Page 157 of 184 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2750
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Hammerhead's kid is strong enough to hurt Spider-Man for some odd unexplained reason.
    Comedy, plain and simple.

A new video from Marvel HQ gives us a glimpse at Knull, The Symbiote Sisters: All-Black, Scream, Scorn, and Mania, and the origins of the Klyntar race in Marvel's Spider-Man's universe.

I recommended listening to the part detailing Venom's birth near the 7:39 mark of the video. It indirectly explains the appearance symbiotes and klyntar that appeared in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    A new video from Marvel HQ gives us a glimpse at Knull, The Symbiote Sisters: All-Black, Scream, Scorn, and Mania, and the origins of the Klyntar race in Marvel's Spider-Man's universe.

I recommended listening to the part detailing Venom's birth near the 7:39 mark of the video. It indirectly explains the appearance symbiotes and klyntar that appeared in Guardians of the Galaxy.
    It's kind of weird they'd put all this backstory in a youtube video. They've only got six episodes left to make it work into the series and Knull might feel super random at this rate.

Not to mention, King in Black? Are they adapting a comic that hasn't even been published yet?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not to mention, King in Black? Are they adapting a comic that hasn't even been published yet?
    Eh, according to the Marvel wiki King in Black is another name Knull has been called in the comics.

I'm more interested in All-Black though. In the comics, it's just Knull's sword, but here she was a living symbiote and practically Venom's mother. That alien explorer who bonded to the symbiote sisters was an interesting idea, and I like the writer(s) played with the idea of someone being afraid of change. The symbiotes only wanted to be treated as equals and not tools, though it was a bit harsh of All-Black trying to force that elder alien into their new society and equally as harsh of him to kill her and her host.
    Last edited by Pattern_Maker; 08-01-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

It's starting to feel like they expect us to know everything about all of the characters which is why they're doing absolutely nothing in trying to develop them.

Astonishing Member

I'm really confused. The new videos about "Maximum Venom" seem to indicate events of the next 3 specials. But I think they are forcing too many things for a very limited time. We could say they will introduce the Three Sisters, the "Fiery Beast" and maybe even Knull in the next episodes. But if we include things we all expect like Norman Osborn returning as the Green Goblin, possibly the Jackal and some clones, and maybe Mary Jane becoming something "big", we are going to have too much for a very short time. It's going to be like putting more in a closet that it can hold. Well, anyway, there are some things I have to mention around here:

1º) The video with the Venomized animals, it's obvious that we are going to have another symbiote invasion in the last special. I mean, this season is about symbiotes. But still, having the same thing about fighting a symbiote's invasion, "Been there, done that" comes to mind.

2º) Knull is really creepy, and it makes me believe he will appear; maybe at the end of the last special. But I believe that would be anticlimatic. I mean, Knull doesn't seem to be interested in consquest or anything at all. He accepts light in the universe, as long as darkness is still dominant. So, I can't find a reason for him to reappear. He simply doesn't seem to have interest on nothing.

3º) Four symbiotes combined into one, doesn't ring you a bell? It's like Hybrid is the combination of Phage, Riot, Lasher and Agony. Makes me wonder, do you think we will see something like that in the end? I mean, maybe the four (or maybe five) symbiotes will combine again to create Hybrid and fight someone. Sounds crazy, but I believe the "Four" symbiotes could actually combine with Spider-Man to become Hybrid, and then fight Knull.

4º) So, let me get this straight: The four symbiotes, as "Sisters" were Scream, Scorn, Mania and All-Black? But All-Black was merely a sword, basically! And not only that, from All-Black it came two other symbiotes? One was "a great warrior", which it was Venom. The other one, "A fiery beast of ultimate destruction", I think we can all agree it can only be ONE character: CARNAGE!!! Quite sure it will appear in the last three specials.

5º) I don't know WHO was the character who was running at the beginning of the episode, but certainly it can't be a villain like Norman Osborn or the Jackal, as they would gladly embrace the symbiote's power. I can only think about a host here: Flash Thompson. Why?, well, simply because he's the only relevant character to be bonded with Venom. And Eddie Brock wouldn't run from Venom like that. We will have to wait and see.

Well, what do you think of these theories?

Wasn't Venom a rebel symbiote? How come he's a big badass evil warrior now? And why does Knull have a spider symbol?

I wasn't a big fan of symbiotes, but these recent changes to the story are ugly and horrid, and I wish them to be retracted from continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Comedy, plain and simple.
    Their comedy makes me cringe harder with these Venomous revelations unfolded.
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 08-02-2020 at 10:39 PM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Wasn't Venom a rebel symbiote? How come he's a big badass evil warrior now? And why does Knull have a spider symbol?

I wasn't a big fan of symbiotes, but these recent changes to the story are ugly and horrid, and I wish them to be retracted from continuity.

Their comedy makes me cringe harder with these Venomous revelations unfolded.
    Comic book retcons in Donny Cate's Venom comics and possibly by other Venom writer's before him. Apparently Venom's spider-symbol isn't a spider-symbol, but it's a symbol that represents Knull. Trust me though, those are not the worst changes done to Venom and Eddie's history...

So it's just a coincidence that Spidey's black costume looks like Julia's?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So it's just a coincidence that Spidey's black costume looks like Julia's?
    Actually, originally, Spidey though his new costume was subconsciously designed after Julia Carpenter's suit as Spider-Woman? Julia and Spider-Man met for the first time during the comics' first Secret Wars, and when Spidey's costume and webshooters were trashed, he found a replacement in a machine that actually gave him Venom's symbiote. By its new look, Peter thought he subconsciously modeled itself after Julia Carpenter's suit. So, it's not clear. Maybe it was a coincidence, or maybe not.

I know. What you described is what was intended by the creative team at the time, that it was based on Julia's suit. But if the spider symbol on it actually relates to Knull, wouldn't it have looked like that anyway? Which would make the symbiote design the older one and the fact it looks like Julia's a fluke.

This all seems a little heavy for a kid's show, no?

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    This all seems a little heavy for a kid's show, no?
    I think it's a lot to get to in 6 episodes without a lot of exposition.

Hey, Gwen and Anya finally found out Peter's Spider-Man! I'm surprised they would spoil that.

"With jokes like that, how did we not know you were Peter Parker?" - Um, maybe because you two thought he was a member of the Goblin Nation and viewed them both differently in season one.