Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Who are these friendly people that kiss complete strangers on the mouth? That just seems like a weird situation.
    The X-Men have tended to be very kissy for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by logansrunt View Post
    The kiss was nice but I'm mostly interested in Kate's hair. I guess resurrection returned her old curls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That's her natural hair, she was straightening it earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Kitty's hair is everything.
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

My only real objection with Kitty is the tattoo thing. Honestly, I think it's a very unmutant thing to do.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 09-10-2020 at 01:50 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    The X-Men have tended to be very kissy for ages.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

My only real objection with Kitty is the tattoo thing. Honestly, I think it's a very unmutant thing to do.
    Getting a tattoo is unmutant? How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Kate/Illyana/Rachel on task to be the next confirmed poly ship.

I’m just sad homegirl Karma not invited.
    Wait for it

I loved this issue.

First, I love the fact that Kate's hair is back to how it looked when she first appeared. It kind of symbolizes the innocence of her just being reborn.

I continue to enjoy the evolving friendship between Kate and Emma. I like how they've gone from being bitter enemies, to frenemies, to respected colleagues, to genuine friends. It shows a growth of character on both their parts.

I do get the feeling that they are starting to set something up between Rachel and Kate, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I'd love it even more if they included Illyana in this union, but we'll see where this goes.

I have no problems with Kate being Bi or gay- she's always been shown to be a bit bi-curious, with a crush on Storm when she first joined the team, to some flirtation with Yukio in Japan. It would be a hell of a lot better set up than Iceman suddenly discovering he was gay all along.

Can't wait to see what she has in mind for Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    People are really getting their hopes up! Hope they won’t be disappointed at the end. Kitty dating either Illyanna or Rachel is way too messy and yeah messy relationships have happened but nothing that messy. But oh if it does, serious drama among friends in the x universe. Kurt having Kitty steal the girl he loved and was going to propose to Rachel? And hooking up with Sister of the man she left at the altar?

that would be some soap opera drama.
    Rachel/Kitty is not messy and it makes sense

Kitty's hair is BOMB! The conditioning elements of those resurrection eggs...
    I love how Lolli renders his female figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It’s very messy! Kurt almost proposed to Rachel.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    It’s very messy! Kurt almost proposed to Rachel.
    I mean, I agree with you, but I think you should also admit that they clearly do not care to acknowledge x-men gold really at all thus far in Dawn of X.

X-Men Gold is a What If? story about What If? Kitty Pryde was a Mary Sue written by a guy having some kind of mid-life crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    TRULY.
    In the age of Krakoa, where long time enemies, frenemies, rivals, and nemesis are able to put aside their varied tumultuous & heated histories -- ANYTHING is possible.

There is much that would be considered "messy" in this new age, but simply because some readers find themselves challenged to accept these pivots, doesn't make them wrong. In fact, that's one of the beauties of this new era.

Messy? Scott, Logan and Jean sharing a residence with interconnecting doors to their respective private rooms. HAPPENING.
    Messy? Logan offering a beer to Tomi Shoshido and/or playing weird stabby games with his son Akihiro. HAPPENING.
    Messy? Kate happily musing with Emma about what life would have been, had she taken Emma's offer when she was 13. HAPPENING.
    Messy? Kurt considering the development of a new religion. HAPPENING.
    Messy? The restoration of a mutant's lost powers by way of ritual combat with Apocalypse. HAPPENING.
    Messy? Xavier mid-life-crisis-ing with his "I feel yummy" black unitard and fancy new head porsche. HAPPENING.
    Messy? Krakoa. HAPPENING.

We don't know how much time, but its easy enough to assume/accept a considerable amount has passed between Rosenberg's UXM, and the events that played out within (and beyond) HOX/POX -- considering just how much they've accomplished/established -- and WITH that time, there is MUCH that can occur off panel to justify many of the unexpected relationship dynamics we are reading today.

Kitty and Rachel finally addressing their non-platonic feelings for one another in the age of Krakoa is definitely low on the "messy" hierarchy.
    Last edited by Fokken; 09-14-2020 at 05:17 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think if you believe Kurt would begrudge his friends for going through the difficult process of coming out and managing to find love with each other, then you fundamentally misunderstand the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think if you believe Kurt would begrudge his friends for going through the difficult process of coming out and managing to find love with each other, then you fundamentally misunderstand the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This. 1000% Well said.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Messy? Xavier mid-life-crisis-ing with his "I feel yummy" black unitard and fancy new head porsche. HAPPENING.
    Your whole post rocked but THAT made me gut-laugh out loud.

Thanks! I needed that this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Your whole post rocked but THAT made me gut-laugh out loud.

Thanks! I needed that this morning!
    Well thank you. I'm honored to have activated your ******s (gut chuckles)