in the 50s you could've gotten away with talking about "feminine images of what men fight for," that is the kind of basement dwelling LARP **** you expect to see on 4chan, not something published in a reputable journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Very good question, Not one I can answer, honestly. It's not a situation that I normally put under the heading of Sexism, personally, though it has stuck with me fro all these years as a measure of how different men and women are, or at least how different they are viewed at the time. I mean, should the guys have been given the same out-card that the women did? Should the instructor have said that everyone has a choice between doing pull ups and hanging on the bar for x number of minutes? I don't know.
    There definitely are significant biological differences between men and women, denying this in the name of gender equality would be silly. Of course the alt right loves to harp on this, but in the modern world there are not really that many situations where these differences would actually matter. And given that armies are not above shoving whatever warm bodies they can find into the front line if the situation is desperate enough, I would imagine that a reasonably fit, trained, and equipped woman could more than hold her own in most combat scenarios.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 07-04-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Pretty much ALL of that! The narrator doing that spot in Russian was a gut punch.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Looks like Twitter is hoaxing Trump by claiming he had an illegitimate child with Epstein's girlfriend. "James Maxwell Trump"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Looks like Twitter is hoaxing Trump by claiming he had an illegitimate child with Epstein's girlfriend. "James Maxwell Trump"
    HA! That’s funny! The thing is, given how promiscuous Trump is notorious for being, who’s to say that isn’t true?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    HA! That’s funny! The thing is, given how promiscuous Trump is notorious for being, who’s to say that isn’t true?
    Maybe not this time, but yeah. There have been rumors going around for a while that Trump has at least one secret kid.

Maybe not this time, but yeah. There have been rumors going around for a while that Trump has at least one secret kid.
    I thought that was Donnie himself...
    Dark does not mean deep.

Trump pal Kanye West announces 2020 presidential campaign in 4th of July message

I am certain he has no idea what he is doing.

Kanye West announced a 2020 presidential bid on Independence Day.

West infamously referred to his red “Make America Great Again” hat as his “Superman cape” and dropped an F-bomb in the Oval Office while voicing his support for the president.
    But West is now apparently running against Trump.

“We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am running for president of the United States,” West posted on Twitter.

South Dakota governor calls removal of Confederate statues effort to 'discredit' Founding Fathers

Founding fathers of what?

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) hammered activists calling for the removal of Confederate statues, saying they are trying to “discredit” America’s Founding Fathers.

“Across America these last several weeks, we have been witnessing a very troubling situation unfold. In real time, we are watching an organized, coordinated campaign to remove and eliminate all references to our nation’s founding and many other points in our history,” Noem said at a Fourth of July celebration at Mount Rushmore with President Trump.

“The approach focuses exclusively on our forefathers’ flaws, but it fails to capitalize on the opportunity to learn from their virtues,” she added. “Make no mistake, this is being done deliberately to discredit America’s founding principles by discrediting the individuals who formed them so that America can be remade into a different political image.”

Looks like WBE is going to be busy this year. Maybe next year won't be so crazy.

Astonishing Member

Running for President despite being unqualified only works for straight, white racist, old guys like Trump. Should be entertaining enough to see Kanye West embarrass himself though, but there’s zero chance he’ll even be taken seriously as a real candidate. He’d be better off pushing his presidential run to 2023 or something when things are likely to be a lot more stable by then. Kanye has never been too bright despite his talents, but this seems like just a ploy for more attention but it wouldn’t surprise me given his immense and delusional ego(which is something he has in common with Trump) that he actually has convinced himself he actually has a shot at winning this despite the odds being so heavily against him.

Kanye West has already alienated much of the black community with his support of Trump. There’s literally footage/photos with him sitting side-by-side smiling with Trump with a MAGA hat on. That alone will make Kanye have a weaker standing with the black vote than even an old white man like Joe Biden. We’re going through a unprecedented crisis with high unemployment rates, a pandemic that has cost thousands of lives and counting, and civil unrest over police brutality. Kanye West’s run will only been seen as opportunistic, and ultimately pointless distraction that might risk taking votes from Biden and helping Trump to a degree.

Though I still can’t see Kanye impacting the race in a major way. He’s so weak of a candidate that even Tulsi Gabbard would’ve squashed him like a bug in the primaries had he participated in them. Isn’t it crazy that Kanye West running for President isn’t even in the top ten craziest stories of this year? This news seems rather tame in comparison to the vast majority of the stuff that’s happened. Question now is he running as a Democrat to challenge the presumptive nominee Joe Biden or is he simply running as an independent?
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 07-04-2020 at 10:19 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.