Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It wouldn't be Violet Bat, it would be Purple Bat (and I will take that over Spoiler).

However, I think Stephanie and Cassandra will mantain Spoiler and Orphan with their new oufits.
    I was thinking of Violet Avenger - used by anyone other than Grey Ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There is another problem with the Spoiler name - try posting an old cover or splash page on Reddit r/comicbooks or r/DCcomics. Because the word Spoiler is in the thread title, it'll automatically be flagged as a spoiler. In error, if it's not from an issue that just got released. There's also a running gag whenever a CBR article is posted on r/DCcomics - CBR is known for putting [SPOILER] in article titles to hide someone's identity until you read the article. Of course, people joke about whatever the spoiler is happening to Steph, because her name is Spoiler.
    Bleeding Cool has used images of Spoiler on articles that include spoilers, though I don't think I've seen them do that lately.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I was thinking of Violet Avenger - used by anyone other than Grey Ghost?

Bleeding Cool has used images of Spoiler on articles that include spoilers, though I don't think I've seen them do that lately.
    I'm partial to Violet Vindicator

I'm fine with Spoiler, but I'd rather the full face mask come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with Spoiler, but I'd rather the full face mask come back.
    I prefer the ninja mask. Show her hair and eyes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Yeah. I also prefer that.

I don't like masks that cover all the face. So, I'm happy Stephanie returns to the ninja mask.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    I'm partial to Violet Vindicator
    There exist more shades of purple than eggplant and violet. I hope some of them can be used for Stephanie's costume.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    The full face mask just seems more memorable from a visual perspective to me and more distinctly "Spoiler." Plus it's just a fun looking mask.

If I want Steph showing her hair and eyes, she may as well just wear her Batgirl cowl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The full face mask just seems more memorable from a visual perspective to me and more distinctly "Spoiler." Plus it's just a fun looking mask.

If I want Steph showing her hair and eyes, she may as well just wear her Batgirl cowl.
    I would prefer the Batgirl cowl too, but that doesn't seem to be an option. So, I have to settle for the ninja mask.

I feel that a black mask that covers all the face does not convey the emotions so well (even when they make the mask to have expressions).

I would prefer the Batgirl cowl too, but that doesn't seem to be an option. So, I have to settle for the ninja mask.

I feel that a black mask that covers all the face does not convey the emotions so well (even when they make the mask to have expressions).
    Her Spoiler mask always stuck me as being really expressive though. Like Spider-Man's mask.

Spectacular Member

I would vote to show her eyes.
    Stephanie Brown has always been a joyful, emotive character and it’s much easier to portray that when you can see her eyes. More fun- and often funny- as well, to experience her reactions more easily.
    It also makes her distinct from Cassandra, who appropriately wears a full face mask. She is the machine-like, emotionless League of Assassins-trained martial artist when in costume.

In fact, if there is to be a ‘Batgirls’ team, I think that it would be cool to have one Batgirl with a mask that covers the upper half of her face (Barbara), one with a mask that covers the lower (Stephanie), and one that covers the entire (Cassandra).

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    Stephanie Brown has always been a joyful, emotive character and it’s much easier to portray that when you can see her eyes. More fun- and often funny- as well, to experience her reactions more easily.
    It also makes her distinct from Cassandra, who appropriately wears a full face mask. She is the machine-like, emotionless League of Assassins-trained martial artist when in costume.

In fact, if there is to be a ‘Batgirls’ team, I think that it would be cool to have one Batgirl with a mask that covers the upper half of her face (Barbara), one with a mask that covers the lower (Stephanie), and one that covers the entire (Cassandra).
    I'm a white eyes fan, myself .

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post

I know that realistically showing one's eyes would allow for my expressivity and empathy, but in the comics I think that it is the opposite. The traditional superhero white eyes allow for an exaggerated and hyper-expressive reactivity by their cartoonishness. Much like the Deadpool movie with CGI eyes or Tom Holland's Spider-Man
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I know that realistically showing one's eyes would allow for my expressivity and empathy, but in the comics I think that it is the opposite. The traditional superhero white eyes allow for an exaggerated and hyper-expressive reactivity by their cartoonishness. Much like the Deadpool movie with CGI eyes or Tom Holland's Spider-Man
    In itself, I don't have problems with the white eyes, since I like domino masks. I would prefer a domino mask for Stephanie than a ninja mask.

I just don't like masks that cover all the face.

Not to mention that, unlike Spiderman or Deadpool masks (which have color and distintive aspects), the Spoiler mask is just a black mask with white eyes.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-27-2020 at 10:04 AM.

In itself, I don't have problems with the white eyes, since I like domino masks. I would prefer a domino mask for Stephanie than a ninja mask.

I just don't like masks that cover all the face.

Not to mention that, unlike Spiderman or Deadpool masks (which have color and distintive aspects), the Spoiler mask is just a black mask with white eyes.
    Well, a colorful mask would kind of stand out in Gotham, but I guess it comes down to personal taste.

The ninja mask has never really done it for me.

The "new look" for Stephanie and Cassandra:

The Purple is as Symbolic in Steph as the Blue in Nightwing or the Red in Red Hood..

For this her symbol is in purple

Steph mask is different too.. Is like she is wearing one "good mask" against Joker venom.