Page 100 of 204 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3052

KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS - First time I was disappointed by a Laika movie. Both the story and characters were uninteresting to me. Also, the movie looked too CGI and not stop-motioney enough. Movie lost a ton of money. Hope Laika's follow up, The Missing Link, was better, but it, too, bombed at the box office.

THE OLD GUARD - Based on Greg Rucka's comic and written by Rucka himself. Really terrible script chock full of bad dialogue. Didn't add anything new to the immortality concept that hadn't already been covered in the average episode of Highlander: The Series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    "Like" doesn't seem exactly the right word for a movie that fed into all my fears. I'd have to say, though, that the first half of the movie was much more tense than the last half. It's the anticipation of bad things happening, rather than the bad things happening, that did a number on me. The Ninth Doctor showing up takes the movie in a different direction after that.
    I usually like it when a movie gets a reaction out of me. Even if its fear, anticipation, horror, scare jumps or when I throw my pillow at the TV when I am disappointed by a decision a character makes.

American Pickle... stupid but I really enjoyed it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Millennium Actress

One of Satoshi Kun movies, the only one of his works I can say I've watched. Imagine you were watching Citizen Kane, but the journalists are interviewing the celebrity instead of the topical person of interest being recently dead, and the interviewer is an excited fan who roleplays with her as she recollects her memories.

Sounds like good fun, right? Cause it is.
    It's been a while since I watched it, but completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    If you like 28 days later, there is a sequel called 28 weeks later. Its good too.
    Whoops...I meant 28 Weeks Later is the movie I enjoyed. I wasn't actually a big fan of 28 Days Later. Something about 28 Weeks Later clicked better with me than 28 Days Later.

Recent watch: Gladiator.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The Ninth Gate
    based on the novel Dumas Club Johnny Depp stars as Corso ,a book detective, in Polanski's (in this case I can separate art/artist) gorgeous movie. Book detective must be the best job in the world. Plus your villain is Skeletor I mean Frank Langella.

I know what You did Last Summer
    Missed that music/thoose bands. Its a perfect movie for those hot summer nights and also based on a novel (its less of a slasher more of a mystery)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Millennium Actress

One of Satoshi Kun movies, the only one of his works I can say I've watched. Imagine you were watching Citizen Kane, but the journalists are interviewing the celebrity instead of the topical person of interest being recently dead, and the interviewer is an excited fan who roleplays with her as she recollects her memories.

Sounds like good fun, right? Cause it is.
    Watched it on Blu-Ray a few weeks ago. It's a fabulous film that both fascinates and tugs at the heartstrings.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I watched The Go-Go's documentary on Showtime.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Were you head over heals?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I am super interested in it. Do you feel it was well done or..?.

Mighty Member

our lips are sealed!

LOL. I don't know, haven't seen it yet. but I just had to say that.

Avengers Endgame

My dad and I watched it for likely the 5th or 6th time, as always it was a amazing.

Retired

Watched the 1978 version of DEATH ON THE NILE, featuring an all-star cast. A good portion of the movie was filmed on location in Egypt, at some of the most popular tourist sites. Given it would be impossible to go on a trip to Egypt now, this movie provides that experience at no cost and from the safety of your own home.

I figured out the solution to the mystery before Poirot. The Belgian detective is quite irresponsible in how he reveals the solution--given he gathers a bunch of innocent people in a room with the killer, who could murder any one of them. If Poirot knows whodunnit, he should make sure to put the killer in a locked room until the police can take him or her into custody.

Retired

Lately, I've been watching a fair number of pre-Code Hollywood movies from the early 1930s, especially any featuring Barbara Stanwyck or Joan Blondell.

One of my favourites so far is NIGHT NURSE (1931), directed by William A. Wellman, starring Stanwyck and Blondell as two nurses in training. I adore these two women--they are strong, independant, capable and combative. Clark Gable has a small role, but his character is a louse.

I love how the people talk in the 1930s, I wish that style of conversation would come back. Barbara and Joan are always calling each other "sister." Great.

JOKER (2019)

I don't know if any name came out of the comics other than Thomas Wayne and Gotham, most of them are probably original. I enjoyed it as a movie, but I don't think I'm willing to call it a comicbook movie.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage