Page 1187 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 18768710871137117711831184118511861187118811891190119111971237 ... LastLast
Results 17,791 to 17,805 of 19298
    Incredible Member

whatever happened to chelsea green . she hasn't been seen since she dropped robert stone. aliyah has taken her spotlight and with mercedes martinez signing with robert stone, they will be featured weekly while green is mia.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I agree with.

Karl Anderson being a singles wrestler.
    Willie Mack(needs a shirt) being completely sacrificed to the influencer.
    I can't do cinematic matches period. Just not my thing.
    The North going solo would be awesome, but that takes away a great tag team.

I disagree with DP. I never felt like she was a WWE gal. I just see her as an Indy performer.
    I think I have a crush on Jordynne Grace
    they're tag division is deep enough though and they had a hell of a run. i would like to see the rascalz finally beat them though. i would actually like to see ethan page manage alexander.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I fail to see the difference in Joe and Nakamura in this scenario.

Nakamura had two main-event feuds with AJ and Jinder and lost both. Joe had two main-event feud with AJ and Brock (which was amazing. Easily one of Brock's best feuds in years) and lost both.

They tried with both of them.

I think Anderson being in the tag ranks for so long has made people forget he was such a solid singles wrestler. He had an amazing singles career in NJPW after the formation of Bullet Club, and some great feuds with Okada and Nakamura. Even made it to the G1 finals at one point.
    i don't see the difference there with joe and nak either, but i don't think wwe really tried with either of them. and if that is what they consider trying i'd hate to see what a half assed effort looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    before WWE, Deonna was considered, and is one of the best techinical wrestlers out there, the WWE signed her and did NOTHING with her

Ive seen her and Jordynne Grace wrestle at independent shows and while I like Grace a lot, she is nowhere near the wrestler that Purazzo is
    i think that last part is a bit of an overstatement but i wouldn't bother to argue about it. that said i'm aware of deona's career before the wwe but it doesn't change anything about what i said. it's not her fault wwe used her the way they did or that impact didn't build her before putting the belt on her but both still happened.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm not much a toy guy but those AEW figures are actually really well made. Better than a lot of the current WWE ones. I was throughly impressed. NJPW still has the best current figs. Super7 makes some kick-ass ****.
    yeah my son saw those and was like "if i was still little you'd have to buy me those".

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    whatever happened to chelsea green . she hasn't been seen since she dropped robert stone. aliyah has taken her spotlight and with mercedes martinez signing with robert stone, they will be featured weekly while green is mia.
    Chelsea's been moved up to RAW, IIRC. I could see the Iconics bringing her in to match up against Ruby/Bianca/Liv, but that's probably a bit further down the line.

Astonishing Member

Yep, that was the best episode of AEW I have seen. Lots of energy.

I don't get the heel selling a sympathy spot with Eddie hurting his leg.

But...

Sign Eddie Kingston now.

What a great faction you could have with Kingston, Santana, Ivilesse, Diamante, and Ortiz. Give AEW a much needed edge.

The Butcher is a sleeper.

Murderhawk just murdering people is always fun to watch.

I am wondering if NWA has anyone signed but NWA loss has truly been AEW gain.

The Dork Order needs to be off my TV.

Wrestling PSA.

Every wrestling match does not need to be two segments long.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in a podcast shoot ; AJ Styles , Gallows and Anderson all blamed Paul Heyman for firing Gallows & Anderson. Basically the story is as follows.

- Last fall with AEW getting ready to debut the company was gonna meet with Gallows & Anderson to bring them in. Both were set to meet with Tony Khan as the Bucks were friends.

- The day before that meeting HHH met with them and offered them $750,000+ apiece and told them , that there is no guarantee how long the AEW thing could last. But the WWE is always gonna be around and that they can make this decision. It was more like he talked to them as one guy to the other who had families. Both men decided on accepting the WWE offer because its $750,000 a year and job security. This irked the Bucks and Khan.

- FF to this past year with the lock down and blaming Heyman. During it the WWE fired both men as AJ Styles demanded to know who made the decision. One guy told him Paul Heyman made the decision . AJ went to Paul E. who said he never said anything about that and that he would have used them. AJ went back to said guy who again said Paul E. told them the guys were making too much right now.

- Cornette kinda put this one on , no ...Paul Heyman even though he can lie isn't the one who fires people in WWE. That is a Vince McMahon decision. He is someone who likely puts a list of guys who they can cut and some how Gallows & Anderson ended up on it. Because they weren't on TV much and the 2 men were making so much. Paul E. likely didn't help them possibly by saying a few words n all.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Where is Marty The Moth Martinez?

BANNED

Suwama wants to exceed the limits with Shuji.

Could probably do something similar to Ishii vs Shibata matches which has lot of strikes and strike exchanges, less sellling, no selling, more speed, less of the small stuff and more head drops.

Another style that exceeded the limits would be Shitenno Pro wrestling which was AJPW 90's main event style that also exceeded the limits. But that style had multiple finishers and big match finishers.

Could also be something new.

Whatever it is...it's the 5 crown battle.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So in a podcast shoot ; AJ Styles , Gallows and Anderson all blamed Paul Heyman for firing Gallows & Anderson. Basically the story is as follows.

- Last fall with AEW getting ready to debut the company was gonna meet with Gallows & Anderson to bring them in. Both were set to meet with Tony Khan as the Bucks were friends.

- The day before that meeting HHH met with them and offered them $750,000+ apiece and told them , that there is no guarantee how long the AEW thing could last. But the WWE is always gonna be around and that they can make this decision. It was more like he talked to them as one guy to the other who had families. Both men decided on accepting the WWE offer because its $750,000 a year and job security. This irked the Bucks and Khan.

- FF to this past year with the lock down and blaming Heyman. During it the WWE fired both men as AJ Styles demanded to know who made the decision. One guy told him Paul Heyman made the decision . AJ went to Paul E. who said he never said anything about that and that he would have used them. AJ went back to said guy who again said Paul E. told them the guys were making too much right now.

- Cornette kinda put this one on , no ...Paul Heyman even though he can lie isn't the one who fires people in WWE. That is a Vince McMahon decision. He is someone who likely puts a list of guys who they can cut and some how Gallows & Anderson ended up on it. Because they weren't on TV much and the 2 men were making so much. Paul E. likely didn't help them possibly by saying a few words n all.
    You forgot to mention that AJ confronted Vince about their releases. Vince told them they initially weren't on it and Heyman got in his ear when he told him how much they were making.

Ultimate Member

NXT was solid to:

Lee vacating the NA title was probably the right move.

The triple threat was great and Bronson Reed winning was a cool surprise.

Thatcher vs. Lorcan II was also great. I'd love to see Thatcher as NA Champ.

Shotzi vs. Ailiyah was good for what it was, and Shotzi is so much fun.

Mercedes joining RSB was expected, but makes sense.

Kross looked like a beast in that ME. And Scarlett looked amazing as always and has such screen presence.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

yeah my son saw those and was like "if i was still little you'd have to buy me those".
    LOL! Damn kids ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    NXT was solid to:

Lee vacating the NA title was probably the right move.

The triple threat was great and Bronson Reed winning was a cool surprise.

Thatcher vs. Lorcan II was also great. I'd love to see Thatcher as NA Champ.

Shotzi vs. Ailiyah was good for what it was, and Shotzi is so much fun.

Mercedes joining RSB was expected, but makes sense.

Kross looked like a beast in that ME. And Scarlett looked amazing as always and has such screen presence.
    The problem is that NXT is always solid.The show is safe
    AEW can be really good or spectacularly awful.

NXT needs a big storyline. They need a Shock To The System.

Tessa is returning the belt to Impact. Though she's denying the extortion
    https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/t...act-title-back

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You forgot to mention that AJ confronted Vince about their releases. Vince told them they initially weren't on it and Heyman got in his ear when he told him how much they were making.
    Cornette tends to do that. He talks about a situation as if he is an expert, when he doesnt have all the details. just like the sgt slaughter incident

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Cornette tends to do that. He talks about a situation as if he is an expert, when he doesnt have all the details. just like the sgt slaughter incident
    Super didn't mention the Vince part. Cornette podcast actually did. Jim expertise here is Vince himself as he personally known him for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Suwama wants to exceed the limits with Shuji.

Could probably do something similar to Ishii vs Shibata matches which has lot of strikes and strike exchanges, less sellling, no selling, more speed, less of the small stuff and more head drops.

Another style that exceeded the limits would be Shitenno Pro wrestling which was AJPW 90's main event style that also exceeded the limits. But that style had multiple finishers and big match finishers.

Could also be something new.

Whatever it is...it's the 5 crown battle.
    idk much about any of that however i've been watching champion carnival 2018 and it's been a lot of fun. they got some beefy heavyweights over there.

to me AEW reminds me of prime WCW but with much higher quality main events and long term booking philosophy.

i'm a big aj fan and have been for years but he's kind of being a douche. they weren't doing **** with those guys and were pretty much just paying them big money to be his pals. otoh he isn't saying anything about heyman that isn't true.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-23-2020 at 11:23 PM.