Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd rather a Zee movie that had nothing to do with the Justice League Dark, to be honest. Just tell her own story.
    Oh I just meant what aspects of her origin would they use, IÂ’m not saying bring in the JLD. IÂ’m just wondering if it would be closer to Young Justice, Batman the animated series/Justice League, or Justice League Dark. I especially want to know if her father will be in it or not.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I could see a JLD movie AFTER this comes out and we see what the box office is. No point in throwing in too many things at once. Make Dr. Fate a Nick Fury type character who "recruits" members.
    I'd rather see the Phantom Stranger in that role-appearing and disappearing mysteriously while gathering the forces but not actually being part of the team, and have Fate be a part of the team.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh I just meant what aspects of her origin would they use, IÂ’m not saying bring in the JLD. IÂ’m just wondering if it would be closer to Young Justice, Batman the animated series/Justice League, or Justice League Dark. I especially want to know if her father will be in it or not.
    I believe her origin will depend on her age. 40s BTAS, 20s YJ.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I believe her origin will depend on her age. 40s BTAS, 20s YJ.
    She looked more like she was in her late 20's or early 30's in B:TAS (although I think Bruce was nearing his 40's age-wise but she seemed younger than him).

She looked more like she was in her late 20's or early 30's in B:TAS (although I think Bruce was nearing his 40's age-wise but she seemed younger than him).
    I'm talking about her dceu age for her movie. Bruce in the dceu is at least in his mid 40s and if him and zatanna are still childhood friends than so is zatanna.

Fantastic Member

FWIW, we do have a cameo by a young Zee in a flashback in TEC 833:

Bruce & Zatanna.jpg

Her exact age is not given, but speculation on the DCU Timeline site that she's not older than Bruce's nine and probably not less than five. Therefore if Bruce is in his mid-40s then Zee should be late 30s to early 40s.

Assuming that the timeline of the DCAU on its wiki is accurate, Bruce was c 24 when he first appeared as Batman (this is similar to then current Year One origin), Zatanna would therefore be around 19-20. Note, he was ~39 when he co-founded the Justice League, ~57 when he retired after the Vreeland kidnapping and ~77 when he begins mentoring Terry McGinnis as the Tomorrow Knight aka Batman Beyond.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    FWIW, we do have a cameo by a young Zee in a flashback in TEC 833:

Bruce & Zatanna.jpg

Her exact age is not given, but speculation on the DCU Timeline site that she's not older than Bruce's nine and probably not less than five. Therefore if Bruce is in his mid-40s then Zee should be late 30s to early 40s.

Assuming that the timeline of the DCAU on its wiki is accurate, Bruce was c 24 when he first appeared as Batman (this is similar to then current Year One origin), Zatanna would therefore be around 19-20. Note, he was ~39 when he co-founded the Justice League, ~57 when he retired after the Vreeland kidnapping and ~77 when he begins mentoring Terry McGinnis as the Tomorrow Knight aka Batman Beyond.
    Batman Beyond takes place in 2040?

Fantastic Member

2039 initially, but given that it ran for 52 episodes across 3 seasons (13, 26, 13, so really 4 seasons) it almost certainly covered at least a year in-universe it was easier to use 2040 in my calculations.

FWIW, the timeline places the first season and the first 4 episodes of s2 (up to Joyride, the first episode produced for season 2) in 2039, and places Earth Mover, which includes a reference to Terry as seventeen (whereas he was sixteen in Pilot) as the first episode of 2040).

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I should be cheering. But I'm simply worried in which way creative liberties will warp it into non recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    I should be cheering. But I'm simply worried in which way creative liberties will warp it into non recognition.
    I hope that JLD concept art doesn't re-surface...

I hope that JLD concept art doesn't re-surface...
    Just looked it up and wow that is a bad Zatanna look.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Are you talking about the fishnets?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Fishnets or bust .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They're definitely not going to do the fishnets outside of a scene of her stage show at Vegas, should that be in the movie. She'll likely be in the leather pants she's wearing now, or something similar.

Who knows, they may put them on her arms instead like in Birds of Prey: And The Self-Indulgent Hijacking of Their Big Screen Debut By One Harley Quinn.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but I'm in wait-and-see mode. I was excited when the reports of a Zee movie first surfaced a year-and-half ago, but it seems like most of the DC stuff never makes it out of development.