Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Not necessarily. While it's unlikely we're going to get a concerted Flamebird push, it still possible for her to appear. Her two most likely venues for showing up would be either Kate getting a new series(either a solo or team book would work) and for the writers choosing to involve Bette
    A Batwoman solo, sure it's possible for Bette to come back, depending on the writer.
    But as far as Team books go I don't see it. Every team Kate has been in so far (The Unknowns, Gotham Knights, The Colony, Gotham City Monsters) hasn't included Bette along with her. At a stretch we could say Bette was part of the Crows and DEO during the first solo, since she helped both out in a way in order to help Kate, but she wasn't officially a member of either. Add to that any work either of them did for the DEO was under duress, though in Bette's case she was assisting Kate, not the DEO directly.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Yeesh

Who's Elizabeth Netz?

Don't forget Mary Hamilton from Batwoman?
    The other Otto Netz daughter. She's only in Grayson and Batman and Robin Eternal.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Not necessarily. While it's unlikely we're going to get a concerted Flamebird push, it still possible for her to appear. Her two most likely venues for showing up would be either Kate getting a new series(either a solo or team book would work) and for the writers choosing to involve Bette, or for her to show up as part of a large Titans reunion. Neither is inconceivable, but both of them need a solid relaunch before you can talk about Bette possibly getting involved.

Basically Bette has about as much as any chance she has of being used while she's in between appearances, only they shipped her to West Point instead of California to get her off-panel. Which isn't saying too much but there's still hope.
    I wish they'd sent her to Cali. It makes sense, West Point does not. I had hoped Titans would use but she's obscure there so it's unlikely

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The other Otto Netz daughter. She's only in Grayson and Batman and Robin Eternal.
    Oh Frau Netz! I remember her

I wish they'd sent her to Cali. It makes sense, West Point does not. I had hoped Titans would use but she's obscure there so it's unlikely
    I was so sure that the Titans mini a few years ago would bring her back or at least some update. But it could be a way to do it; In her most recent appearances there, years and years now, she was friendly with Beast Boy, so that obvious way would be to center some of the plot around this friendship. Has Beast Boy even said he knows her at all since 2011?

BTW, out of respect for this thread, maybe we should discuss Bette on her own thread, which is current, more or less.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I was so sure that the Titans mini a few years ago would bring her back or at least some update. But it could be a way to do it; In her most recent appearances there, years and years now, she was friendly with Beast Boy, so that obvious way would be to center some of the plot around this friendship. Has Beast Boy even said he knows her at all since 2011?

BTW, out of respect for this thread, maybe we should discuss Bette on her own thread, which is current, more or less.
    I agree about moving to the Bette thread but like no one uses it except for us. Also Bette and Gar were great friends but I don't think they know each other now.

Speaking of, they gotta stop naming people Katherine or Elizabeth
    Katarina Netz
    Katherine Kane
    Catherine Hamilton
    Catherine Van Derm
    Elizabeth Netz
    Elizabeth Kane
    Mary Elizabeth Kane
    Elizabeth Arkham
    It's getting ridiculous
    I don't believe this. I just found out Dick Grayson's mother's full name is Mary Elizabeth Lloyd/Grayson

Sorry. Just dropped by. Be moving on.

I don't believe this. I just found out Dick Grayson's mother's full name is Mary Elizabeth Lloyd/Grayson

Elizabeth is a darn familiar name. I have a grandmother with it.

Incredible Member

It's kinda weird that Mary Elizabeth "Bette" Kane had a crush on him then

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Elizabeth is a darn familiar name. I have a grandmother with it.
    My name is Elizabeth and I have cousin named Katherine

Modern Bette's crush is derived from the more innocent crush of Silver Age Betty. Also, Dick/Robin was probably not ready for girl's attention either.

I mean they were probably 12 and 13 or something like that, I figure.
    I still wonder why you would reinvent a classic, if hardly known character only to exaggerate their least desirable traits? Besides being attracted to Robin, she was not so bad in the acrobatics and general crime-fighting stuff.

And to bring this back to Kate, Batwoman, that is the thing I liked about Bette's inclusion in her story. She was more enamored of Batwoman, and intrigued with her cousin Kate. When she got involved, it wasn't about getting close to Robin; he wasn't really brought up, though there were some vague references to her past.

The best intention for Bette's role as a partner was to create a different dynamic to the dynamic duo. I'm not sure if I could explain it better than that. It may have been ultimately to show, that

where Batwoman goes, she goes alone. in other words, the creators may have wanted to continue the object lesson of sorts. Fighting crime is serious business.

She wouldn't know it, but from his side, maybe that's why he's reluctant lol

Incredible Member

She wouldn't know it, but from his side, maybe that's why he's reluctant lol
    I see it as more of the fact that Dick still thinks girls have cooties

If Kate were to get another book, would you want to see:

Jacob or Julia as tech support? Neither? Both?
    In a Team, or solo?
    Operates mostly in Gotham, globetrotting, or somewhere else?
    Renee or Maggie as love interest? Or someone entirely new?
    Bette as Flamebird, civilian, or no Bette?
    Alice, Red Alice, or no Alice?
    On good terms with Jacob or estranged?
    On good terms with Batman, indifferent, or estranged?
    More cross-overs and team-ups with other heroes and Bat-Family? Or kept minimal?
    Costume update, or no changes?
    More fleshed-out Rogues Gallery? Alice has been used a lot, but others such as Wolf-spider and Green-Fairy were used just once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    If Kate were to get another book, would you want to see:

Jacob or Julia as tech support? Neither? Both?
    In a Team, or solo?
    Operates mostly in Gotham, globetrotting, or somewhere else?
    Renee or Maggie as a love interest? Or someone entirely new?
    Bette as Flamebird, civilian, or no Bette?
    Alice, Red Alice, or no Alice?
    On good terms with Jacob or estranged?
    On good terms with Batman, indifferent, or estranged?
    More cross-overs and team-ups with other heroes and Bat-Family? Or kept minimal?
    Costume update, or no changes?
    More fleshed-out Rogues Gallery? Alice has been used a lot, but others such as Wolf-spider and Green-Fairy were used just once.
    Jacob for Bette
    Julia for Kate
    Team with Azrael and Batwing
    Whichever's fine because Kate doesn't have the Nightwing problem of hey let's me make you Batman's damsel and derail your story for 2 years
    Maggie if the Superman department is willing. Two-Face needs Renee.
    Bette as Hawkfire
    Red Alice is the good one right? Character development stays
    I don't like extremist Jacob but The Colony is a cool idea. Haven't decided yet
    if she's not on good terms with Batman then make it good term in a way that makes sense
    You know what that's my answer for Jacob too
    I think she needs the crossover because unless JH Williams III on the title they don't last very long
    Costume design's fine. Maybe add some insulation feature because last I check she's been taken down by electricity
    if we keep her facing monsters and supernaturals then I want Deacon Blackfire
    or you know... every member of the fam have faced Ra's except for Kate I think
    Can Kate swordfight?