Page 569 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 694695195595655665675685695705715725735796196691069 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 20948
    Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Eh if I’m DC I consider it. Imagine getting a library of comics where DC can push its brand for people who want a subscription?
    Yeah that's exactly what I think DC Universe will be rebranded as a comics online streaming service. I don't think you will see comics on HBO Max though.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Yeah that's exactly what I think DC Universe will be rebranded as a comics online streaming service. I don't think you will see comics on HBO Max though.
    Disagree, if it was just a rebranding the year option would remain available. I'm hoping the comics come to HBO Max because it won't be available online otherwise.

And looks like titans is heading to hbo max. There goes dc universes last live show not on another app. Young justice is all they have left.

https://fullcirclecinema.com/2020/07...0new%20service.

Astonishing Member

David Goyer Discusses The Decision To Have Superman Kill In Man Of Steel.

Interesting tidbits here, and Goyer makes a good point when he says the movies should always be treated as elseworlds stories to the comics canon. That’s how I will always view Snyder’s DC films, and that’s kind of why I enjoy them as an alternative ‘what-if’ stories. Goyer also talks about a cut scene from the script where Clark is hunting with Pa Kent and they kill a deer, and Clark immediately expresses grief over the action to which Pa Kent tells him, “it’s a powerful thing to take life even when you’re forced to take life.’ That would be a good way to foreshadow Supes eventually having to take Zod’s life.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 07-25-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

Interesting tidbits here, and Goyer makes a good point when he says the movies should always be treated as elseworlds stories to the comics canon. That’s how I will always view Snyder’s DC films, and that’s kind of why I enjoy them as an alternative ‘what-if’ stories. Goyer also talks about a cut scene from the script where Clark is hunting with Pa Kent and they kill a deer, and Clark immediately expresses grief over the action to which Pa Kent tells him, “it’s a powerful thing to take life even when you’re forced to take life.’ That would be a good way to foreshadow Supes eventually having to take Zod’s life.
    I honestly don’t mind if Superman’s moral code in particular is developed from mistakes he made as a rookie. It’s interesting and as long as he develops from it, it’s fine.

Astonishing Member

First look at Black suit Superman!

Clip:

Snyder revealed at Justice Con that he always wanted Superman to wear the black suit but the idea was overruled by the studio in favor of using the traditional costume. Now Snyder has changed the color of the suit to black and white in his cut.

Snyder also confirmed he will not use any of Whedon’s footage for his cut of JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Snyder View Post
    “I’d destroy the movie before I use a single frame that I didn’t photograph. That is a fucking hard fact. I’d blow the fucking thing up.”
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 07-25-2020 at 03:45 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Yay... no more color. Just feels so hollow and meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yay... no more color. Just feels so hollow and meaningless.
    I mean, we already got the bright and cheery version. This bit of "dark and edgy" is just a bonus deal.

I think movies should be taken as an Elseworld to some extent, but when you're trying to deliver a more mainstream and wider appeal take (at least in theory) I don't think you should go too far.

I wouldn't have liked that deer scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The funny thing is Keaton might not even be playing Thomas Wayne .

Clip:

Snyder revealed at Justice Con that he always wanted Superman to wear the black suit but the idea was overruled by the studio in favor of using the traditional costume. Now Snyder has changed the color of the suit to black and white in his cut.

Snyder also confirmed he will not use any of Whedon’s footage for his cut of JL.
    I always assumed he was supposed to start off in the black suit before re-donning the red and blue eventually, but I guess that's not the case.

BANNED

Clip:

superman goes to the batcave to put on robin's costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

The funny thing is Keaton might not even be playing Thomas Wayne .
    They're already ditching the Amazon war so I assume Keaton is playing older Bruce Wayne.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I honestly don’t mind if Superman’s moral code in particular is developed from mistakes he made as a rookie. It’s interesting and as long as he develops from it, it’s fine.
    What if it wasn't a mistake?he also killed doomsday. He made a choice in heat of the battle. Only silverage superman who operated by the comics code rules never killed. Everyother version had killed. He is only human.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What if it wasn't a mistake?he also killed doomsday. He made a choice in heat of the battle. Only silverage superman who operated by the comics code rules never killed. Everyother version had killed. He is only human.
    Please define "killed." Superman is known for not killing his opponents, and only doe sit on very rare occasions. If he was truly that happy about killing his enemies Luthor wound't last a day after they met. When Post-Crisis Superman killed the Alternate Universe Kryptonians it was a last resort, a somber affair and he did by passively opening a box of Kryptonite he didn't snap necks then forget about it. This act broke him mentally he went into exile in space to punish himself and created another super-hero identity to process the guilt. Snyder Superman never did anything about killing Zod or the other Khryptonians, aside from being sad and screaming loudly once. There was a good story to be told about this but the DCEU didn't go into it. Snyder made him apathetic about death and Whedon retconned everything away as if it didn't happen, instead he's the classic cheerful self which is nothing like any version Snyder made.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Please define "killed." Superman is known for not killing his opponents, and only doe sit on very rare occasions. If he was truly that happy about killing his enemies Luthor wound't last a day after they met. When Post-Crisis Superman killed the Alternate Universe Kryptonians it was a last resort, a somber affair and he did by passively opening a box of Kryptonite he didn't snap necks then forget about it. This act broke him mentally he went into exile in space to punish himself and created another super-hero identity to process the guilt. Snyder Superman never did anything about killing Zod or the other Khryptonians, aside from being sad and screaming loudly once. There was a good story to be told about this but the DCEU didn't go into it. Snyder made him apathetic about death and Whedon retconned everything away as if it didn't happen, instead he's the classic cheerful self which is nothing like any version Snyder made.
    Superman is not known for killing when there is alternate means to subdue the opponent. He has killed zod, doomsday.. Etc. Siegel and shuster's superman has a list of body count. Want me to give picture of siegel and shuster's superman throwing people around.as if normally people "like" killing,let alone superman. He isn't psycopath. What kind of nonsense is that? If lex puts superman in that situation in which he has to protect the world. Sure, he would no doubt end lex luthor. Dude, i have read exile. You don't need to tell me how sombre it was. And this wasn't sombre affair? The guy was still moping about it in bvs(btw! It sucked) .If you want him to go on a pilgrimage to attone for stopping a "space hitler" from continuing the genocide. Then that's baaad. Superman shouldn't be some navel gazer like that(which he is both as postcrisis superman and dceu superman ) .He decided to wear the strongman suit because he knew he would have to make hard choices. He isn't a coward. He is the man of action. Superman values life. That doesn't mean he is a god. He is only human. He is prone to human contradictions. He fights for truth, but is a fraud(clark kent drama). He fights for Justice, yet he is a vigilante . It is because he values life that he takes it when he absolutely has to.(other than some slippery slope dogma. There isn't much of a counter argument either)

This isn’t entirely just about dceu. This is about Superman as whole and concept. The character has been robbed of the essence of the champion of the oppressed. He isn't written as a champion. He is written as some idiotic fly paragon messiah.The sooner the character escapes from comics code driven portrayal that resulted him in becoming nothing but a stooge, pushover, "boyscout", messiah.. Etc. The better.This isn't about the code itself as well. I am fine with superman not killing. But, neither the comics or anyone else has provided me any reason Why he doesn't other than "he values life". That's a great sentiment. But, life is a contradictory thing that accommodates death. The world is full of guys who are corrupt. Ofcourse he would be put in a situation where this contradiction catches up to him. He is put in a situation that many people go through. He doesn't have an out.Morality is about limiting yourself. Batman doesn't kill because he doesn't want to go crazy and he doesn't want to become the monster he fights. Superman isn't governed by those rules.He wouldn't become the monster he fights because of he had to take a life.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-25-2020 at 10:39 PM.